Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

Really good call, entered the trade on a demo. Im following other price action threads, and this one is added to the list. Seems like im gona learn good stuff here.

Been using your system for about a month or so nowā€¦ Very happy with the results. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Check out this setup on the USDJPY Daily chart today, pretty much a text book setup for me. A bearish rejection candle rejecting a spot on the chart where there is a swing point + the mean value. Just like that silver trade everything is tucked up nicely together to kick off a bearish move down. Entering on the break of the low can be extra confirmation that the setup is working in your favor because you are getting in with the bearish momentum.

I donā€™t dip down to the 4 hour chart much but there was a nice 4 hour signal as well. But most of the time the 4 hour signals manifest themselves onto the daily chart anyway.

Hi DnB thanks for making this thread, im a huge fan of PA and will be following you keenly.

What do you mean by swing point, daily swing point and mean value and how do you put them into use?

Also what is snatchpipz talking about with regards to your system lol?

Thanks!

I have purchased their trading system at dnbriceaction.com. Not only was the material top notch but they continue to email setups and answer questions in a very timely manner.

What do you mean by swing point, daily swing point and mean value and how do you put them into use?

Well I call price levels where old support turns new resistance, or old resistance turns new support a swing point. Some traders might have alternate definitions on what a swing point is but that is how I few them. When a swing point is tested and holds and you get a candlestick signal with it, these types of setups are high probability. I love taking signals off swing points.

Also what is snatchpipz talking about with regards to your system lol?

Me and a fellow trader started a price action blog, but we just got overwhelmed by questions it was turning into a full time job, so we spent weeks and put together a course that we donā€™t really charge much for, that has everything you could possibly want to know about this type of trading in it. But I am not here to advertise the external site we have going thatā€™s not why I started this thread, Baby Pips wonā€™t be too happy if I used their forums for advertising space. I just wanted to come on here and throw some charts around and get some stimulating conversation going!

Snatchpipz has let the cat out of the bag lol, thanks Snatch.

Wow, the NZDUSD is really going for it, making an attempt to breakout of this range, Ill be watching to see if the daily candle can close outside of the range, then Iā€™ll be looking for a short signal that forms if price retraces back up and tests the bottom of the range. A short signal there would be very nice.

thanks for starting this thread i will be following diligently. btw there is a typo on the home page of your site at the bottom right. in the link to learning more about the course in blue lettering the word course is spelled ā€˜couseā€™

Thanks Pips Ahoy

What do you reckon, should I fire the person that is meant to be checking over these things?

Are any of you guys in some good trades at the moment?

:33: Sales Pitch?

Sales Pitch?

No not even, sorry I didnā€™t know he was going to do that. Iā€™ll try make sure that doesnā€™t happen again!

My thoughts exactlyā€¦ this happens all the time, someone new on the block will come to a forum and start sharing titbits just to wet your appetite and then BAMā€¦ if you want to know more go to my websiteā€¦ LOL!!!

Well I will give you the benefit of the doubt DnB, lets hope you are a bit different here :wink:

Nah guys I had nothing to do with that,

they just thought they were helping out, but I really just come in here to share charts with other traders here and have some good conversation.

Good to here DnBā€¦ ok lets move on. Back to the USDJPY if we zoom out a little we can see we are coming from a uptrend and have retraced back to the 50% fib level and swing point as you call it. Todayā€™s daily bar will tell if this swing point holds for the short, could become an inside bar.

Still waiting for USD/JPY to trigger , retracing up the daily candle as we speak. If the highs get broken then I will take my order off as I would consider that setup null & void. Looking at the Aussie Yen cross though and the chart looks really weak. There is an inside bar there too, if the lows get taken out the bears could have themselves a nice party.

Todayā€™s daily bar will tell if this swing point holds for the short, could become an inside bar.

Trizone , I think we hit the post button at exactly the same time there. We will have a long way to go before that daily candle closes, a lot can happen in that time. But yeah like I said if price breaches the top of the rejection candle then the setup is a wipe. The BOJ is on holidays for the rest of the week now, so that may interfere with Yen trading.

But I prefer to see price moving in my favor when the London trading traffic is online. I am going in with bearish momentum if price breaks the lows.

Id also love to know what ā€˜mean valueā€™ means.

Thanks.

Id also love to know what ā€˜mean valueā€™ means.

Mean is just a fancy word for average. So the ā€˜averageā€™ value of price, thatā€™s why we use moving averages as a reference for the mean value of price.

Lol DnB, but I hear yeah with the yen pairs. Looking like a strong support area to break, maybe even a bounce back up from here on the AUDJPY, at least Iā€™m starting to notice the inside bars now. :wink:

Yes it is definitely strong support, so price isnā€™t going to cut straight through it that easy, there will be selling resistance from the people buying off that level. The chart has some serious bearish attitude to it and I think we will see a break lower. Iā€™ve got the one order set for UJ, no point in taking every single trade across all the yen pairs lol, they all look like they are going to drop.