PipJoker's way to trader's life

Today’s trade is Cable [B]SHORT[/B]. Shorting from the figure 1.59. Reasons:

• Stoch 1h and 1d showing down move.
  • MR1, the figure
  • Cable failed to make higher highs while usdx was going lower.
  • I still beleave we have some falling to do before going higher. I’m eyeing for the 1.5820 level.

This starts to look a bit scary :smiley: Results for today:

For next week, depending ofc how it will look after tomorrow (i won’t be trading tomorrow because its NFP, and i think it will be S&D), i will be looking for longs. Sooooo… lets keep this voodoo going :smiley:

So im leaving to party :slight_smile: just thought i will wish everyone who visits my blog to have a nice Easter celebration! See you next week !

So my first week of trading live am down -5% :slight_smile: nice start. Gonna update with graphs and stuff few days later because im sick right now…

Joker I would like to see you post some premarket analysis… on the Weekly, Daily and find something on those periods to trade off of… use this as an exercise in Ideal Trader Selection this coming week…

GLGT & GWS :57:

I will do my best for that ICT. As i logged my whole trades, i just saw how they were so irrational. It seams i’ve lost 3% with average analysis and 2% with pure air analysis… I’m not even going to post them. Once again i’ve proven myself how forex has nothing to do with trading. I mean, i didn’t trade. I just entered and hoped for the best… thats not right :expressionless: thats not even forex. Anyway… As you’ve noticed and ICT mentioned, i haven’t uploaded not a single PREmarket analysis since i began live trading. My hands even want to insert “:D” emotion :)) one more mistake. And just like in last ICT videos, you won’t learn by somebody telling you not to do that or this. You will learn when you lose money…
For now on, no trading or at least TRY not to trade before i post my analysis… no spontaneous entries.
And one more reason why i did all this, because i wanted to make money as soon as possible… only that resulted in losing money as soon as possible :slight_smile: One way or another, told myself that i won’t need to go out next month anymore because thanks to my stupidity and losing money. Now that i accept the fact that i will be spending my days at home, i feel more calmer about making money and only pips count…

BUT. I will put my last failed trade, and why i entered long. So, fiber/cable LONG (both pretty much the same scenarios):

• D1 Stoch was going higher and higher. And by the last swing lower it made a div.

• OTE was at S1, sweet spot.

• Small number 15910
  • As we penetrated the level, i thought we will dip lower, take out stops and go higher. And it seems thats where the price was going all this time

So… but that ofc doesn’t say the fact that i entered way to early once again, and with this scenario i could have made 30-40pips easily, or at least not took a lose, but…

Edit: Forgot to mention the H1 stoch aswell. As price was making lower lows, stochastic was making higher highs so that lead me to think about reversal.

So today’s Fiber SHORT:

• Mirror OTE pattern, sell at 127 extension, which lines up with almost asian high.
  • While fiber making higher high, cable is making lower high
  • Previous days S2
  • Institutional 50 level
  • 15min Stoch is making lower highs while fiber made higher high. But dunno how valid this indicator is in short term. Well after friday’s long, am not sure how valid it is in general :))

Hi Pipjoker,

I usually have a contrarian view of things, but I am monitoring stochastic divergencies also.
I read an interview with George Lane, the inventor of stochastics, who used to trade with price action and stochastics only. He said that divergence was the real signal. I have found that it works best when scalping on M5 TF better than M15 TF using std 14,3,3 settings. But only take trades when stochs is either above 80 for shorts and only below 20 for going long on divergences. George Lane also said that he looked at stochastic divergence on both the daily and weekly and that the higher TF had more significance than lower TF’s, he would take more notice of divergence on the weekly than on the daily TF.

I also have just re-loaded my live account today and started with two scalps only on E/U today making a total of 16 pips. I find Mondays sometimes hard to evaluate like today so I’m happy with 16 pips today, maybe better tomorrow.

GLGT

Thanks! As i am researching stoch myself, its nice to see someone going the same road. Yes, i look for divergence both on D1 and W1. But weekly is really slow moving and some times i think that weekly divergence becomes obvious after the fact. Same goes for daily. Seems that the market already made its move while divergence is only taking place. Just like with friday’s trading, D1 was pointing further move forward, and it slam dunked the whole market.
Thats how i came across even looking at M15. It seem like a legit divergences if you look at history, and you can catch them unfold on the spot. But once again, today sucked ass :frowning:

With the same post i will sum up my trade result today:
-30pips. -1%.

I don’t know why it got where it got… You might argue the fact it went hard on friday and some till LO today, had to retrace a bit, 13000 is super psicho lvl, but still… Thought it will retest at least one more time… After i got Stoped out i left my pc to take a walk because it started to get really frustrating. All these stupid thoughts in my mind how its typical for me to lose real money while i make demo and blabla. Hate that after this time risking money (have in mind poker) i still cannot control myself up to that level where i can say “fcuk that sht, got unlucky”…

So in Fiber Weekly we are downtrend.

Daily.

So i think we will reach the 80 level and go higher.

• Lines up with trader’s trinity level
  • CPP
  • Both M15 and H1 is at oversold level, just waiting for some divergence.
  • Old highs/lows converge with 80 lvl

Waiting for some SMT or stochastic div, to really enter. Any ideas?

