Pls help - Changing Broker for MT5

Hi all, I’ve got funds in my MT5 account but seems to have some issue withdrawing out from the current overseas broker. Since the funds are in MT5, is it possible for me to switch to a local broker for me to do the withdrawal?

No. Different brokers have their own platforms. Your problem is related to the withdrawal process, not MT5.

The most common difficulty is trying to withdraw to a named account that didn’t fund the original deposit. Brokers who are properly regulated insist that where your money came from is where they’ll send it back to.

If you have closed (or changed) your deposit account you’ll have to provide details of your new account in your name and provide all the necessary confirmation details of evidence, e.g. your passport, your new bank statement, your address etc etc.

Thank you very much for you reply. I’ve got a feeling that I’m getting scam by the broker. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to withdraw out my funds successfully.

Hmmm. :thinking: Do you mind sharing which broker this is? :open_mouth: Maybe someone working with them have encountered the same issue or it might be a good chance to warn people about them. :thinking:

I was recommended to use Sunton Capital. During withdrawal, they claimed that I need to make tax payment before they could release the funds in my account. The tax payable is 30% of my account balance. As a newbie (naive as well for trusting my friends), I did not do due diligence check as I am aware the MT5 is a welll known trading platform. If they are allowed on MT5, I believe most likely it won’t be a scam. Sad to say, they obviously are.

Yeah. :frowning: They most likely are a scam. :frowning: I’m so sorry. I hope you get your money back. I checked them out and their reviews are just terrible! :open_mouth:

https://www.wikifx.com/au_en/dealer/3009627203.html