Hey pipsters

so today’s trades went like this

11 trades total

2 losses of 10pips each and 9 wins of 5pips each

for a total of 25pips total

25pips @$5.oo per pip =$125.00

week so far $375.00

i will continue trading later in the aud session but for now bed time

only thing i try to avoid in news but i made a great mistake today i didn’t look and the fundis and i had 2 losing trades but i still remain profitable

also what are your spreads like?

Impressive results…anyone else doing it like harrilalchadd?

Hello,

Does any one thinking about EA ? Harrilalchadd post`s only live trades , but after month or two i can come up what is not profitable , only few years back tests is reliable reason for forward testing it. Or maybe someone back tested it by hand ?

Cheers.

thanks Harrilalchadd.
my TP is between 8 / 15 pips, i will test only 5 for TP for have more win.

(sorry for my bad english)

[B]Martizanas[/B] - its up to you if you want an EA to me i wish for an alert so i would have to be by the pc all the time personally i think EA’s complicates things because as a live person i can determine if the criteria is being met to enter a trade and sometimes it is met but SL is to wide do i risk it or not.

[B]franckyz [/B] - if you don’t have a broker with tight spreads i suggest to switch i was with fxcm and i switched to pepperstone big difference spreads don’t hold me back no more

Hey harrilalchadd,

I posted on your profile too, as i don’t have enough posts to send a PM.

EUR/USD spread = 1.5pips
GBP/USD spread = 2pips
AUD/USD spread = 1.7pips
USD/CHF spread = 1.9pips

Harrilachadd,

Here is an EA that is Blizard’s system, with ZZ, BB and SAR.

It will draw the SAR and the BB and the last ZZ trend line on the chart strarting from the time you put the EA on the chart, so you can see them without having to put the indicators on the chart.

It is default NOT to take trade, only send alert on new bar. It is EA and will trade if you want to change the setting.

Warning, the default StopLoss is the SAR+/- 3 pips. However, that can be a very large stoploss. You might want to change the setting to FixedStopLoss with a set pip value.

Found an entry logic error. Sorry. Here’s revision.

Blizard_Cherries_Apples_ea_v121030b.zip (3.36 KB)

hey pipsters

my prayers to the Americans may god be with you

this morning trades were all wins 6 trades total

as you tp is 5pips for each trade
so 30pips @ $6.00 per pip = $180 today

week so for $555.00

although for spreads are low it may still eat up your trades with this strategy, which broker are you with? try and get a ecn broker that offers spreads between 0.1 - 1.0 better results and even if you have loosing trades your account is always profitable

hey

thank you haven’t tried it yet but i am looking forward to using the alert thanks again

According to David Aronson,"Knowledge is backtested form of the declarative statement"
A proper system should have three chrachteristics:
1.System can be backtested.
2.System should give good results(after historical backtesting or live trading)
3.System shouldn’t have a large drawdown.
As far as i know no system should be based upon the Swing_ZZ because it tends to change it’s value with the price action and thus it can’t be backtested like a normal system.Swing_ZZ repaints it’s value after the top or bottom is broken and thus can give many fake signals which can’t be detected during the historical backtest.

Harrilalchad,

Would you get better results (less losing trades) if you only entered trades when the SAR begins outside the Bollinger bands?

Clive

Does anyone know if we can keep the swingzz dots on chart just to know where they repainted while backtesting?

Thanks

Blizard’s previous system required to allow the Swing_ZZ to post the first dot in the opposite direction before placing trade. That is the only way to be sure that the dot you’re trading off of will not repaint again.

Here is a simple indicator to show all the places the ZigZag is “thinking” of reversing. But when the price extends, so does the ZigZag.

ZZ_repaint.zip (677 Bytes)

Thanks JBentz, but does that indicator keeps the dots on the chart? If it doesn’t we cannot use it for backtesting and that was my idea.

The reason I am asking this is because I believe that we could make a nice scalping on the ZZ, going for short TP (5-10(?)) after dot painting and if it breaks just set the same loss amount in opposite direction. Could be just a silly idea but…

@ harrilalchadd

I have been seeing you doing it with success. I have a question for you.

You enter at first Sar dot appear and that particular candle close or you enter at the opening of that particular candle?

Regards

Harrilalchadd, Could you upload your account on myfxbook.com and provide the link? So we could see how the equitity curve is changing over the time, live trades and past setups, DD… it would be really apreciated.

yes, the typical spreads on good ECN brokers like pepperstone oscillate between 0.5 and 1 pips, however you have to add the comission they apply. for example the gbpusd on pepperstone has usually a 0.5-0.7 spread, plus the 0,75 pips comission, it turns to 1.45, wich is a good spread, but not an “incredible thigh” spread. So, MayZerG you have similar spread on eurusd than harrilalchadd on gbpusd, usdchf or eurjpy.

only way i know to this is running an ea backtest (any ea should work, for example the macd default ea on your mt4) on visual mode, then you can attach the template to the chart and see when the zz dots has appeared like if you were trading live.

i enter at the close of the candle give or take a few seconds