Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

I don’t understand.

oops …so you went short …on the nzd usd trade…

cool…i pray it works out .
im praying right now…

i really hope it goes down …so good luck with it…
when you said you took the trade …i thought it was triggered in the long direction.
my mistake.
anyway good luck.

Good luck Evermore,

I personally wouldn’t short that one, because right on the 20 EMA (strong dynamic support) and sitting on a static support line . Because the market is in a bullish trend I find that one to be a bit risky, however if price does break through there there could be a nasty sell off and you’ll be down at the Lamborghini dealer the next day :smiley:

Not really sure what the market wants to do, it’s just grinding around getting no where, but for me I am going to stick with the dominant trend.

Hi Evermore,

I cannot see the same pin bar you get. Here is the link for various data sources but none of them has the chart you presented. What data source are you using?

Foreign Exchange Live Charts

Regards,
Toyogo

Hi all,

I have summarized the candlestick patterns from babypips school for your quick reference in word and image. Hope it help!

Regards,
Toyogo

CandleStickPatterns.zip (188 KB)

Great and interesting post. Thanks.

Gracias Toyogo…useful little cheat sheet! It would be interesting to know how many traders use three bar patterns in FX though, most folks l know use 1 and 2 bar patterns and only at key levels.

That was fast! Got stopped out -40 pips. :frowning: Gonna have to delay my visit to Lambo dealer. Hey guys can you please post a daily chart of NZD / USD?

Thanks.

There you go!

thank you so much, now i have a cheat sheet in front of me while i trade.

Hey guys, what do you think about this?

Hi Evermore,
GBPUSD - its in a downtrend but seems to have been going sideways for the last month or so plus you are trading into a massive big round number 1.55 which is strong psychological resistance…so l am very wary and its not for me.
The EURUSD and USDCHF do look interesting to me as they are both hesitating after breaking significant lows however they are both basically the same trade as they strongly negatively correlated so l would chose one if you intend to trade them. l won’t as l am already in the EURGBP and l don’t want more EUR exposure just now.
l’m monitoring the AUDCHF but there is big AUD news tonight.
Best of luck.

I don’t like that EURUSD signal, it’s too far away from the mean to be shorting.

The GBPUSD is very interesting, as already mentioned the market is sideways and is resting on solid support, which is actually the bottom of the range at the moment. The EMAs are pointing down and price is respecting them.

It’s another one of them situations where price is trapped between a static level and the EMAs, a breakout in one direction is imminent. I don’t think I ll be trading that one, I am Long on AU and Ill just leave it at that for now.

Hi DnB,

GBPCAD has BEEB at support turned resistance @1.5850 for shorting to the next major support @1.5720. Pls comment!

Regards,
Toyogo

You might want to revisit the BEEB definition there Toyogo. I don’t see it engulfing the previous candle.

Russ

Hi Russ,

I’m referring to the bearish engulfing bar not outside bar, here is the link from babypips school:
Double Trouble - Dual Candlestick Patterns | Japanese Candlesticks | Learn Forex Trading

Regards,
Toyogo

Yeah it didn’t take out the lows there, a lot engulfing bars ( or outside bars ) can be a pain to trade because they sometimes need a very wide stop.

Well, I just did a quick search and it seems there are some definitions that say the wicks must be engulfed and some say they don’t. I think I’m going to stay in the fully engulfed camp. Good luck on the trade if you decide to go with it.

Russ

G/U trade activated!

[QUOTE=Evermore F;371763]Hey guys, what do you think about this?

Hi evermore…this trade…i have just looked and its well in the money.
on your picture you say false break.
do you mean the pin bar that tried to break through the ema.

i need to understand your thought behind this trade…as when i looked at it…it just looked like sitting on support with no real indication that it would drop.
what was your main signal that it would drop…is it the pin bar
or is it that the pin bar crossed the ema.
or is it something else…
thanks.