Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

they all look like they are going to drop.

Will it help if I sell my 1000 lot on UJ… hehehe :smiley:

Maybe it will come tomorrow after the Non-Farm Employment Change news release.

Will it help if I sell my 1000 lot on UJ

Yeah sure, 100 Million USDs worth of Yen getting bought. That should push the price down a fair bit, you might make a few people mad at the Bank Of Japan though, after all their efforts with interventions and QE!

I just seen the EURO shot up, some good news must of come out.

Look at this nice 4 hour bullish rejection candle straight of a solid weekly support line. Looking at the Daily chart this market has been moving sideways for a while. I am going to wait to see how the daily candle closes, good 4 hour setups usually manifest themselves onto the daily chart anyway. But that is some aggressive rejection, I thought I would point it out for those traders interested in this sort of price action.

I would fire the creator of the site. Wander how that feels to fire yourself lol. I was in a good Aussie short yesterday but just got stopped this morning. Nice little gain. I have it posted on Nikita’s price action thread. Do like to stop into the other PA threads from time to time though. I might look to get back in later when I get off work. But with tomorrow being NFP I might just bank those profits and sit back and watxh the herd slaughter each other and themselves.

Hey bob

Nice one for catching the AUDUSD short, I am not interested in shorting that pair until it retraces first and drops a sell signal off some resistance, selling now would feel like I am selling the bottom of a move. But yeah NFP is exciting to watch, but makes you bite your nails if you have a trade on during the announcement. Yeah there seems to be a lot of price action threads going on at the moment, time to step up and make this thread stand out :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey DnB

Nice to see the ball rolling here. Im keeping an eye on you! :18:

Wow, this looks like a really awesome thread which I will follow as closely as I follow anime (some ppl do crosswords, I do forex and anime). I think I am pretty clueless when it comes to price action so I look really forward to learning from this thread. And not to advertise, but I noticed that you also have a great site up, with lots of freebies too like chart analysis. Thanks for giving back to the forex community. And I’m really hoping that the USD/JPY could just fall right now cuz I also entered short at the beginning of the day today but I guess I did so too soon.

Thanks DNB for fun then I will go ahead and post my trade setup on here even though I already have it posted

Not bad for a 9 pip stop loss. I trade pin bar setups like hammers and the likes Think I wound up getting 68 pips out of it before price tagged my stop.

Can I just ask which EMA’s you use ???

Thanks for starting this thread DnB, I’ve been studying PA for a while now and although I clearly see the benefits, there have still been areas of confusion to me.
Do you trade off the one daily pin (previous day s trading), or do you take into account the previous 2 or three days? If you look at the last few days, what are you looking to see in their patterns - are there any road signs that are clear signals to you?

What do we think about today’s candle? Seems like a good short entry. Trend is down, price forme an inside ccandle rejecting the 8 EMA. I’m using NY close for the candles. The orange zone is a possible TP.

Thanks for your opinions.

Nice…interested in seeing more!

Thanks DNB for fun then I will go ahead and post my trade setup on here even though I already have it posted

Hey bob, good stuff, but it is hard to see that area for the chart zoom it a bit for me lol, I think I can see what you have done, nice work. 9 pip stop loss jezz man cutting it fine lol.

Can I just ask which EMA’s you use ???

Sure, the EMAs are set to 10 & 20

Do you trade off the one daily pin (previous day s trading), or do you take into account the previous 2 or three days? If you look at the last few days, what are you looking to see in their patterns - are there any road signs that are clear signals to you?

I trade primarily off the daily chart, only looking at candles that have closed ( candles that are still open are not valid signals), yes I take into account everything, what the market as been doing, the location of the candle, is it reacting with support or resistance, is price close or too far away from the mean value etc etc. You could have a brilliant candlestick signal but if it forms in the middle of wild consolidation I wouldn’t trade it.

What do we think about today’s candle? Seems like a good short entry

Evermore, I like your trade, this looks like the EURJPY chart. Inside bar under the swing line you have marked our there, the inside bar itself has a long upper tail showing higher prices during that session were not favored, not only that, the candle before that was a bearish outside bar which is another candlestick formation I look at. A when price starts breaking the lows that would be my que to get short

This USDJPY chart has dropped an inside bar, not only that the inside bar has an upper tail. So this is 2 days were price has now rejected that swing point level. Still waiting for a break of these lows, but now given that it is NFP session things could get unstable, or NFP could work in our favor and really move the trade along… double edge sword really. If you look across all the YEN pairs you will see similar setups across the board.

Great thread DnB. Very interesting.

I’m just wondering how important is it that your daily closes are based on the NY close? My broker (GFT Aust) daily close is 0:00 GMT (and it can’t be changed I’m told). Obviously this is going to make my daily bars look very different to yours. Any advice about this?

Or have I got this all wrong?

Hey Daz,

Yeah most people use NY close candles now, especially if trading off the daily time frame. NY York close shows the data from Sydney open -> New York Close , which is one true Forex session right. So anything offset from that is messed up data to me. There is no reason why you can’t just start a demo with a NY close broker and just use it for charting, then use your main broker for placing orders, that will work just fine.

I had GFT here in the USA and I if I remember correctly you can change the daily close time on the dealbook 360 plattform. Might be different overthere especially if you are using there metatrader for charting.

I will zoom out next time but it dont make a difference my plattform always puts a orange triangle on my entries that I cant get rid of so it blocks out the candle anyway. 9 pips yeah thats small even for me. We trade close to the same as I look for entries on the daily but drop down to lower time frames to pin point exact entries with smaller stops. Live account so I try to have the lowest risk highest reward possible.

surely there would be something in the options of your charting platform that you can turn off, so it doesn’t display symbols on the chart.

9 pips wow lol, you won’t be pulling them stunts on the NFP release will you? :stuck_out_tongue:

There is no reason why you can’t just start a demo with a NY close broker and just use it for charting, then use your main broker for placing orders, that will work just fine.

That’s what I’m doing and it works a treat :slight_smile: