Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

Hi Evermore,

it’s BUllish Engulfing Bar.

Regards,
Toyogo

Thxs, Toyogo.

Several indecision and inside candles today on NZD/USD, USD/CHF, GBP/JPY, NZD/JPY and others as well, but nothing really tradeable IMHO. Plus the EUR/NZD got triggered which BTW is looking great.

Plus the EUR/NZD got triggered which BTW is looking great.

Yeah I am in EURNZD, that market is just trending nicely. First thing you have to do before taking a trade is look at the market conditions, sometimes traders try trades in bad conditions, no good.

I am actually long on crude oil at the moment…

here is my chart

This market is way over extended on the weekly chart and this consolidation breakout is is shooting right off a significant weekly area. However this is crude oil , one hard beast to tame so let’s see how this one plays out.

Regarding the EUR/NZD trade, you can see that is reaching historical lows, in the case price break this lows, do you have a way of targeting profits, since there is no SR levels?

If you want to hold it , just see how each daily candle closes, when it looks like it has found support kill it. Or just set a 1:6 target or something and ride it down.

The only setup I like on the charts today is the GBPJPY Inside Bar…

The EMAs are starting to diverge showing bullish pressure building, price is maintaining closes on the bullish side of the EMAs and respecting them as dynamic support. I think if we see the highs get broken there could be a breakout of the top of this range.

Usd/Jpy has been consolidating, with 3 consecutive inside bars on the daily. I’m waiting for an upside breakout to go long.

I like this setup, as well as the inside bar on USD/JPY that Alienonweed talked, but I won’t be taking any as I’m in a position at the moment.

Can’t see anything interesting on the markets today. Let’s see how it goes. Do you guys see anything?

Hey guys,

The GBPJPY Inside bar setup has busted under it’s lows, I am not really confident in shorting that market given the recent bullish strength so, I’ll have to wait for the next signal.

The USDJPY inside bars look tempting. I like to see cascading inside bars like that, it shows the market is compressing up ready for a nice breakout. Problem is, the signal was triggered way to early in the Asian session, it almost moved up straight away, so I am probably going to sit that one out too.

I am just looking at NZDUSD, check out the two indecision candles, zoom out a bit on the chart and look at the resistance they are sitting under. The lows are about to get broken, I can’t post a pic because I am not at my battle station. It will be interesting to see what happens here.

Why people do not like PA? Gonna start a thread about it. Maybe it is so simple it is unbelievable.

Who doesn’t like PA evermore?

See how the USDJPY breakout has caved in on itself, them early Asian breakouts are good for nothing, you could almost use it as a signal to trade the opposite way.

Who thinks NZDUSD is going to slide down out of these indecision candles at resistance?

aussi and kiwi …in good corrolation over past few days…
but who knows…

i still cant make a decision as to if bias has changed to bullish on both pairs…or if there has just been an extended retracement in the downtrend…
what with all the holidays and stuff…im really confused on these pairs until something juicy happens.

i think they are trending up …and there should be retracement off the resistance …which appears to be happening now.
but im going to watch for bigger signals …and im hoping today is a proper trading day…everybody had their turkey and shaking off hangovers…(standard day)
feel price could easily push through s/r and head for .8236 levels.
if the upward trend gets some momentum…so going to wait for price to pull back up to .8052 ish level and look at momentum and decide from there…
if it pulls back.
basically watching breaks of the range.

Who doesn’t like PA evermore?

See how the USDJPY breakout has caved in on itself, them early Asian breakouts are good for nothing, you could almost use it as a signal to trade the opposite way.

Who thinks NZDUSD is going to slide down out of these indecision candles at resistance?

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/44416-price-action-candlesticks-story-they-tell-62.html#ixzz1zjSJ0VFE

Hi! I think it will go down. :slight_smile: Check out that trendline.

nnice line…
but for me…dont put much weight on diagonal lines…far more interested in support and resistance horizontal lines.
for me 100 times more important. horizontal levels…than diagonal levels…
but nice line…nice colour.

See the 61.8% fibonacci level? Thats a S/R level as well,. :slight_smile:

Noooooooo, I’ve missed EURNZD
:17: … you didn’t talk about EUR/NZD on your blog… :17:
Anyway You are the MAN DnB
LOL

lucariga sorry man, I’ve been busy with another project it’s killing me lol

I thought I did put a post up about that, I am pretty sure I did one here anyway.

I’ll try be more informative :stuck_out_tongue: