Political Opinion

Interesting quote in the context of JD - he converted to Catholic in 2019 - apparently previously identified as atheist, although raised Christian.

As we live we grow and change.

1 Like

And on the note of change JD wrote about change in his life back in 2020 - it’s a long read - without cookies - yet it’s interesting.

That all had to change. It was time to stop scapegoating and focus on what I could do to improve things.

If he makes VP then good chance he will have the opportunity to create change for the better.

How I Joined the Resistance (thelampmagazine.com)

Edit: and on the theme of change JD wrote about his beloved Mamaw - on the morning of his change to Catholicism *in her voice, ringing in my ears that morning": Time to ■■■■ or get off the pot.”

1 Like

Realizing this comment is now ancient in terms of a forum, I disagree. A NATO without the US is weak. Due to the “big dog” in Europe being Germany, who threads lightly because of history. A wounded Britain who lost world dominance after WW2, and France who was invaded and are embarrassed. And, they all hope and pray dialogue will do the trick. The US, never seen war on own soil, enforcing power when needed, is in another mental mindset. Europe, still remembering the havocs of war, are hesitant. The US is not. I fear Europe will stall and try dialogue too long. I was not born, but the stories of war and occupation are very much alive still. That means Europe will fight like hell, but also that all will be tried to avoid confrontation. And that is when the enemy might see their window.

1 Like

As all empires come to an end, America’s is slowly coming to an end, so someone has to grow some balls, otherwise, we’ll all be answering to China or whoever. that’s my opinion.

1 Like

That is very true, sooner than we fear…

1 Like

Biden described by source as ‘seething’ at Pelosi as calls for him to step aside grow

Gonna interview any of these politicians that SWORE 3 weeks ago that Joe was incredibly “sharp and focused” behind the scenes… You know, hold the media accountable…

Can you imagine a sitting President winning all his primaries and then being told to get out… It has never happened… So throw away the democratic process… From the “party of democracy”

What a joke these people have made of the entire situation…

Seething…? You’re supposed to do what’s best for the country… I see this all the time with sports stars where they sadly try to play on instead of gracefully retiring…

Biden can’t see that he’s no longer cognitive capable and failing… At least Pelosi stepped aside…

@WeRideAtDawn Close… This thread is actually MAGA vs. Idiocy…

2 Likes

Basically “It’s over” mate
“Empires rise in iron Boots - they decline in silk slippers” - Stefan Molyneux ? - Fall of the Roman Empire ? - find it and concentrate on what he has to say ! (u-tub keep deleting it but others repost it constantly) It contains all you need to know!

We are already well into “Bread and circusses”, “Meaningless money” and “women refusing to breed” - The State has already usurped the role of “Men” in families - so men are opting out “MgTOW”.

The collapse of every “western State” is inevitable -

Yes we have Trump, Farage, Marine LePen, Victor Orban etc trying to fight back and rescue us - but their efforts will ultimately simply delay the inevitable !

Popcorn anyone ? :rofl:

EDIT:

And this “CO2= Global Warming” fantasy - is just the icing on the cake - of the complete destruction of the “Western Civilisation” - as Richard Tice said “No amount of money can turn off the sun”

3 Likes

America’s empire is ending at a time when Western civilization is slowly eroding, an unimaginable tragedy.

The average empire survives for 250 years: Is America at death’s door?

In 2026, the United States of America, founded in 1776, will celebrate its 250th anniversary.

We’re rapidly nearing the 250th anniversary of the fall of most previous civilizations.

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/politics/the-average-empire-survives-for-250-years-is-america-at-deaths-door

1 Like

Not really a “tragedy” - It is just as it is ! - We have no divine right to dominate the world - A new form of “Empire” will emerge in due course - and in their turn will give way to their successor - just like all teh previous ones have done - We have just been lucky to have lived in “good times” - now we watch as "Weak men make hard times "!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Illegal drugs are vital to America’s economy because they have created millions of jobs and have preserved certain industries.

Focusing on all illegal activities that directly or indirectly contribute to America’s GDP

Including Illegal Activity in the U.S. National Economic Accounts (PDF)

The internationally agreed guidelines for national economic accounts, System of National Accounts 2008 (hereafter referred to as SNA 2008) (United Nations Statistics Division 2008), explicitly recommend that illegal market activity should be included in the measured economy.

This recommendation has not yet been implemented by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) because of challenges inherent in identifying suitable source data and differences in conceptual traditions.

This paper explores how tracking illegal activity in the U.S. national economic accounts might impact nominal Gross Domestic Product (GDP), real GDP, productivity, and other economic statistics.

Nominal GDP rises in 2017 by more than 1 percent when illegal activity is tracked in the U.S. National Income and Product Accounts (NIPAs).

By category, illegal drugs add $108 billion to measured nominal GDP in 2017, illegal prostitution adds $10 billion, illegal gambling adds $4 billion, and theft from businesses adds $109 billion. Real GDP and productivity growth also change.

Real illegal output grew faster than overall GDP during the 1970s and post–2008. As a result, tracking illegal activity ameliorates both the 1970s economic slowdown and the post–2008 economic slowdown considerably.

