Political Opinion

2024 Republican debate in Milwaukee: Live updates and analysis

8 GOP candidates not named Donald Trump will take the stage hoping to gain ground on the former president and current frontrunner.

Head shots of Tim Scott, Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy, Chris Christie, Mike Pence, Doug Burgum and Asa Hutchinson.

It’s finally here. The first debate of the 2024 presidential cycle is taking place right now, as eight candidates vying for the Republican nomination take the stage in Milwaukee hoping to seize the spotlight from Donald Trump — at least for one night.

The former president and current frontrunner in the GOP primary announced he would be skipping the event as he prepares to surrender to authorities in Georgia, where he faces his fourth felony indictment in recent months.

Participating in tonight’s debate are Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, former Vice President Mike Pence, North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson.

The debate is airing on Fox News. We will be providing updates and key analysis in the live blog below.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2024-republican-debate-in-milwaukee-live-updates-and-analysis-230050936.html

He should be respected for not following that type of behavior

Chris Christie explains why he won’t commit to supporting Trump in 2024

On the subject of the Republican primary, 4 years ago we saw the media ( under the direction of Hillary and the democrats ) Prop up Trump so he would be the Republican nominee. This time around Democrats are doing everything in their power to prevent Trump from even running. If they succeed, who will the democrats pick as the Republican they most want to run against?

He who controls the media controls the US election process

1 Like

There seems to be some censorship going on at Fox News, who will they pick? Have they turned their backs on Trump supporters .

Donald Trump Jr. Seethes At Fox News, Says It Tried To ‘Censor’ Him After GOP Debate

Donald Trump Jr. lambasted Fox News on Wednesday, accusing the conservative network of trying to “censor and silence” his father’s supporters because it had barred him from entering a spin room after the GOP presidential primary debate.

Trump Jr. and several others, including Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), attended the Milwaukee event as surrogates for former President Donald Trump, who declined to participate.

Fox News, the host of the event, restricted access to the post-debate spin room to allow only representatives of candidates who took part, according to an internal memo circulated in the media earlier this week.

Exceptions were reportedly permitted for those who were invited in by a media organization.

However, Trump Jr. and Greene both accused the network of blocking their entry.

“Fox News is trying to censor and silence Trump supporters to protect their hand-picked establishment candidates,” he later posted on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. “That’s a big reason why their ratings are dying, while my father’s interview with Tucker Carlson is already at 93 million views!!!” he added, referring to a video released Wednesday by the former Fox News host.

Donald Trump Jr. Seethes At Fox News, Says It Tried To 'Censor' Him After GOP Debate

He chose not to be there. Fox News chose not to let his followers in? Seems pretty straight forward to me?

2 Likes

I agree, so why are they complaining? I’m curious who Fox will pick from their so-called handpicked establishment candidates

That’s what they do, complain and blame everyone else for their own bad behavior.

Chris Christie Says ‘There’s No Reason to Show Mercy’ and Pardon Trump Since He Won’t Admit Wrongdoing (Video)

Though some Republican presidential candidates have vowed to pardon Donald Trump if he’s convicted on any of his 91 criminal charges and they’re elected president, Chris Christie is not among them. On Thursday morning, the former New Jersey governor argued that really, “there’s no reason to show mercy” to Trump.

Christie was one of just two candidates who didn’t raise their hand during the Republican presidential debate on Wednesday night, when asked if they’d support Donald Trump as the nominee, even if he’s convicted. In fact, Christie was the most vocal against Trump during the debate, arguing that “someone’s got to stop normalizing this conduct.”

During an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” the next morning, Christie noted that he takes the ability to pardon someone very seriously, having wielded it before, and that Trump simply doesn’t deserve it.

“It should be used with mercy and reason. And there’s no reason to show mercy on Donald Trump, when he doesn’t even want to admit that anything he did was wrong,” he added.

Chris Christie Says ‘There’s No Reason to Show Mercy’ and Pardon Trump Since He Won’t Admit Wrongdoing (Video)

The R nominee…just like EVERY OTHER media outlet will pick Biden.

1 Like

lol, He is the sitting president, so of course they’ll pick him, But you’re right, Fox will pick the R nominee, so again what is Trump Jr. and Greene complaining about?

It’s their typical behavior when things don’t go their way.

Trump was the sitting president and they didn’t pick him?

1 Like

Who did they pick?

In most cases, left and right-leaning news outlets will likely choose one of their own.

Who? Everyone but Fox? They all picked Biden. You didn’t know that?

1 Like

That goes back to what I said.

Ok. We are going in circles, now…

1 Like

Yes we are, Enjoy the rest of your day

You do the same.

Could this be true , Dennis and SmallPaul voting for the same president

Hell really has frozen over

lmao :+1:

He has already been attacked by the left, calling him anti-Semitic, and his donations are not that great, but I hope he wins.

1 Like

Dennis, I finally found you, looking good my American brother

He’s Lived 50 Years Off the Grid in Appalachia

and that is with the democrat party controlling 70% of my country’s wealth. The sad truth is most democrat voting people would be perfectly happy living in a 1984 dystopian society

“You will own nothing and be happy”

Yes, that is my bug-out location,

2 Likes