Preventing Bad Behaviors

Funny thing, I used to box and have trained in various martial arts over the years. I trade at work, and have a 120lb heavy bag in the gym. I keep gloves in my work locker and do 10 to 15 minutes of bag work at lunch every day. More than a few of those lunch sessions have been spent “venting forex” lol.

In regards to everyone else, thanks for your responses. I’m now trying to trade dramatically less. After reading some of what was said, I found that I am definitely “pouncing” on trades when I am not exactly confident in them. I guess I need to spend more time refining my strategy.

I’ve been losing quite a bit lately, but instead of freaking over that (It’s just a demo account after all) I am focusing on trying to retrain myself to NOT be angry at the loss. I’m using these losses as opportunities to control my forex rage while I find my strategy.

Glad to hear others have found similar problems. Again, I appreciate the responses!

oh wow that would take all the creativity out of trading…the fact that you are aware of your bad behaviors is the first step…as tedious as this may sound start writing a trading journal that includes emotions before during and after each and every trade. This will not only help you to identify triggers for your emotions but it will help you to make less of the mistakes that causes the emotional trading…Good Luck!!!

You are advised to enter the market with a positive behavior and mindset. You require a good start at the beginning of your career for playing a long inning. You have to play on the Forex market with a defensive mindset in order to stay long. You must have a backup plan as well. A well prepared trader is always successful!