2 Likes

LOVE IT !

Of course we must realise that “illegal” - simply means that those who consider themselves better than us have put in place “Rules” which they enforce against us - at the point of a gun !

Remember “Prohibition” ?

Yet now the cheeky B*stards want to count breaking the law as part of their fictional GDP ! - Does that include BAnk Robberies and Frauds ? :sunglasses:

Of course you speak of “Illegal drugs” (Remember prohibition ?) which they say are too dangerous for us to put into our bodies (unless you are called “Hunter” for example) -because they are either “dangerous” or “untested” orsome other excuse

• Interesting that on the other foot - “they” insisted - pretty much at the point of the same gun recently - that we all put “Stuff” into our bodies which was untested and has proven really quite daingerous - we’re still waiting to find out just “how dangerous”
    :rofl:
3 Likes

There was never any real war on drugs.

How the U.S. is helping fuel its own war on drugs.

Arming and Funding Cartels

With special access to secret intelligence documents and government insiders, this investigation uncovers how American citizens have been aiding Mexican drug cartels by smuggling military-grade weapons across the U.S. border, providing the money and firepower for cartels to operate with impunity.

So we had the BSOD world wide… or did we?

One country escaped unscathed - the 2nd largest economy world wide.

2 Likes

Blue Screen of Death

Proof that shots were fired from 4 different distances at Trump rally

I hope that acoustic evidence of the ballistic activity is brought before Congress during the hearing in the questioning of Cheatle & Mayorkas…

CNN had never broadcast a Trump rally until July 13, 2024… And hosing off the roof quickly and prior to an investigation is a little concerning!

The problem is that both the CIA and the FBI have demonstrated both the desire and ability to interfere with United States elections… Congress has already proven they have motive…

IMO… If a shooter was on that water tower, they wouldn’t be wearing a black outfit on a white tower…

1 Like

It’s Biden’s fault. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

The GOP group behind Project 2025 floats conspiracy theory that Biden will use ‘force’ to keep power.

A conservative think tank that is planning for a complete overhaul of the federal government in the event of a Republican presidential win is suggesting that President Joe Biden might try to hold the White House “by force” if he loses the November election.

The Heritage Foundation’s warning — which goes against Biden’s own public statements — appeared in a report released Thursday that the group said resulted from a role-playing exercise gaming out potential scenarios before and after the 2024 election.

“The lawlessness of the Biden Administration — at the border, in staffing considerations, and in routine defiance of court rulings — makes clear that the current president and his administration not only possesses the means, but perhaps also the intent, to circumvent constitutional limits and disregard the will of the voters should they demand a new president,” the report reads.

The report, issued just ahead of the Republican National Convention and four months from the presidential election, shows how conservative groups supportive of former President Donald Trump are trying to turn the tables on the narrative of which candidate represents the greatest threat to the country’s democratic traditions. Biden has dedicated a handful of speeches to laying out the case against Trump, while Trump and his supporters have pointed to his four criminal cases to suggest that Democrats have weaponized the justice system against their chief political opponent.

The Heritage Foundation and other pro-Trump groups have continued to promote the same false claims of election fraud that fueled Trump’s attempts to stay in office despite his 2020 loss to Biden. Those efforts culminated in the violent Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, when rioters sought to stop the peaceful transfer of power.

The GOP group behind Project 2025 floats conspiracy theory that Biden will use 'force' to keep power

Donald Trump at Michigan rally: ‘I took a bullet for democracy’

@SmallPaul It appears you’re back to posting delusional unproven single lime brain farts followed by paragraph’s of cut paste Yahoo BS… Classy

" I don’t know what the hell it is this Project 25… He’s involved in Project 25… And then they read some of the things… And they are extreme… I mean they’re seriously extreme… But I don’t know anything about it… I don’t want to know anything about it…"

" But what they do is misinformation and disinformation and they keep saying he’s a threat to democracy I’m saying what the hell did I do for democracy last week… I took a bullet for democracy…"

Donald Trump… Michigan Rally

Trump also referred to the leadership chaos within the Democratic party, which has been consumed with a debate over whether Joe Biden should step down from his re-election bid amid concerns about his age and mental acuity…

“They have no idea who their candidate is, and neither do we,” Trump jibed. He called Biden a “feeble old guy”.

Trump, appearing jocular and in good spirits during a lengthy speech and stated he would rather be in than sitting “on some boring beach watching the waves coming in” - another dig at Biden, who is currently recovering from COVID at his Delaware beach home…

2 Likes

From the same guy who believes Trump was tortured in jail.

This guy lives in a delusional unproven theory mindset.

Talk to me when you stop dreaming.

Moving on from the circus clown.

Thomas Matthew Crooks, the gunman who tried to kill Donald Trump was able to fly a drone over the Butler Farm Show grounds shortly before former president Trump was set to speak there, according to a new report by The Wall Street Journal.

BREAKING: Trump gunman flew drone over rally site, per WSJ report

It’s the usual waffle from the threads resident Madman…

2 Likes