Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

that is looking like a good trade …(if you got in early enough)…
what gap are you speaking of…on what timeframe.

i dont know much about gaps apart from sometimes over the weekend price gaps and sometimes the gap closes and othertimes it doesnt…id like to see the gap your talking about.

you work off the daily time frame i think…cant see gap there.

Thanks for your explanation. Reaaaally helpful. I think a recent example could be seen on NZD/USD, am I right??

@DnB,

Can you enlight brinkfx and me about gaps? :slight_smile:

This is the gap I see on EUR/USD, also on GBP/JPY, USD/JPY… do you guys have it?

NFP screwed me on USDJPY :confused: aww well I’ll catch something good next week, USDJPY was really still a sideways market anyway that will teach me for trying to trade rough conditions.

Can you enlight brinkfx and me about gaps?

I am with brinkfx, when I talk about gaps I am talking about the ones created over the weekend. The market close -> market open gap. I am not sure what gap you’re referring to ?

I hope you guys didn’t get screwed by NFP too :stuck_out_tongue:

No, not sure what’s going on there Evermore. Who is your broker?

right i see what you mean…i have seen that before…and my teacher said…when you see a gap it is like the price has seen a ghost and it runs away…those were his words on that type of price jump…and then he went on to say easy money…

those types of gap i think are based on liquidity being good…and volume to buy or sell being spectacular at that moment in time.
so good that in the nano second the computer takes to change candles…it forms a gap…
if what i am saying is right…then after such a gap…you can just jump on the band wagon and get your cash.
but it will probably be moving so fast that you get requote …until the meat has gone out of the deal.

then he went on and pointed out time window…in fact i will show you his handy work on my chart…see below
maybe you can make sense of it.

but i will ask him for more detail.

i had decent trading day today…
i rode the uncertainty…and was quite nervous at some stages…especially when market was up and down…
just stuck with one pair today the fiber…and all went fine…apart from some nervous moments due to NFP.

still got a small position running over weekend that fiber will bounce…
but if it doesnt…i will salvage situation on monday.

anyway …the trade usdjpy was looking real nice…pity nfp caught you out.

i dont like the japanese pairs …i know they can be lucrative…but i feel japanese are real sharp on their economy and central bank will intervene to hold prices exactly where they want them…at whatever cost…so i like to avoid …
today for example cable…down…fiber down…japanese yen…also down…
there must be some manipulation there…maybe there isnt …i just dont trust them…they are too clued up on the economy…and interfere to make it the way they want it…

they have had bad times…and have learnt their trade too good…
plus very thoughtful race long term thinking nation.

I use FXCM Trading Station II. BTW, do you see a potential sell on G/J?

Enough trading for the week. I solemnly promise not to see a chart 'til sunday night. I feel proud of myself as I only executed ONE trade this week.

Thanks brinkfx for your comments and help, and thanks NFP for teaching me not to trade choppy markets like U/J.

thanks for your discussions and ideas dnb and evermore…it all ads to the knowledge on trading .

I didn’t expect to say it again this soon, but…

HUG TIME!!!

P. D. Shame on me. Again.

Can you guys please post a daily chart of GBP/JPY with NY close? I need it to compare against my chart.

Thanks.

i thought you meant not to be looking at chart …till sunday…
here is your chart…your not allowed to look at it until sunday

AUDCHF broke through Res, Target on sight, we’ll see if this one play out nicely

In regards to AUDCHF,

Here is a trade idea, using the principle of price being extended from the mean value signaling a high chance for a fall/correctional move back to the EMAs.

Anyone taking the hammer long at support on Aud/Usd?

I don’t like this setup. Price is near support-turned-resistance. IMO. But, hey! We are not here to predict the future…

l tend to agree with Evermore.Its small compared to the candles around it thus not showing too much rejection of lower prices and it has Resistance just above it. That said,it is at the 10ema and could work out but not an A+ trade by any means and so not for me!

I don’t love the AUD/USD long trade but I do like the risk v reward enough to take a swing at it.

I’ve placed a pending buy order at 1.0180, SL at 1.0145 and TP at 1.0285 giving the trade a potential 1:3 risk v reward. :51: