Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

I say it because of the fewer posts of last days :(.

Seems like N/U will slide down. Regarding the U/J thing it would interesting to analyze the breakouts of an early asian session. BTW, are u still on that E/N trade? It’s falling like a rock!!!

nice colour??!! lol.

I know it’s not the same… but I posted a chart about E/N and DnB said it was ok to trade it.

P. D. lol!! :29:

He likes my chart, the line is purple, any problem with purple?! :'D

Evermore you are a great trader, anyway, when I have no time to read the forum, I just watch Dnb’s blog…
PA is the way to go;)

Thanks for your words. hug time!!!

P. D. shame on me. lol.

BTW, you guys know what’s really a shame? This!!!

A brief history of a emotionally stupid trade.

LOL! It’s actually hilarious how u served this situation, haha. :smiley:

Sorry to see that happen to you Evermore, remember when I said I don’t like to move stops, it’s for this exact reason. I just let the thing go, sometimes your profits will dip back into the negative on a retrace just learn to deal with it :stuck_out_tongue:

Learning to cope with this things is the hard part of trading.

Now that the EUR/NZD trade is well into profit I think is time to scan the charts to bring home the bacon. Any ideas?

The only interesting idea I found was this NZD/JPY price-squeezing pattern. The red horizontal line shows previous sresistance. I don’t have any bias either short or long. Anyway I won’t be trading this signal because I don’t see things very clear. I don’t want to go long because price is near a strong line of support but don’t want to go short because of the recent uptrend.

Comments welcome.

there is so much to go at tomorrow…i dont know how you choose your trades…
i like stuff that is ranging or trending…dont like stuff that could be changing trends and not quite got into a trend or a range and maybe retracement rather than trend.

but cable and fiber have half decent pin bars on the 4 hour charts. aud chf is trending up…proper probably lots of ops for entry and some pips…

eu/gbp eu aud. eu cad eu/jpy all seem to have trended downwards …making goood opportunities tomorrow depending on price action…
there is so much that i am spoilt for choice…and i hope i choose proper tomorrow …
but remember it is the non farm thingy and unemployment thingy usa tomorrow on forex factory calendar…red red red…
but if you see anything hot…just post it…
otherwise ill probably end up trading the ranges tomorrow …(there are lots of em) and maybe see if there is some pullback on the cable and fiber.

Im not sure if I follow here. First off, I use the concepts discussed in this thread and none of them involve trading off the 4H charts, so far I’m concerned. Also, I don’t care about fundamentals, because I see they are all compressed on the correspondent daily candle.

About the cable and fiber you mentioned, they seem to resume the previous down trend, certainly I’ll be looking for A+ PA signals to join it.

BTW, look at this ideas I came across after rescaning the charts. Comments welcome!

Thanks for your opinions.

GBP/JPY

I like today’s candle rejecting a previous high.

USD/JPY

Looks like price wants to explore higher grounds!!!

Let me know what you think.

Yeah me too sometimes i don’t even move stops at all the duration of a trade (but thats usually because i keep on forgetting lol) but i would normally only move my stop after the first retrace or after my 1st target is hit and thats only moving it to breakeven. Glad to know im not the only one who doesnt move stops.

Bullish rejection candle on USDJPY, I think that market is ready for an explosive move!

hi evermore…
gbp/jpy
that is a double top in my eyes…i can see why you like its potential…as double top is good signal.
the level is significant…around the 125.60…that price has bounced off.

downside is …support and resistance is not an exact science…and can change continuously.
but i feel that the price is now sitting right on top of support…
and from here personally i would expect the price to most probably rise.
if it were to fall further…then that would become obvious from the PA around the current level
i look at several timeframes…on gbp jpy

regarding usd /jpy
today market only moved about 70 pips.
normally moves maybe 100 170 pips…
the way i interpret this…is that the market is coiled…like dnb said…ready to spring.
key is to get on the right side of spring…

as the market tried to break higher …as can be seen on your graph…and plus the bias is currently trending upwards…
the spring will most likely be bullish. plus the fact that the 6th bar in from the right on your graph is a (bueb) a bullish engulfing bar…and these are traded once price breaks above the top of the candle…
this happened yesterday with the indecision bar…but prices failed to rally…but there is still time .bueb is still valid until price breaks through the bottom level of the bar.

but this pair quite frequently gets carried one way at the first part of the day…and then whips back quickly the next …so the spring may be to rise a little and then drop a lot…
youll have to be on your toes for this one.

What you guys think about AUDCHF

What you guys think about AUDCHF

I think what comes up must come down, it does look very top heavy, unfortunately there is no signal to back a trade there for me.

Evermore, in regards to the double top;

I don’t “trade” double tops but I do take note of them. But however I do like to see the whole double top pattern form at extremes. Like when price really fires off then forms a double top at extreme price values if that makes sense. That double top doesn’t have that extreme look and feel to it for me, I just see price f’ing around in a range there.

You often see double top patterns at the trend tops or bottoms (durr) but just before the double top you will see price has exploded either up or down, almost like the trend has fired off everything it has left in it to give before trend exhaustion. To visually represent what I mean, take a look at the EURAUD, after that explosive move if a double bottom formed then it would get my attention.

Does that make sense to you guys?

I cancelled my USD/JPY order. I didn’t like the gap. What do you guys think?