Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

Is anyone watching this pair ?
EURAUD D TF

Planning to go long on when price breaks the Blue resistance level and retraces back to the resistance turned support.

You sead that some pairs could pop up longā€¦ Why do u think so?

I was looking at USDJPY and EURJPY,

EJ has some inside bars resting on solid support, suggesting price is churning away there as money exchanged hands. Youā€™re right, even if it did break up above the highs I wouldnā€™t press the buy button because of the obvious bear controlled market but I am also not confident on selling breaks of the lows either because of the gap between mean value and priceā€¦

I am just sitting on the fence at the moment waiting for a correction back to the 20 EMA and then a sell signal to drop.

Donā€™t get me wrong though, if the news coming out of Europe is so severe we could see a big slide downward, but I donā€™t trade like that, hoping that there is going to be some breaking bad news around the corner.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on news related at the moment, I try to isolate myself from the news and just trade with pure price action. I find if I get too far involved with news then I start to do stupid things with my trading, because the news I know in the back of my head tells me to do something different than what I am seeing on the charts.

So at the moment no solid opportunities at the moment. Sometimes the best position is no position :smiley:

Planning to go long on when price breaks the Blue resistance level and retraces back to the resistance turned support.

Yeah I seen this chart today, watching to see what is happens around this level, looks fairly bullish. But yes, if there was a breakout and this area was tested as support and dropped a signal I would be all over it. Even a strong signal on the 4 hour would grab my attention :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey DnB,

Hope all is wellā€¦ been looking at the GBPJYP daily, we have an inside bar and looking bearish.

What do you think?

Not bad at all, I was looking at this one myself 10 mins ago, all the boxes are ticked for me, trading with the trend, close to mean, nice bearish tone on that Inside bar. I definitely overlooked this one, well spotted!

Iā€™ve already spotted this one. But dinā€™t trigger the trade as it seems to be not an ideal R:R, as the price is reaching the support level 127.00ā€¦

DnB, Should we wait for the Support to be turned as resistance for the sell signal ?\

DnB, Should we wait for the Support to be turned as resistance for the sell signal ?

I am not going to tell you guys what to do with your trades directly just give adviceā€¦

I do like this setup, the whole idea is to trade breakouts with inside bars and this one has a lot of positive points. With regards to the support underneath, well I would just let the trade go if it was me and see if it breaks. The chances are it will, remember youā€™re entering in with bearish momentum inside a larger bearish trend, so levels are going to be continuously broken. If you get a strong bullish signal off that level then sure, that might warrant exiting the trade, but I like to give the trade the chance to hit a good 1:3-1:5 target. Ride these trends, thatā€™s where the big rewards are at.

Thanksā€¦ at least I know we are on the same page :wink:

Hey gs8888, yes I did notice that but I figure I can get at least 1:1, so if I go with 2 lots I can use MM to trade it. Entering a trade is the easy part, managing the trade is what makes or breaks a trader.

Iā€™m in guysā€¦ 1 pip below the low of IB and SL 1 pip + spread above the high

I missed this one on the 4 hour chart which is looking good so far :frowning:

Iā€™m in too :wink:

Iā€™m in guysā€¦ 1 pip below the low of IB and SL 1 pip + spread above the high

Good luck man :D, hope you hit a 1:6 target.

I missed this one on the 4 hour chart which is looking good so far

Hey trizone, I personally donā€™t trade inside bars off the 4 hour, I donā€™t find them reliable enough. If you can get them to work for you though, thatā€™s excellent!

Hey trizone, I personally donā€™t trade inside bars off the 4 hour, I donā€™t find them reliable enough. If you can get them to work for you though, thatā€™s excellent!

Hey DnB, I donā€™t normally trade inside bars on lower time frames, but keeping an eye on this one which could turn into an inside daily bar. :slight_smile:

I never place so tight Take Profits :wink:

Hey DnB, what you think about this rejection bar after an indecision bar on USD/CAD daily? I think the market is ranging and the pin is forming on a resistance, isnt it? We will see how the candle closes

EDIT: The candle closed as an inside bar

And this indecision bar with false breakout after an inside bar on USD/JPY daily?

This is too close to the support and we donā€™t have a good RR i thinkā€¦ Am i right? Just to know if Iā€™m starting to learn something

This setup ticks all the boxes for me. Iā€™ll wait for the break of the low to enter.

And this indecision bar with false breakout after an inside bar on USD/JPY daily?

Hey guys, I just finished a couple of blog posts Iā€™ll link them here for youā€¦

EURUSD Very Over Extended
USDJPY Indecision Candle
EURAUD Indecision Candle

The only issue I have with USDJPY is that the downward moment has died off , you can see how price is just sideways at the moment if you just isolate the last 10 candles, the only thing going for it is the overall dominant Daily downward trend. I think I will sit this one out.

This setup on USD/JPY daily, even if was good and in agreement with all the rules, would be a lossā€¦
Hey DnB, is there any reason not to take setup like this? You didnā€™t trade this one and you were right, but the question is why?

This setup on USD/JPY daily, even if was good and in agreement with all the rules, would be a lossā€¦
Hey DnB, is there any reason not to take setup like this? You didnā€™t trade this one and you were right, but the question is why?

If youā€™re talking about that indecision candle, firstly there is no reason to go long, the overall trend is down with resistance + EMA overhead. Shorting it really isnā€™t desirable either because even though the overall trend is down, the current market is sideways, see how in the last 10 days or so price has just hovered above support. Not to mention the support level underneith, do not want to short into support in a sideways markets.

Thatā€™s how I view this chart at the moment.