PipJoker's way to trader's life

Yes, i am trying to learn to enter at the right time at the right level :slight_smile: And lately more than often i manage to do that :slight_smile: Yes, lets work this out together ! :smiley:

Btw, entered on both cable and fiber, made over 50pips and took out as i don’t want to be in the trade when Bernake speaks :slight_smile: So horray! Will update later.

Pick yourself up

Just something we are always facing as traders.

All i can say that i snapped today :slight_smile: Here goes my “no revenge” trading… Broke my rule. So ended up over almost -5% for the month. For the rest of the month my main goal is to get to BE.

Thats why for the rest of the month i will try to to wait for Big OTE followed by a small OTE.

Same bro - lost the plot and pulled the trigger on some half-ass trades :confused: Only difference is that I managed to get out of the day flat…

I must say though, my demerit system really makes me work hard on cutting out pointless trades. Maybe you should try implementing something similar bro? Work on analyzing your losses way WAY more than analyzing your wins.

I just snapped yesterday :slight_smile: that was really pointless trade. And am happy i got burned… That’s how you should be taught.

Anyway, will have NYO short for fiber?

Missed both big moves on cable and fiber. Had both already taken, but that huge drawdown from cable took me out at BE, and for fiber just got scared of big moves up.

Anyway, manage to take 50 pips anyway.

And for tomorrow, to me it looks like an up day.

Hello guys,

I haven’t posted anything in a while :slight_smile: today just felt like its time! Been trading actively! :slight_smile:

I will be posting a series of separate post just to different the information in each post.

And i will start by posting my observation about price action. I find it rather interesting and helpful to determine where to enter and where not to. Just my thoughts. So don’t take it for granted! :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t got a name for it lol. So i will be just calling staticcandles.

Please look below.

As you can see, price stalls for a moment before it moves. I don’t know if its due to session (hopefully not), but at least 4 candles jump around same level. And am trying to develop entry on the 4th.

Yes, you WILL miss fast moves when it comes down and straight up (very high risk/reward moves). Yes, it sometimes will make you lose. But when you determine the highest candle made, you can move your stop lose few pips just above it. I have experimented with it, and its usually 10/15 pips SL.

Anyway, this does help to avoid bad entries where price seems to go to OTE, stalls few moments and goes down bellow/up higher. PLUS you can enter pretty much at the bottom/high, which only lets you save/earn more money.

Do play with staticcandles yourself :slight_smile: Try to experiment. Maybe it will help you.

Concerning trading. I have made my monthly goal which was to go to BE. Well, month isn’t over yet, and i just might lose everything what i have earned, so its not really reached goal. But if everything goes well, i might just sustain it and even surpass it.

On 14th i have made 3 trades. Two of them were about 10pips, and last one over 20. In total 40 pips.

I was looking short for both pairs (cable, fiber).
For fiber i was looking at 1.2395 level to enter. It had weekly pivot R1, daily R1, figure, 79% retracement daily etc.

DAILY OTE

As you know, if you have been following that price action. It never really got to 95. And static candles showed me that. I reacted and entered at 80. On the 5th candle it started to slide already giving me profits. As the day was super choppy, i didn’t keep it for full range and exited early.

Pretty much the same thing with cable.

For 15th. It was a national holiday for me, but i couldn’t sleep early in the morning so i turned up charts. I just couldn’t resist that setup on fiber :slight_smile: As in post above, you can see that daily have formed a huge hammer. Which lead me thinking that today we either see retest of that same high level, or we will go down lower. Just by looking at price action and super numb reaction to good Cable’s number it become clear to me that it might tank. Got myself another 50pips.

All in all, last/this week of trading i could describe with only this…

[I]

Still a long way up… but… at least i can see where am going… [/I]

Took a scalp today. 0.9% in my pocket :slight_smile:

Fiber. Inside short time frame trend line, confirmation by OTE and static candles pattern.

Hello.

Firstly BAH! I couldn’t recatch my last weeks trading results with myfxbook account pictures etc. All i can say that i had super week last week. I mean, it was my first really good, profitable week! And it felt amazing. Even tho i lost a trade on friday, but that doesn’t matter because i finished with wooping over 5% in profit!!!

So good luck this week guys, lets hope we can bag some more :slight_smile:

Cable short is giving me some sweats :smiley: As i have progressed to using smaller SL, usually the high of the highest candle of stacticcandles patter or just above it :slight_smile: And cable is playing with the recent highs!!!

EDIT.

Just gotta love those Small Time Frame (STF) trendlines. Yes, their existence is short but they do come in handy. And they sometimes show unreal S&R!

Just made over 3% :57:

Took two trades. Both shorts. I will update later :wink:

Edit: Like i said, i took two trades. Both short. Cable and fiber.

Fiber:

• Entry 1.2362, SL 1.2370. Took profit at 43 pips which made my R&R 1:5
    Reason:
  • OTE. We had a small OTE formed aswell (but i was already in the trade)
  • Holy grail
  • TT and pivot sell zones
  • 1.2360 was a key level
  • Friday’s asian high

Cable:

• Entry 1.5710, SL 1.5720. Took profit at 15 pips which made my R&R 1:1.5

Reasons:

• OTE.
  • TT and pivot sell zones
  • Stoch was indicating lower prices

Already posted this trade picture. I was aiming for 1.5715 but i thought it will never reach there. Well i was wrong :smiley: that level was touched like gazilion times :smiley:

Anyway. Am happy with today! And am very happy to lower my SL to the minimum.

For tomorrow or day after (i know i said don’t predict market), i think cable will blast upwards. And i think it will be a big move too which ever way it chooses to go. If you catch it, you might want to holding it till the end of the week :slight_smile:

Daily

Thats one of few awesome speeches i ever heard :slight_smile:

Well it happened today :slight_smile: unfortunately i couldn’t participate in that huge move! It never gave a good sell signal, despite some spikes lower and straight up which aren’t valid for me.

I did expect (or more like wanted) one more low. Thats why i tried to short :slight_smile: yeah yeah… not the best idea :smiley: but! These losses only make me love my tight SL even more. Along with small long scalp, i took only -0.8% loss which is good.

Just wanted to show a sweet setup am in right now :slight_smile: Don’t know how it will end, but from technical side it looks pretty beautiful.
LONG Kiwi (NZD/USD):

• Holy grail 1h;
  • Big figure 0.8100;
  • Pivot S1;
  • Sweet static candles;
  • HTF trendline;

Hey PipJoker

Looks like a good ICT setup.
just a quick question, is 7 a magic number, one of the requirements for your entry?
Or is it just arbitrary?

Well right now its at BE :expressionless: Hopefully it holds :slight_smile:

No, magic number is 4. I usually enter at the 4th candle. Just try to look at chart for at least 4 candles at the same level. You’ll see more than a few setups take shape like that. Even for example fiber two days ago, before rally up from CPP. Yesterday’s fiber run up at LO (thats where i shorted and took a small scalp).

And just my assumption - more stacked candles at the same level, more S/R there is. And it makes you to wait, and more often wait through bad trades (save you some money).

Like i said, try to look at charts for those candles. Maybe it will be helpful for you :slight_smile: