Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

This is another potential for breakout GN 1D, my guess is by today we’ll see the price breaking lower

anyone took trade in oil,a outside bar for a short trade

That’s a nice trade trade vasude, did you take that.

Look at this beauty that has formed on the EURCAD market…

Hi DnB

There is a nice 2BR reversals in AUD/USD and GBP/USD. Which u prefer most ?

Which do I prefer, the EURCAD signal lol

I think AUDUSD is too choppy at the moment and is moving sideways when you look at the bigger picture, GBPUSD the signal is against the recent daily momentum, EMAs are pointing down and price is closing consistently on the bearish side of the 20EMA.

EURCAD is clearly trending upwards, and the signal formed in the direction of the trend so that’s why I favor it.

Hello DnB, If i may ask why din’t you give much weight to the GBPUSD indecisive bar ? EMA’s were shifting down and also momentum being bearish.

Thanx for your nice explanation !!

Hello DnB, If i may ask why din’t you give much weight to the GBPUSD indecisive bar ? EMA’s were shifting down and also momentum being bearish.

I am not sure what indecision bar you’re referring to, Jui25 was talking about a bullish 2bar reversal, so as you said bearish momentum the signal is against the trend.

I was talking about the candle which formed on 22nd of this month. It was like a retest of the MA’s.

Oh ok, yes I seen a few of you guys mentioned that you shorted GBPUSD.

The only negative thing I have to say about the trade is the market conditions, you say price re-tested the EMAs, but notice how price was not respecting them to start with. The market has been cutting through the EMAs as if they aren’t there, this is not trend stability. Look to the left when the market was trending upwards, look how price respected the EMAs there and look what price is doing now.

The same with AU, price just cutting through them EMAs, that just signifies an unstable choppy market.

Your above pair down now. Any reason for that Mr DnB?

My both bullish 2BR pair is in positive form now. My selection (E/C) is totally wrong.

As far as i know until the low of the rejection candle is taken out, the signal is valid.
And not everyone is 100% right all the time…there may be losses…

It sounds like you’re freaking out there jui25,

I am not telling anyone what to do with their trading just giving my opinion. The gbpusd was against daily momentum it’s generally not wise to trade against that. GBPUSD price was closing the bearish side of the EMAs and the EMAs were pointing downward, plus the market looks very choppy at the moment. For those reasons I didn’t like the trade and you the candle has not closed yet a lot can happen from now - new york close.

Sorry Mr DnB

I didnt blame u. I said just my thought. I know quite well anything can happen in forex market.

In that pair I think rejection candle is far from 20 EMA. Thats why market down now (my thought).

Just found this interesting setup to follow - XPD/USD.

Inside bar forming after indecision and possible bullish reversal.

Hey Guys,

How was everyone’s weekend?

What trades are you guys in?,

I am still long the the EURCAD Bullish Rejection candle, seems like it’s building up the steam to move up. Mean value is still holding strong as dynamic support.

Not so great with the storm coming in… :wink:
I’m paying close attention to EURJPY, NZDJPY, AUDJPY, USDJPY, basically JPY pairs.
If i have to choose one from all the JPY pairs, i choose EurJpy, because the R:R is more great compare to USDJPY.
What you guys think?

I think that very large bearish outside bar on USDJPY is something you can’t look past. The outside bar is coming of a strong weekly level. I am not going to trade it, because it’s needs too large of a stop loss and the daily market is pretty much unstable - sideways crap lol

gpb/jpy looks interesting, hard to make a call on but that large 2 bar reversal makes the pair look very top heavy. But the EMAs are pointing up and price is still closing on the bullish side of the emas. I am going to sit this one out of the moment, I don’t really want to sell into the mean value during an uptrend, plus the volatile movement puts me off. Just not enough things lining up in harmony to warrant a position.

Are you looking to short or long E/J, and why?

Hey there DnB. What do you mean when you say it needs too large a stop loss? Why not alter your lot size instead of letting a set up you consider valid go to waste?

Alright yes you can alter the stop loss, but in saying that you need the market to move much further to achieve your risk/return target of at least 2. Because this market is unstable at the moment and in longer term consolidation I will pass on it.

Yeah i’m in short on EJ.
Because first there’s a PB on weekly charts, second there’s BEEB on friday, so i think there’s no more buyers. Right now it play out nicely, it’s in the green.