Phylosophical questio to forex

why do people without any knowledge perform better at trading than when (same person in a later stage) they once start aquiring online knowledge and try to take the business serious?

2 Likes

My own personal theory:

The less you know the better.

I’ve always made the argument that a child would probably trade a mechanical trading system far better than an adult. They’d not second guess the signals nor have any bias as to direction nor would they stress about closing out losers because to them it’d not be real so no psychology problems or issues.

And matter of fact I was just talking about this earlier on another thread. I am convinced now more than ever that the reason for my spectacular failing as a trader back then was simply because of information overload. I happened to look at one of my very old threads just yesterday or the day before. In a single thread I must have been jumping from one trading system to another and from one indicator to another in just about every five posts type of thing. And not any single one was actually given the chance to prove itself. So far as I can tell: my history was made up largely of taking a trade using something in particular, having to realize maybe two consecutive losses, and that was that i.e. off to the search for the next holy grail of trading system or indicator. It’s a frightening read for me.

5 Likes

Yep… agree. If I had just continued trading the CCI Indicator up and down between 140 and -140 or concentrated on price crossing an MA200 with small lot positions on the 1 Hour plus TF… If, If, If…

I was telling a member here only yesterday… I opened a clean XAUUSD chart on the 25tick TF… WMA600 and traded price under and over… 110 pips in about 3 hours… just basic PA scalping…

Analysis Paralysis… Information Overload… are real issues…

4 Likes

VERY real.

1 Like

this must be proved statistically and over many trials
this biz is like gambling that is not forbidden if you have a proven strategy that has more than 70% percent winning rate

What must be proven?

this must be proven

Sure, go out disprove that statement.

and others will tell their 4 years old kid to trade for them
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
would you ?
if you say no
then you disapprove the idea

Prove… it.

got nothing to prove
it is you who should prove what you have said

if the argument made in the very first post is true or not plays at the right moment absolutely no role. suppose it is true and continue with the discussion.

if you want to be the annoyance which tries to stop people from discussing by undermining their point of view, then please take your signal provider service which you try promote here since weeks, somewhere else and be the annoyance of someone else.

if you like to continue this journey and maybe in the end reach a conclution that will benefit you and everyone else who participated in finding this conclution, then by all means you are more than welcome to join the debate.

:hugs:

1 Like

I was not undermining anything nor anybody
freedom of speech about idea is not undermining
i am not trying to sell any signal and even if i do
people are free to buy or refuse
selling legal things is not an illegal activity
if you can not stand freedom of speech find yourself a forum that does not respect this basic human right that is common between all free societies and civilized cultures

Don’t waste your time MrDE, its not worth the effort

Getting back to your original question, I think beginners luck plays a part. Certainly my own first month of trading was unrepeatably successful

1 Like

Reading this thread reminded me of a forum conversation some of us old-timers had 9 years ago.

Here’s part of that conversation —

HOW TO BE A FORUM TROLL

1. Wait patiently until someone posts something you think you can attack — this will be your initial target.

2. Then join the discussion with a very gentle, non-confrontational question or comment.

3. Focus on your initial target, looking for a fact or opinion which is difficult to prove. Then demand that the writer of that fact or opinion PROVE his point. If he falls for your ploy, his reply will give you more facts and opinions to attack in the same way.

4. Begin your attack by arguing smoothly, in your best imitation of a real scholar. Being able to do this is vital; it is your most valuable skill. You have to create the illusion, early on, that you are the smartest guy in the room.

5. When people on this thread become annoyed with you, you are on your way to winning. Now you begin to cry “personal attack”, “off-topic posts”, “forum rules”, “freedom of speech”, etc. Your objective is to frighten your opponents into silence.

6. When everyone has been silenced, and you are the last man standing, YOU WIN! – Find your next target and do it all again!

7. If you happen to be exposed as a forum troll, consider changing your screen-name, and re-joining this discussion (or any other discussion) with a new “identity”.

8. If you happen to be banned by a fascist moderator, then changing your identity will be your only option.

That was copied and pasted from an old post of mine, in a thread called “Where have the trolls gone?”

That thread got a bit too raucous for the Babypips moderators at the time, so they closed the thread.

You can still access the whole thread, but some of the posts are a little hard to read, because the old forum formatting inputs didn’t properly import into the new “Discourse” forum we are using today.

In order to do the copy-and-paste above, I had to clean up the text by removing all the old formatting inputs – [B], [/B], [I], [/I], etc. I know, I know, I use those things too often.

3 Likes

Nice post, Clint.
The early steps are very similar to how some of us, myself included, try to smoke out spammers and marketeers, asking gentle, open questions without coming across as critical or disapproving

I know of at least two forum members that have posted on this very thread that made it all the way to point six in a single day (yesterday)!!! LOL!!!

1 Like

Is that what your doc told you? Usually psychiatrist dont tell the patience that directly and bluntly whats wrong with them.

Dont worry. Nobody here is out to get you. We all just want you to leave and you stubbornly do not undersrand it.

mrde
have a good day
the post is about people who think that forum members are here to attack them
i am right now working on my thread
Trading opportunities
something i like to do

i agree with the switching. a man told me once to take 100 trades exactly the same. same entry and exit rules without making exceptions. it was an eye opener. its about time to repeat that exercise. you learn the value of sticking to a system,then you can evaluate and make changes,