EDIT: Took out profit +30 pips.

I will be looking for short on cable. Reasons:

• OTE from yesterday high to low

• A smaller OTE from recent swing going into today’s asian session;
  • OTE lines up perfectly with HTF 127 extension
  • ICT Stinger tool
  • H4 stoch pointing down move.
  • We have daily fractal high, h4 fractal high and 1h fractal high.
  • Trinity Sell level
  • Pivot sell zone
  • Fiber already showed its weakness; 80 level yesterday held like a boss thats why there should be a lot of stops. I was trading yesterday from 80 myself.
  • Asian high is MS1 aswell.

Some much tools line up for short. I really hope it will work. If anyone looking for longs, will be waiting for analysis and suggestions.

Edit: Lost the trade.

Yesterday i traded from cable 80 level:

• We had SMT divergence between cable and us dollar, while dollar made higher highs, cable failed to go lower below key S&R level.
  • Institutional level 80;
  • Previous day’s S1, 23 day’s MS1;
  • Stoch oversold, some small divergence.

But unfortunately when it moved high about 30+ pips i moved my stop at BE and it took me off as it went down. Well, eventually it got higher… bah… :31:

So i’m down this month -10%. Done for the month. Pretty much all trades were a loss.

Reload and relax. Drop risk to .5% for a week or two.

Pipjoker, take the rest of this month and run thru backtesting your trading strategy across 1 pair. I guarantee you that it will help you greatly and your trading will grow by leaps and bounds because of it. I have zero experience trading forex and am very confident in my trading thus far because of it. Let me know if you need a hand setting up MT4 to do this.

@ ICT: Yep. Thats what rest of the days are for till the end of the month :slight_smile: and thats what pretty much being doing. Have a jazz festival this weekend in town, so its going to be awesome. And i have dropped my risk to .5% for last trades already. Till i get more confidence, that means ~4-5 winning trades, then i will move to 1% risk. Hopefully i will see that by the end of the next month :slight_smile:

@Stepha: Like i posted earlier in one of the ICT threads, i am currently looking for a way to set up MT4 so you could see only the data you want. For example - i want to trade two years back from now. I want to see all the data till 2010.04.27. And i want to be able to draw S&R lines, load up pivot points etc, just like i would trade LIVE, but all that happens in the past. And after am done putting entry levels and exits i want to be able to load up 15min candles so i could follow the process. I don’t know if i told in an understandable way (please tell me if you didn’t catch me), but if you could help me to set up my MT4 like that, it would be a SUPER help :slight_smile: looking forward to your reply.

As for today, i was eyeing for the 60 level at fiber and would have longed from there
Reasons:

• Beautiful SMT divergence between USDX and fiber.
  • OTE higher time frame
  • Key S&R level
  • S1, TUE Asian high,
  • Stoch divergence at H1.

I see what you want to do but the only way I know how to work with historical data on MT4 is to load historical data and then actually have all the information available. What I then do is open up a daily, 4h, 1h and 5min chart for a pair and then scroll back in history. I then set the charts in a way that I cannot see upcoming data to my right … for example … I setup a 15min chart to view data for March 1st 2011 up to 01:45am EST (like if I was about to trade London Open). I then have all my analysis in place and pretend I place a order. I then scroll forward in the chart slowly and see what would be the outcome of my trade.

To have historical data loaded for a pair:

• Go to “Tools --> History Center”
  • Pick a pair and drill down in it
  • Select a chart type (ie: 4hr) and double click it and then click on the “download” button

I use Oanda MT4 and this is how I download historical data and use it.

Let me know if any issues …

Wow bro your trade would’ve paid off hugely! :smiley: excellent analysis!

So i took Long at cable today from the figure. Clint pointed out pretty much everything there was to point out in different thread, so i will just repost it here:
"I pulled a fib from Friday’s LOW to Monday’s HIGH on a 1-hour GU chart. Within the upper half of the OTE (that is, from fib .618 down to the OTE sweet-spot), I found 6 levels of confluence (plus the OTE itself). Altogether, there are 8 significant levels within a 10.8-pip range.
Confluence within a 10.8-pip range:
1.62088 — fib .618
1.62083 — swing HIGH from 9/6/11
1.62067 — swing LOW from 8/26/11
1.62059 — swing HIGH from last Thursday (4/26)
1.62046 — weekly PIVOT (last week)
1.62000 — figure
1.61982 — daily S1 (note: my pivots are basis 5pm New York time)
1.61980 — OTE sweet-spot (mid-way between fib .618 and fib .764)

To sum up i’ve [B]made my first normal 0.5 profit[/B] as i moved my SL at 30pips when it reached 40. I’m glad that i did. My TP was 60 level, because it was in OTE for shorts from yesterdays high to todays low. As there was SMT between cable and fiber, i was looking for shorts. But only tomorrow. Well, now that i have a confirmation, i will be looking for short tomorrow.
[I]
This month profit: [B]0.5%[/B]
So overall profit: -9.5%
Overall balance: 1910[/I]

p.s. I will be trading with 0.5% of my account till i reach 2000 euros. Then i will be back at 1%.

As for this method - Thanks StephA. I will try out over the weekend :slight_smile: Let you know how it worked!