Placing Trade through Broker or TradingView?

Hi!

I am using TradingView as a platform for watching the currency pairs, but till now placing the trades within my brokers account.

I am wondering what you guys do?

The same as me or placing the trade also on TradingView?

It might be more convenient to do everything on TradingView (from one browser). At the moment I have TradingView open on my desktop computer and using my laptop for placing the trade with my broker.

Many thanks,
Michael

Whose prices are you watching on TradingView, if they’re not your own broker’s?!

Do you realise that if you’re trading spot/CFD, your broker’s prices for their own product may not be the same as the ones you’re looking at?

It sounds very strange indeed, to me. Why are you doing this?

1 Like

hi @michealhardy, I’m using Vantage, ICMarket and Pepperstone which have enabled trading view platform.

For positional trade, since I will always put buy/sell limit / stop, it will be fine to put position directly at Trading View.

But If I am doing scalping, I will only monitor higher timeframe with Trading View. Reason, Trading View chart is beautiful, it entertains my eyes :smiley:

When I want to put orders, I will use cTrader or MT5.

As @Heteroskedasticity said. Only look at the chart that your broker. Never mix them. You use pepperstone, look only pepperstone.

1 Like