Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

Hi guys,

I got an a setup on the AUD/CAD pair as there is a bulish rejection candle of a dynamic and static support area, I would like to have your opinions.
Thanks

Hi benadil,

Regarding this set-up: my reservation is that its just above a strong bullish trendline that has held since August 2012, however it is testing it for the second time in a few days so it may break…but not an high probability trade in my book.
Hope it goes for you though!

looks like this one is going for you benadil…you have some nice profit on it…there is strong weekly resistance quite close above you so l would monitor PA closely now though.
Nice one!

ps a lot of us are now in Dnb’s War Room forum so you may not catch us so much here going forward.

Hey folks, been watching the thread for some time now and figured I should join in. Fairly new to Forex, been trading for about 4-5 months on a demo acct. I am guilty of using some other indicators to get in on the beginning of new trends but price action is clearly the most valuable “indicator” there is and I’m eager to learn as much as I can. At any rate, I’ve attached a long trade I took of the AUD/USD earlier today. Lemme know what you think.

I’ve got a huge pinbar at an area of confluence followed by an equally huge bullish engulfing as confirmation. I like the looks of it. Fingers crossed…

Hi Bushcraft,

Nice to see you on the forum!

Just a word of caution; sure its a great Pin Bar BUT it is a Counter Trend Trade! The probabilities always favour the trend until price shows acceptance beyond the previous trend swing high, which is at approx 1.0360, so manage the trade carefully if you have taken it and be very cautious. Trading with the trend is always the safer bet especially if you are just starting out.

Best of luck with your trade!

gbp/chf short opp ! last session outside bar is formed.

p.s., here we member discussed lot more setups ,dnb and us since last month we moved dnb war room

Hey Guys,

Apologies for neglecting this thread, I’ve been overwhelmed with work - Vas can vouch for me lol.

So GBPUSD as produced some small signals that have produced high return trades recently, due to the trend that seems to find no bottom in place at the moment.

Check out the small setup that formed on the GBPUSD last session, a price bounce of a trend swing level. The candlestick formation (Bearish Rejection Candle) is not ideal but if price breaks down lower we could see the next wave of bearish movement creating another high return trade…

after strong consolidate for a while,now it has produced a breakout entry to short this pair.

l would say that is a weak BO Vas, more an indecision candle. However price seems to be going down today so good luck if you took it!

This is why a break of the low was needed, to confirm bullish momentum and trend continuation. No trade was triggered here, there was always a high risk of a retracement as this market has moved pretty much straight down with out any real corrections, the futher price moved down the higher the chances of a retracement.

Looking at the AUDCHF market today as a Bearish rejection candle formed off a significant weekly resistance level. Weekly levels are generally the turning points in the market and when coupled with a daily signal well I can’t ignore that…

Breaks of the low here will confirm bearish momentum and could lead to a pretty decent down move. Check out what happened every other time price tested this level recently.

gbpcad has formed a short signal

short oppurtunity in gu

Hey guys,

The thread was taken down temporarily because it got infected with a bug.

It’s all been cleaned out so now it’s business as usual.

Not much to talk about on the charts at the moment, but waiting for buy signals after weakness in the AUDUSD trend, waiting for short signals on EURNZD as the market has just broken through a major weekly support. EURUSD sell signals would be nice closer to the trend mean value.

I hope everyone has a great Easter.

I just want to pop in here really quick and say that this is a really good, informative thread that was started by DnB. I love price action trading and like seeing how other traders tweak it to make it their own. I will be back here im sure just wanted to share my thoughts real quick :slight_smile:

Nice to see this thread… I am going through it…

Hey guys I hope everyone had a great Easter, now to kick off the first day of trading after our 4 day Easter weekend, we have a bullish price action signal that has formed in great trending conditions on the AUDUSD major market.

AUDUSD has been on an obvious up tear the last few weeks and great buying opportunities have occurred after market weakness in this strong trend. Today a signal have formed after market weakness giving us a high probability opportunity to jump into this trend at a great price.

If price breaks the Rejection Candle signal high then we could see the next bullish move upwards into higher highs, this market does look like it’s heading back up to the 1.06 weekly range resistance level.

AUDUSD & NZDUSD continue to push higher this week, NZDUSD produced a strong bullish rejection candle after the market rejected bearish moves into lower prices. Price breaks of this signal candle high could kick off the next wave of bullish momentum with this strong core pressure behind it.

on friday inverted pin candle has formed so we can take sell entry

there is a twin inside bar formed on a bullish side

Hey traders,

As Vasude mentioned above we are watching a double inside day signal that has formed on the GBPUSD daily chart.

Inside bars are signals of consolidation and are the catalysts for powerful breakouts, GBPUSD has just broken through a key weekly level and the chart now has a bullish bias with the higher higher and higher lows being formed.

So when we catch the breakout we are looking to only catch prices breakouts in to higher prices becuase that would line up with the current chart dynamics.

Bullish breakouts here would open up the way for much higher prices since there is plenty of upward room on the chart.