PipJoker's way to trader's life

Well, thats that to my trade. Took a loss. Some days are just like that and theres nothing you can about that.

In the end, i am finishing with 1% profit this week. At least with profit :wink: Have a nice weekend and see you next week

Took a loss today. Sometimes its just amazing how everything fall apart.

I had a long bias today. Its more like a scalp than a long bias.

Reasons:

• 4h grail;
  • 4h trend line;
  • OTE;
  • institutional level 20;
  • Judas swing lower;
  • Stochastic up move;
  • Previous highs and lows;
  • You can apply everything inverted to USDX.

TP was just few pips below weekly pivot. And then NYO would have been short.

Below find pictures.

wellā€¦ went completely bersek on my account :slight_smile:

With confidence i can say that ā€¦

Tell me about it bro - I took a long this morning, only to get wiped out. Yet look at where the market is now - UP UP AND AWAY :frowning:

Stochastics wise you werent wrong, you didnt wait for that bear move though thats the key thing if you see the correlation divergence, in this case you were looking for that down slide to take the long.

Good point, my only concern was that LO had ended (it was 9AM London time) and price hadnā€™t yet come down to around 1.2510 or so. In retrospect, I shouldā€™ve just used a limit order - AHHHHHH!

ICT said thats the high probability hours however he also said that there was a 1hr buffer before and after his killzones

Maybe you can post some examples? I didnā€™t quite understood that.

Well yeah, everything would have been fine if i havenā€™t snappedā€¦ againā€¦ and instead of -1.5% for the day ended up being -7.5% :wink:

That kids is why most of the people fail. Psychological pressure is sometimes a huge pain.

[/QUOTE]

This was what you were looking at its the prime example, you noticed before the stochastics making higher lows and price is doing something different that is the crack in correlation. ICT said that once you find this on an hourly you want to see it run down as your buying opportunity in other words a judas. Also daily trinity based your looking at S1 so thats already 2 reasons based on current intra-day analysis going for you

By the end of the day i thought i will be feeling super depressedā€¦ butā€¦ today only makes me smile. I donā€™t know why. Maybe somebody broke in my head and am going crazy :smiley: or just not attached to the money as i used to be. Dunno.

Am back where i was begging last month. Soā€¦ next week last try one more time to crawl back to the light.
This trip seems like will never end.

One thing i know i will be celebrating my ass off when i reach BE.

Hehā€¦ i would benefit from that therapy :smiley: most of my biggest swingdowns are coming from revenge trading. Couple of times it seemed i got it under control only to find out later that i was wrongā€¦ soooo wrong.

Wellā€¦ The best alternative is to make a loss your cue to stop trading that day. Period. End of sentence.

Not only does this stop revenge trading, when you have this in the back of your mind, you tend to only wait for higher quality trades, because you donā€™t want to have to put yourself in timeout if you lose.

I did this for six months awhile ago, have never had a problem revenge trading since, even after stopping the practice.

Take a loss, close all orders, turn off computer, donā€™t read any forex news or forums, and go outside and get out of the houseā€¦

Keeps you from getting burnt out too, as youā€™ll be excited the next day to trade againā€¦

Thank you for advices guys. I will try out both of them till the end of the month and see how things turned out.

I am very interested in the concept of ā€œloss is your cue to stop trading that dayā€. It definitely makes a lot of sense trading quantity wise and cutting off revenge trading possibility completely.

Your posts and advices are a one of the main reasons why i have this blog. Thats why i think when i have my nerves at the right place i will still continue with this thread.

Wellā€¦ i closed my first Account. I saw that i was just dumping money into a hole expecting something to burst outā€¦

I think i will once again go back to shadows and start trading demo account. I can say that i lost about 30% of my real account. Thatā€™s reality and am not afraid to face it. I might just experiment with different approaches to the market, maybe they will suit me more.

Take care guys! Donā€™t ever give up on your dream :wink: I know i wonā€™t.

PipJoker,

Glad to hear you arenā€™t shutting up shop for good and will return at some point.

Tbh, i havent been following your progress from the beginning, but at least for this week i can question, is the problem really in your approach to the market? This is not my attempt to defend ICTā€™s teaching - itā€™ll work wonders for some im sure and not for others. I do agree its about finding what works for you, but look back on your past months progress:

Are you unhappy with your results because your system isnt giving you winners, or are the results you desire not happening for other reasons. Imo, your problem is more psychological than anything else. Our biggest aim when trading should be to control losses, and maximize winners. As part of that process you need a game plan to stop you blowing your hard earned pips from the month before in one dayā€¦

You posted and openly admitted you went berserk on your account this week, and for what, being frustrated at a loss? Take that out on something else, not the account. You have to be able to know when to stop and come back another day. As part of your new plan, write out a limit of acceptable loss on a daily basis, a weekly basis and a monthly basis - and if these are ever hit, take the month out, reload and come back to the markets the next month. Your mindset when your trading is just as important - if not more important that the strategy you plan to tradeā€¦

Again, imo, no strategy will ever be successful until you learn to control your emotions, control your losses and maximize your winners. We dont need to be right all the time, and with certain strategies, you dont even need to be right more than your wrong if your R:R is goodā€¦

Anyway, rant over, hope to see you back soon and reloadedā€¦

Good Luck Bro

:57: