Price Action, Market Structure & Bollinger Band

This thread is so much better; but what’s with the secrecy of the pairs traded?

The list must exist, easy to copy & paste here, please

:grinning:

Was never here to ask you for your judgement on the quality of my post, simply sharing what I Know. Thanks.

1 Like

I reckon,
AUDCAD,AUDCHF,AUDJPY,AUDUSD,CADCHF,CADJPY,EURAUD,EURCAD,EURJPY,EURNZD,EURUSD,GBPAUD,GBPCAD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY,GBPUSD,NZDCAD,NZDCHF,NZDJPY,NZDUSD,USDCAD,USDCHF,USDJPY
:+1:

Hi Cloud, great insight and thanks for your patience and time. Please pm me the currency pairs that you trade. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I have messaged you the pairs.

Hi Cloud,

Please PM me the currency pairs as well. Thank you so much for all your efforts to educate us!

1 Like

wishing you a merry xmas.
Can u get the currency list also plz ?

Sorry to ask, See the attached pic. Do you enter after such huge engulfing candles ?

1 Like

Thank you very much

1 Like

Great thread. I’ve been playing around with this strategy and found this strong bullish signal. Unfortunately I missed it yesterday:

It’s a Harami inside bar, price rejected at Center line, complete with an existing uptrend.

1 Like

Direct messaged them to you :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

I have messaged you the pairs.

For the trade above, usually, that’d be a relatively strong signal to go short however, I wouldn’t have personally entered into this trade as there has been a crazy day of bullish movement the last 2 days provided by the massive green candle. When this happens, you need stronger rejection to the upside. To go into a trade here I’d need to see the bullish moment fading, then a doji or a strong bearish pin bar to appear then a confirmation candle to the downside. In this case, the bullish momentum was still very present provided by the two big candles a few days back.

Nice spotting, that could potentially be a nice trade. Continuation trades are usually a big more tricky and risky though but with this partcular one the bullish momentum is present enough to enter into a trade here.

1 Like

hey Cloundninee, thank you for this amazing post, I was reading all the comments and I appreciate all the patience you have to answer all the questions, I absolutely learn something today and I will back-test it as soon as I can.
also, can you send me the pairs?
thanks again for the post and the help you provide here

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here are another update and this one I have done on a rather “different” pair to show that this strategy can work on different markets other than just a major forex pair (like AUDUSD per the last update). The pair chosen here is CHFJPY.

Keeping in mind as per my last post to keep this realistic to what and how I actually trade in the real in terms of profits, each trade I risk $500.

All other trading rules for what I use is in my last update/the original post.

10 September - BUY - Closed at BE = $0

16 September - SELL - Closed at next signal for 2.85:1 RR = +$1,425

29 September - BUY - Closed at BE = $0*

*This was a VERY unfortunate trade. It went to 1:1 RR and moved to BE and it got closed out a few days later before shooting upwards which could have easily resulted in 2 or 3 RR. Regardless, just reporting what actually happened.

19 October - BUY - Closed at next signal for 1:1 RR = +$500

22 October - SELL - Closed at next signal for 1.35:1 RR = +$675

4 November - BUY - Closed at 1:1 RR = +$500

13 November - SELL - Closed at 1:1 RR = +$500

24 November - BUY - Closed at next signal for 3.85:1 RR = +$1,925

15 December - SELL - This trade is still running at approximately 0.5:1 RR right now so not calculating into P&L just yet as it’s not closed.

Overall (not counting the trade that’s still running): 6/6 wins (2 BE) = 100% = +$5,525 profits

As you can see, based on the two currency pairs I have updated most recently, I have already profited over $10,000 in the last 3 months (based on my own risk per trade ratio). So IT IS possible to be profitable with this strategy and to apply it to your daily trading.

I know it is not realistic to only provide winning examples, so in my next update, I will provide one that will include a number of losing positions and/or overall negative results to be fair.

Once again, any questions, just let me know.

2 Likes

@Cloudninee congratulations, that is awesome trading, 9 entries and no losers, amazing :+1:

In Post 1 you mention using a split position, but the figures quoted show that is not the case, can you confirm that? Did you find it was too much trouble doing that or just not producing results?

