Pip value for micro lot how much pls

Dear Trader, Please help a newbie and god bless you
i need to know how to calculate pip value for micro account.
how much is 100 micro lots at 10 pips
would that be U$100 ? and like if i my balance is U$100 and i want to try alot of risk all that amount, if the market go 10 pip against me i lost all or should i open 50 volume ?

[QUOTE=“jhonconstantine;699560”]Dear Trader, Please help a newbie and god bless you i need to know how to calculate pip value for micro account. how much is 100 micro lots at 10 pips would that be U$100 ? and like if i my balance is U$100 and i want to try alot of risk all that amount, if the market go 10 pip against me i lost all or should i open 50 volume ?[/QUOTE]

Lot Sizing:
1 standard lot (100,000 units) = $10/pip
1 mini lot (10,000 units) = $1/pip
1 micro lot (1,000 units) = $0.10/pip

100 micro lots = 100 x $0.10/pip = $10/pip
$10/pip x 10 pips = $100 (you are correct on this)

If you risked that much on $100 account and lost the trade, yes your account would be blown. 50 volume? Do you mean 50 micro lots? Personally, I feel with you asking this you shouldn’t even be trading real money. Probably best to stick to demo. However if you insist, I would say risk the smallest account you can and see how you do and go from there. You might even want to open an account with Oanda, there you can trade $0.01/pip and avoid all this unnecessary risk, at least until you gain more knowledge.

But at the end of the day it’s up to you whether you want to lose that $100 or not.

Oh and even at 50 micro lots, a 20 pip move against you will take you out.

ForexForte you’re wrong math , because i did a 8pip win and earn only 0.36cents with 7 micro lots

the print bellow 8pip win with 7Mlots earn 0.36 cents using xm platform

No, my math is not wrong. If you’re account is a micro account then

ForexForte the real pip value is not 10cents but 0.1 cents so yes you were wrong, check it out forexsms .me calculator
example if i win 10pips of 100 micro lots my profit is sad 7 gbp only.
really sad

Sorry my post got cut off. I’ll repost in a second.

What currency pair are you trading?
If eurusd, a full lot is $10 per pip, mini lot $1 per pip, micro $0.10 per pip.
And don’t forget the spread and/or brokers commission, and roll over costs

[QUOTE=“jhonconstantine;699999”]ForexForte the real pip value is not 10cents but 0.1 cents so yes you were wrong, check it out forexsms .me calculator example if i win 10pips of 100 micro lots my profit is sad 7 gbp only. really sad[/QUOTE]

I am not wrong. On the contrary I am quite right. In order to prove I’m right I need some information.

Who is your broker?
Your account is a micro account, correct?
What pair did you trade? Yes this does make a difference.
What commissions do you pay, if any?
When you entered, what exactly did you type in for your position size? I don’t mean 1 or 100 lots, I mean 1.00, 100.00 that sort of thing.

As soon as you answer these questions I’ll prove how undoubtedly right I am and why you only made what you did.

6 lots, yes micro account at XM trading point …
it’s been 1cents per pip

6 lots euro usd at xm trading point yes micro account

check it out

Thanks, that’s plenty to prove myself right.

First of all, let me prove what I wrote was highly accurate. Here are some popular links that show that:
DailyFX - Understanding Forex Trade Sizes | DailyFX
About Forex Trading - Choosing a Lot Size - Forex Trading Lot Sizes
And yours one and truly, Babypips - What is a Lot in Forex?

In the above Babypips link, keep in mind both the lot column and the number of units because that will come up again.

Now go to your broker’s site. Click on Trading and then go to Account Types. You will notice a micro account and a standard account. If you were trading a standard account, here are your numbers:

1.00 = 1 standard lot (100,000 units) = $10/pip
0.10 = 1 mini lot (10,000 units) = $1/pip
0.01 = 1 micro lot (1,000 units) = $0.10/pip

But your account is small, therefore you fall under the other category of a micro account and your broker has a different way of doing the numbering.

100.00 = 1 mini lot (10,000 units) = $1/pip
10.00 = 1 micro lot (1,000 units) = $0.10/pip
Ahh, but your broker offers nano lot sizing, 1.00 = 1 nano lot (100 units) = $0.01/pip

Here is a link that shows you exactly what your contract sizes are on each pair in regards to typing in 1.00 for your position size to confirm exactly what I said: How to find the contract size in MetaTrader 4 | tradimo

I can’t see the exact numbers clear enough to see your entry and exit point since it’s so blurry, otherwise I could confirm this myself.

So if anything, those first 3 links prove that I was completely right like I said all along. I hope you have learned not to blindly throw false accusations out and instead, ask nicely why I may not be wrong. Traders like me, we’ll be trading circles around you for the next few years, that is, if you last that long. So be more open and committed, maybe you’ll pick up a few things here and there.

Something completely irrelevant to above that you should also keep note of is that pip value changes depending on the currency you are trading in regards to the base currency and counter currency. Here is a link from ufxmarkets.com that show how to calculate pip values: Calculating Pip Value | Forex School - Novice
Here is a link to a Babypips calculator to figure out pip value: Pip Calculator: Free Online Forex Pips Calculation Tool for Traders
And here’s a link to Google: https://www.google.com/

Now you have everything you need to figure things out. Don’t expect anymore free lunch because there won’t be none and you’ll be left hanging, you will get skinned, and you won’t last long.

Thank you ForexForte, so the explain is my broker told me i have a microaccount but is a nano

[QUOTE=“jhonconstantine;700082”]Thank you ForexForte, so the explain is my broker told me i have a microaccount but is a nano[/QUOTE]

No, your account is still a micro. But your broker does you the favor of trading nano lots which at the stage of your trading career, you need. Keep trading those 7-10 micro lots and even 100 like you wanted to do and it’s a sure fire way to blow your account. But don’t listen to me, the market is a teacher on its own.

Dear
Your Math is correct i have crosscheck with demo acc los and profit …

1 lot = 1 $ = bearish 97 pip = balance -97$

0.10 lot = 0.10$ = 10peni
bearish 99 pip = 10 peni * 99 = 990 peni = 990 /100 = -9.90$ ( coz bearish )

finally i learn how to calculate … thanks …

Rgds
Jagjeet