Picking Cherries & Apples

James have you thought about adding your ATR rules and the ADX rules to your Cherries EA ?

I have noticed with the EA multiple entries are entered when the swing zz moves, might be best to limit it to one trade and not enter another trade until we get a dot in the opposite direction?

What ADX settings do you use which give you the signal to enter a trade ?

Hi David, I stopped working on the Swing_ZZ ea after I switched to the Pure SAR ea with better results. The Swing and Bolinger Band methodology has too much repainting to be useful, in my opinion. And after Blizard added the SAR as a filter, I realized the SAR was doing all the work. The Swing and Bolinger Bands were just getting in the way.

That’s very interesting. Thanks for looking into that and setting up the backtest.

Gbpusd H1, 4 years data, 90% modelling quality.
Any specific settings to use on gbpusd in order to get better results?

+85 pips on FTSE100 today, guarenteed +70 pips

It was a great day to be trading!

Hi,

Thank you making ea for this strategy. i hope when you add ATR conditions(Blizard says) which will make good winning trade.

Thanks
Sheriff

Blizzard can u please tell me the TP or take profit target for this method or technique ( depending on time time of the trading )

and can please post your lastest template ( with indicators) and picture of the template

Dear sandybeach ,

adx period 14, and line 25 , but still testing it , looking for somebody to create ea for this , because winning ratio is about 60% if adx line would be backtested , i think i could got about 75-80 % wining trades.

Guess you didn’t understand my message to Blizard. Using the ATR does not help. It takes away profits.

Very nice system and I think the tweaks are starting to come together. I made some tweaks myself and manually backtested the system from Jan-Yesterday for EURUSD.

This is for a 1Hr TF, since I don’t have tight spreads.

The below is what I would call a two lot system, where half the position is exited once TP1 is hit and then 2nd lot is moved to BE and is then used as a trailing stop once the SAR has move pasted BE. It doesn’t matter how many lots you trade as long as you divide them in half.

Indicators
SAR - .02, .2
BB - 20, 2
ATR – 10

Buy Signal
The first SAR dot is printed below the lower BB at candle close.
Sell Signal
The first SAR Dot is printed above the upper BB at candle close.

*** TP1 and Exit Signals ***
Once traded is entered TP1 and SL are both set at the current value of ATR. (For EURUSD it is usually between 10-30 pips)

Results
Account value: $2600
Amounted risked/trade: 3%, $78
Trades generated- 235 which gives, apx 26 trades/month
Win Rate – 56.17%
Avg PnL/Trade - $3.89

Therefore… the above system on the year would generate the below, with the proper position sizing and risk….

313 trades/year * $3.89 avg pnl/ trade = $1218 or a 46.84% Return on the year.

This isn’t bad at all… but I think we can do better…

hi Blizzard,

are all the indicator using default settings? if not, please help to indicate the setting for indicator.

thanks a lot.

can someone please or Blizzard can u please tell me the TP or take profit target for this method or technique for 5 minutes chart ( depending on time time of the trading )

and can you please post your lastest template ( with indicators) and picture of the template

Wow, what a mind boggling thread when you read it all at once! :30:
Anyway, hey BABYPIPSJBENTZ, concerning your SAR EA, would you be able to build-in a TP setting of, say, 10 or 12 pips? I loaded the EA up on 5 pairs and let it run overnight with some wild results, both good and bad. I’m thinking that with the number of collective trades, there could be enough pippage to make me happy if it took a 10-12 pip profit when it was available. Thanks!

hey

i always have my tp at 5 pips i always remain 75% profitable with that but my spreads are very tight like between 0.1 - 1.0 pips if you don’t have tight spreads i suggest you go for 8 pips inclusive of spread.

hope this helps

harrilalchadd whats your SL?

As i still use the swing zz indicator i always place my sl ant the previous swing high/low which is usually 7pips

Great work jpblack1, a very promising system. Looking forward to the ‘better’ part!

hey all

well first set of trades for the week been a bit sick since Sunday, so better now i hope i can concentrate on my trading and make some money to pay the bills

these are the trades i made this morning
6 trades 5 pips each = 30 pips@ $4.00
= $120 profit