At Post 45 you mention that you don’t take many entries near the middle MA, yet the chart shows about 6 trades near the MA. Perhaps you could mention for each trade what the trigger was for entry? Was it a single candle pattern, pin bar or engulfing, or multiple candle pattern, Harami; maybe simple rejection from the B/Band?

Assuming that the starting account was $50,000, the $500 risk was 1% of the account, will you be increasing the risk to $600 soon as the growth of $10,000 profits now makes the account $60,000?

Here’s looking forward to bigger and better trading in 2021, thanks for sharing :grinning:

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your comment.

Some good questions you got there so I will take this chance to write it out and explains for anyone else who come after and would like to read.

Split Position
Yes, you are correct about this, initially I did do a multi-position per trade with a ratio of 80 (1:1 RR) and 20 (runner), however overtime I have found that the 20% runner sometimes can go on for a long period of time and therefore in the long term, I’m actually missing out on a lot of profits by cutting my trades to early.

Rather, I now open only one position which is easier to manage and at the same time, earn bigger when a trend is continually strong. This was included in my last update of the changed trading rules.

The only potential downside to this is, when the market is in risk-off mode or when it’s crazy volatile, you can get stopped out after moving to BE and not make any profits at all and miss out on a big move (like one of the trade in my latest post).

You can’t win them all though and if it happens, it happens.

Trading at the Middle of The Bands
Trading when price is around the middle of the band can be very tricky and you can easily lose money without proper skills and experience to read the market.

While that’s the case, I have also found that there are many more potential opportunities around this area that can potentially be missed. As you may know, trading the daily chart, you don’t really want to miss out on opportunities when they arise.

I simply only trade around the middle of the bands based on two criteria:

• A CLEAR rejection of the middle of the band - so wicks must cut through but then price must bounce back and the candle MUST NOT close in the other direction. If it does, then the signal is invalidated.

• Preferably only trade in the direction of the trend unless the market is moving sideways (like in my latest post).

Account Balance & Risk/Trade
I actually trade close to 5% of my account per trade. Yes, this is not the usual go and I am fully aware the recommended amount is only 1-2%. But with the way this strategy goes so far for me, the profits have been keeping me in front with minimal drawdown, along with trading one position per pair at a time and the daily chart and with an okay leverage, all this have been keeping me well under the dangerous margin level . After all, this is my decision and I take full responsibility for it.

In terms of the amount risking per trade, I only increase this when I feel like my trading balance (I keep a separate saving account for all profits from trading) is at a certain amount and if I feel like it’s safe and is the right time to do so. For now I think $500 per trade is keeping me well in front and is a risk level I am very comfortable with, so I will be sticking with it for now until my trading funds grow some more.

With my trading account balance, I have nothing to hide, so I will say it here. I find that being honest about this can bring a certain perspective that’s beneficial to those who are looking to trade and wanting to make a living/income out of it. I keep $10,000 in my trading account and withdraw any amount above this at the END of every month. I believe you should never leave all your trading cash in your trading account, regardless of how trustworthy your broker is, just in case. Also by doing this, if needed, I can use my profits from trading for other things in life ( such as bills, holidays, leisure, shopping, etc.).

While I am profitable, I don’t call myself a professional. Rather, I just do what I feel is right and most importantly, what I am most comfortable with. After all, regardless of what anyone says, I believe that’s what you should be doing with not just trading, but with most things in life in general because in the end, you will know it was you who made all the calls and have no one else to blame if things go wrong.

Hope this answers most if not all of your questions/queries. Feel free to ask if there is anything else.

4 Likes

Your comment is too kind. I’m only trying to provide my own experience and if that’s helpful to anyone, I am glad.

I will direct message you the pairs now.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Cloudninee, I’m like you and don’t care for screen staring all day. As you only trade majors and gold, you are quite correct in that there are 28 majors. Everyone should be able to list down those 28 from a simple matrix. For my part, I’m not fond of anything Swissy and also your native currency v NZD as they seem to have similar central bank strategies and geographical trading partners. Could you please tell me the majors that you do NOT trade as it will be a short list of seven. Be good to see if we have similar views. Cheers and thanks for all your typing. Nice simple strategy.

Not sure I’ve done this correctly. :upside_down_face:

I have answered your direct message today.

1 Like