Political Opinion

There’s a lot of that and not just in the US - it’s always easy to bash, to break down - it takes a lot of character to do the opposite.

One thing that surprises me in this huge thread, especially from the US contributors, no mention ever of perhaps one of America’s best example of a humble Statesman - Mike Pence.

2 Likes

Hard for a humble man, like Pence, to get any spotlight when being second in power to Trump. You have to admire him for hanging in all 4 years. I can’t think of anyone else that has.

3 Likes

I posted on this thread back 4 years ago that there is ‘something special about this man’ - now these years later I’m even more convinced that it is so.

It’s not just his humility or his reliance on Faith, like I said back then to encounter a politician who speaks from his heart is more than refreshing - it’s unique.

I sincerely hope that Mike Pence will not leave politics and will return 4 years down the line.

2 Likes

Why do you suppose that?

Churchill was a leader, an orator, he caused people to come together when the chips were down.

It happened that the British electorate chose a different leader immediately after the war, that was their choice and I’m certainly not qualified to pass judgement.

I’m not going to teach about ww2, I’ve posted before the part that the US played - today i drove past portions of concrete that was used for the landing strips of returning USAF planes many of which were disfigured with Nazi bullet holes.

History as you know it’s much more than a subject to teach or learn, it’s what makes our being.

1 Like

Another great point because we have seen the left become the outraged generation. They are outraged and offended by everything.

My guess once Trump is not in the picture they will start attacking things like The Church, (The Christian Church and more to the the point the Catholic Church) and gun ownership.

But I also believe that they will try to pursue Trump on criminal charges pertaining to the failed impeachment charges.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

A good man and he would make a great president.

Cheers

Blackduck

2 Likes

i have no problem with what you say just don’t go crying when i fired back, :love_you_gesture: now back to politics

you watch, Let Pence run in 2024 and get the Republican nomination and that humble Statesman over night will be betrayed as the second coming of Adolph Hitler by the American media,

2 Likes

From an American perspective I never understood the change in leadership immediately following the end of the war. Churchill always seemed to me a far better leader than the Jew hating, lock Japanese Americans in interment camps leader we had in the US

1 Like

That is exactly right. Douglas Murray made a great point whan he said that the left will destroy anyone by any means if they do not adhere to their ideology.

How many good people have had their careers destroyed for daring to express an opinion contrary to the opinions of the left.

Douglas Murray also said he believes we are on the precipice and society has to make a stand. Do we want freedom of speech or do we want to be dictated to by those who think they know best.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

So where do you stand on the political spectrum?? And don’t worry I am not attacking you I am just curious.

Cheers

Blackduck

You are correct on all counts, that is why I compare what is happening here to the novel 1984,

Trump needs to pardon Snowden and Assange , and all the other whistle blowers in American prisons or in exile

4 Likes

oh Bless your heart

be careful my friend, you are standing on the Event Horizon of a massive Intellectual Black hole, dont let him pull you in :grinning:

Point taken. However I have aq background in prosecuting in the courts and I am more than capable of mounting a strong case. :joy:

Cheers

Michelle

1 Like

Its quite a mystery from our later perspective how Churchill managed to lose the 1945 General Election, considering his wartime leadership.

I remember asking my parents what happened - 1945 would have been their first chance to vote. All I could understand was that Churchill seemed to want everything after the war to go back to what it was like before the war. The people very much felt everything was going to be different.

Bear in mind that the people had felt badly let down after the end of the First World War by the economic hardships of the 20’s, then the Great Depression, and further economic hard times through the 30’s, culminating in a long spiral into a second war with an aggressively expansionist Germany.

I guess once bitten twice shy.

1 Like

And then they sign their national sovereignty away to the German lead EU, thank god you guys kept your own currency or Brexit would had been impossible, I don’t know how you see it but from over here getting out of the EU looks like the right move

3 Likes

the black hole that you keep whining about :open_mouth:, nah he’s good

Assassination in Iran Could Limit Biden’s Options. Was That the Goal?

@Dennis3450

Believe it or not we have actually got George Soros to thank for UK keeping it’s own currency.

Law of intended consequences I guess.

2 Likes