Position sizes

Is there an amount that will make a ripple in the pip trends when you enter and exit?
i.e. will 1 million cause the value to go up a pip or down a pip? Would like to know so that when I go live, I can account for it on my entries and exits.
Thanks!

[QUOTE=“cyguy;675722”]Is there an amount that will make a ripple in the pip trends when you enter and exit? i.e. will 1 million cause the value to go up a pip or down a pip? Would like to know so that when I go live, I can account for it on my entries and exits. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It depends on what time of day you enter the trade and if your trade hits the interbank market or not. Most retail trades will be offset by other retail traders positions within your broker. And will not have the slightest impact on price.

A $100 million position can move the market if it’s executed during an illiquid time of day in the interbank market, a $1 million position will not.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a million to trade with. Hell I’ll be giving it to a firm n be off playing golf