Picking Cherries & Apples

Blizzard’s system seems promising but it’s the exit I have a problem with. On the charts posted everything looks great but with the repaint of the zz dots, looks are deceiving. It does seem to work much better on the lower timeframes, but the exit is more crucial to avoid losses incurred by the spread. Most people here (I believe) don’t have the luxury of very tight spreads. If we can find a more accurate exit point that would help. Regarding babypipsjbentz EA using just the SAR I think that should be in a new thread because that way we can use it as a starting point and tweak it from there. In this thread it will get little attention.

Credington,
The SAR ea obviously evolved from Blizard’s latest Picking Cherries idea. I just put it here for Blizard’s opinion or anyone elses’. I’ll leave it up to Blizard, or yourself to create a new thread.

There isn’t much to talk about, however re: the SAR ea. It’s as simple as short on high dot, close short on low dot. Go long on low dot, close long on high dot. Anyway, I like messing with the code, but not hosting a forum thread.

I have tested your SAR EA and it have a good potential. When using a higher TFs we can archive better results. But also it is important that we implement such a trend filter in the EA because PSAR is only working good in a trending market but not in a ranging.

Perhaps the SAR could be used with an indicator such as ADX to determine whether or not a trend is in place?

good friday to all

ok so the morning was a bit slow i had 9 trades total from 1am - 9:25am

6 wins 3 losses

3 losses - (-7, -7, -3)pips
6 wins - 5 pips each (+30)pips
total for today 30pips @ $3 = $90
total since trading strategy from 18/10/2012 to present $399.00

will post charts later i think i’m done trading this week going to bed now later

happing trading

Great Work BabyPipsjbentz, i really appreciate your efforts, i think the SAR will work better if we add ATR in the mix so we catch the market when we actually have movement. I have attached an image to explain. You can see that the SAR entries are much better when the ATR value is higher and this may also help eliminate the tight range that often eats up any profits because of over-trading. Maybe don’t enter trades when the ATR value is less than 0.0005, this really helps to reduce bad trades.

thanks

Great work harrilalchadd, keep posting your results and setups if possible.

thanks

congrats!! I enjoy reading ur posts and well u did. Also a big Thanku to blizard for a great system and all the improvements that are being made!

What pairs did u use?

I’m trading the eur/usd

i trade the eur/usd, gbp/usd, aud/usd, usd/chf,

thank you joke, but if it wasn’t for blizard and his strategy i would have made those trades i’m still trying to master his Simple & almost naked system.

Hello, here are Fridays trades, some nice setups. I think that a trade should really be avoided if the ATR is below 0.0005 and indicated below. Once you factor in the spread, its very difficult to make a profit when the ATR value is less than 0.0005. When the value is above 0.0005 and you get a Dot outside the bolinger band and a SAR appears, you can usually take 10-15 pips without issue.

It should also be noted that this ATR value is for EUR/USD 5 mi chart and may be different for different pairs or time frames.

thanks

Doesn’t every candle that goes through a bollinger band draw a dot? I don’t think you need the swing zz indicator, just bbs and sar.

***** Added “NetProfit” per ATR value (Win-Loss) to the chart. *****
***** Edited due to bad math, duh the ATR chart corrected (much less impressive, but still ok) ****

Blizard,

I built an indicator to track the ATR and TradeTickets of MT4 Backtest trades of EURUSD H1 Jan-Oct 2012 on entry for my “Pure SAR” ea. Then I checked the TradeTickes history to see what the winning and losing ATR values were. The chart shows the ATR values and the total $$ won or lost on that ATR value.
The biggest profits AND losses occur from ATR in the range of 0.0011 to 0.0030. Not much was lost or gained beyond those values. Eliminating any specific ATR value will also significantly cut into the profits.

I think you’ll come to the conclusion that there is not specific ATR value that will make or break the EA. And limiting the ATR for trade entry isn’t going to help increase profits.

atr.zip (48.9 KB)

Hello,

your SAR EA is really good and simple. But as i have told before. SAR is only good in a tranding market. So what we can add to the EA to identify a trend and only enter the SAR dot based on a trend? Also your ea is entering a market on a first SAR dot. But as we know the SAR can also repaint so what do You think about it?

Don’t know. When you start adding things to avoid sideways market, you miss the start of the long trend. Just have to take your chances I guess. I put in a sideways market filter and backtested it. It missed a lot of big trades.

Also, I tested it on other pairs. No other ones are any good that I can find. Probably means that if the EURUSD changes behavior, might not even keep working on it.

So you think its better to leave the EA without any filters? Maybe we can archive better results when we are using it on H4 TF? What do you think about it?

Maybe you can also read a post on this forum Trading Silver with PSAR SUPERTREND EA plus ZigandZag & PSAR Oscillator Confirming

Here is talking much about PSAR EA and how to avoid trading during ranging market what kills the PSAR and they also made a PSAR EA so maybe You can use something for your EA.

In the meanwhile i will test your EA on H4 TF to see how it is performing?

Hello ,
The way how i trade ATR :slight_smile:

If you have questions feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Cheers.