Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

I propose the name Lamborghini Diablo to refer to this candle formation.

LOL Evermoreā€¦ why stop at Diablo, go for the ultimateā€¦ Lamborghini Aventador J :slight_smile:

What you mean by ā€œmean valueā€?

BTW, thanks for the great thread.

LOLā€¦ another name for this candle formation could be Megan Fox.

Pips Ahoy,

You should also try the other other other PA threads, lol

Your brain is going to fry!

Hi, DnB

Remember that trade we talked about on EUR/JPY? Well trade is looking good so far. Question is: Do you itā€™s too early to take profit or is this just the first retracement? How would you manage this trade?

Remember that trade we talked about on EUR/JPY? Well trade is looking good so far. Question is: Do you itā€™s too early to take profit or is this just the first retracement? How would you manage this trade?

That depends on what your strategy is, are you positioning yourself in for a longer term move, or do you just want to get out when your trade hits a set risk/reward?

Nice thread here. Iā€™m looking too add a daily strategy to my trading and this looks like it may be a good fit. Iā€™ve never traded the daily chart before but would definitely like to learn how to and it seems price action is the way to go especially on those larger timeframes. Iā€™ll be following and maybe post some setups if I see any.

Just flicked through the charts, nothing really going on at the moment. No trade opportunities for me until there is some sort of correction back the the mean value. For that person that asked the mean value is the ā€˜average valueā€™ of price and I use the EMAs to plot this for me on the charts.

Waiting for gold to retrace to that swing point, there Iā€™ll be watching and waiting for a sell signal. There is an inside bar on the chart today, we could see a breakout of itā€™s highs. That inside bar isnā€™t really a good trade signal I am just pointing it out to people can see how this stuff really works. Since price is so over extended away from the EMAs the daring trader could try go long on the break of the inside bar to catch the correctional move back to the mean value, but I am not going to touch it personally.

Hi DnB

About that new pattern of yoursā€¦I may have found a case study for us. If you look at yesterdayā€™s USD/JPY position, we have a bullish looking candle with a small wick at the top. It also looks as though there has been some retracement in the asian session. So I guess weā€™ll have to wait and see how it pans out. Do you think that it is a valid set-up?

by the way, I also wanted to ask, do you think Heiken Ashi candles can help in analysing price action? or can be used as stand-alone indicators as such?

About that new pattern of yoursā€¦I may have found a case study for us. If you look at yesterdayā€™s USD/JPY position, we have a bullish looking candle with a small wick at the top. It also looks as though there has been some retracement in the asian session. So I guess weā€™ll have to wait and see how it pans out. Do you think that it is a valid set-up?

Hmm yeah that is the type of candle I am looking for, I wouldnā€™t touch it though, primarily due to the face we are in a solid downtrend. But hey demo it see how it pans out. But youā€™re on the right track there.

by the way, I also wanted to ask, do you think Heiken Ashi candles can help in analysing price action? or can be used as stand-alone indicators as such?

Iā€™ve been there with Heiken Ashi candles during my years of trading, even tried writing EAā€™s based on them. All I have to show for it is nothing lol, couldnā€™t make them work. I did like the idea of them at first though. I wrote an EA to trade Heiken Ashi doji candles, didnā€™t work. Sometimes trading them manually did but I ended up finding more success with sticking to the raw price feed

ah, thanks for the info. Well I hadnā€™t actually entered the USD/JPY trade, instead I had placed a buy order a few pips above the yesterdays high, so that if I did enter I would enter withā€¦wait for itā€¦momentum. learning from the best as you can see :slight_smile:

Hey guys, hows the weekend going?

Shame the GBPUSD trade turned around, too much bad news floating around about Greece defaulting pushing the markets into risk aversionā€¦

However I am not stopped out yet, I placed my stop under the support line, but given the bad situation in Europe I am sure it is going to gap down on me :confused: Well Iā€™ve learned to accept losses here n there, a must for trading.

However some better news, the EURGBP trade hit 1:3 , not sure if I talked about that in this thread, well here it is anyway

See my blog post here

Good afternoon

I also got into this trade, which looked pretty good last week.

Iā€™m more than a hour to search for new setup but I do not see anything special in daily and weekly chart!

Well, I found a setup more or less ā€¦ GBPCAD Daily

Note: notice the long shadow on the weekly chart

Regards

Hey DnB what bout the INSIDES on

AUD/JPY
EUR/JPY
GBP/JPY
USD/JPY

Are they good signals? They are all in a very trending market. I donā€™t know if someone is too far from the main pricesā€¦

Nice tread. I love price action
Sorry for my bad english

AUD/JPY
EUR/JPY
GBP/JPY
USD/JPY

Are they good signals? They are all in a very trending market. I donā€™t know if someone is too far from the main pricesā€¦

The inside bar setups on the Yen pairs donā€™t interest me too much, USD/JPY looks like it wants to pop out of the top. I donā€™t want to go long in such a bearish environment, I also donā€™t want to short the breaks of the lows either because price would be too far extended away from the mean value. EURJPY is sitting on a strong support level and has been dropping Inside Bars, I can easily see a bullish breakout of the top happen but it will most likely be short lived, the adventurous trader could take a long and see how far it takes them, but I am not going to risk it , itā€™s not a high probability setup :stuck_out_tongue:

Good afternoon

I also got into this trade, which looked pretty good last week.

Iā€™m more than a hour to search for new setup but I do not see anything special in daily and weekly chart!

Well, I found a setup more or less ā€¦ GBPCAD Daily

Note: notice the long shadow on the weekly chart

Yes, Iā€™m watching this one too.

I had to load up the GBPCAD chart because I donā€™t normally watch this pairā€¦

This looks like a nice spot on the chart for longs, but I would wait for a signal to appear first, given last sessions aggressive sell off. However it did find support at the daily swing point and 20 EMA and left a bit of a tail. Yes definitely one to watch.

I didnt want to go long too because of the obvious bearish trend in all of the yen pairs.
You sead that some pairs could pop up longā€¦ Why do u think so? The inside bars are all bearish in color and in a clear downtrendā€¦
Many thanks

Off topic: your course is a very good stuff.