Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

No I talked to the broker. They were not sure why there is not a feature to do so and noted the request but nothing ever came of it.

I dont trade any Friday let alone NFP. I would not trade NFP but I work so by the time I get home there is only an hour left till NY close so no point to trade fridays. I did just open a short on the AU but dont expect much. If it is still open in the morning when I go to work. I will tighten op my stop in case NFP dont go my way. However I will not post this entry due to the face the reason I entered was I was looking at the wrong dang chart. I always trade the Aussie so it is always up. I forget the fact I have a three year old that like to play on daddys computer. Although he has a better win ratio than me still he can throw a curve ball at me when I am not paying attention. Trade is open now and not the worst entry I have seen so I will run with. There was a pin bar on the 15 min and the 50% retrace of the candles wick. Thats were I like to enter but I dont like to enter off the 15 minute alone. About the same a 10 pip Stop so we will see.

Hey bob,

Wouldnā€™t you love your kid to mash the keyboard while you werenā€™t watching and open a bunch of trades, come back and see that your account is up 100k.

I look a look at the AUDUSD, it is resting on solid support at the moment, if it breaks s**t could get real. I think we will see a retracement before AUD or NZD move down any lower, thatā€™s what I am waiting for.

Check out the NZDUSD chart

A signal off the bottom of the range would be awesome

goodluck~!

that would be nice he has opened trades and all have won so. But this time I opened the trade. Yeah the daily is on support so it could sting but the 15 Minute is on resistance and showing signs of a bounce. I think the daily holds more pull but keep expectations low tight stop, and hope for the best. If I lose 10 pips trust me I can survive. Risk is very low. Sad part is this is not the first time and I still have not learned. Support nearly at a figure on the daily not a ideal trade here but get out alive and all is good. If I get stopped I still end the week ahead of where I started.

Hey DnB,

Iā€™ve got my orders ready for this one, looks like something big is brewing for most of the YEN pairs. Btw, thread is coming along nice now :35:

Good luck!

Alright trizone,

Thatā€™s cool man, just remember I am not giving out direct signals here, just sharing my views on the charts :smiley:

Trizone , beware of the NFP !

Yeah the thread is pumping now. Its awesome when everyone is sharing charts and in stimulating discussion about the market!

You giving outs direct signalsā€¦ ney that would be damn right illegal :27: ā€¦ hehehe. No but seriously, I know the score and all this is for educational purposes. Iā€™m doing this on demo so not too concerned with the news but thanks for pointing it out. To be honest I do not get too concerned about news on the daily charts, I use ADR to see how much a pair moves and put my stops accordingly and never risk more then 2% on any trade.

BTW, when price is far away from your ema you would pass on a trade even if you got a strong pa at a swing point?

BTW, when price is far away from your ema you would pass on a trade even if you got a strong pa at a swing point?

When I am trading in the direction of the trend, which is 90% of the time. I like price to be close to the mean value, the mean value is like a magnet which price is attracted to, when price gets too far away, the magnetic force draws price back in. Thatā€™s why in trending markets I prefer to take my trades close to the EMAs

gotchaā€¦ thanks :57:

I hope you keep posting more valuable lessons and maybe go in more detail on how you approach your trades from start to finish, I for one am eager to learn as much as I can from all of you. :51:

Btw, good call on the Silver trade, have not forgotten about that one, you must have made some good pips. :53:

Anyway, Iā€™m off nowā€¦ good luck everyone who are in a trade today and have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

EURCAD, bullish rejection off weekly support, this could lead to a nice move higher hereā€¦

I think I mentioned a 4 hour setup here earlier, well there was a very convincing 4hour bullish rejection candle on the 4 hour chart as well. But I usually like to wait for it to grow into a daily signal.

Well not bad trade I took last night survived stop just past BE. Lets see what happens. Glad to see a free trade just before NFP. Takes a load off my mind.

All is calm before the NFP storm

So true but looks like my trade wound up to be a winner. Target was the 1.02 figure. Just checked price and looks like we are just getting close if only i was home to trade lol.

Looks like I will have to buy the little guy some ice cream. We have broken the support on the daily and took out the 1.02 figure. If she can close below these levels this might turn into something big. I dont hold over the weekend but then again I dont trade fridays either. Guess some rules are made to be broken from time to time lol

Bobā€™s face when the NFP results are in his favor, gets home and checks his AUDUSD tradeā€¦

USDJPY triggered to the short side, time to sit back and ride this trend. I love bear markets, they move so much faster :smiley:

EUR/JPY short entry triggered.

My GBPAUD trade hit target after NFP. I know GBPAUD sounds like and exotic pair, but it has been trending so nicely, I canā€™t ignore it!

My god that is the most perfect use of that face Iā€™ve ever seen. Well done sir, well done.

and yet when I got home it was so accurate lol. My son enjoyed his ice cream. Best mistake I ever made lol. Trade still open up 91 pips as of market close. Not bad 1% risk on 10 pip Stoploss. Thats pushing a 10% increase on that one trade alone. Was a great week for me