Price Action, Market Structure & Bollinger Band

Have DM’d you.

@Cloudninee Hi! very interesting strategy, I was hoping you could DM me which currency pairs you trade with this strategy.

Btw, your London Breakout Strategy post inspired me to start taking forex trading more seriously, I understand from the LBS thread that you haven’t traded that strategy for several months, but was wondering if I could bounce a few ideas off you

Hi, I have DM you the pairs and yes, please feel free to ask any questions you have either here or via DM and I’d only be more than happy to answer.

Hi CloudNinee, Did you share your 3 moving average strategy please? If yes, how can I find it?

Hi Cloud I hope you’re well. I’m still trading this system and still enjoying it. Just wanted to ask you if there’s any chance you could maybe share some more screenshots every now and then? I’m sure you’re busy and i know it can be a bit of a hassle marking your trades with drawings and then saving/sharing etc. I would just really like to see if i’m taking the same trades as yourself and if not, where i could find more opportunities. You’ve contributed so much already and i totally understand if this is too much hassle. I just wanted to ask and see what your thoughts were. Thanks, all the best.

Hi Cloud,

Thank you very much for all your work and education. I had started to trade Turtle soup strategy, but realized that BB are better for me to see the markets moves. May I ask you the list od the currency pairs? Hope it would be helpful for me.

Thak you a lot again V

Yes I did in one of my new posts. I think you can click on my name to find them.

It’s not a problem, I can arrange some times to do this. Perhaps if you have a particular currency pairs you want me to share the setups on?

I have DMed you.

Good man thanks a lot =) No currency pairs in particular. I would just like to see a little more of the set ups you take yourself. You’ve already explained the strategy perfectly but I would just like to see some trades that maybe aren’t so obvious because at the moment i’m not really venturing much outside of shooting star followed by the confirmation candle (and vice versa for buys). So far it has been working which is great but I feel like I might be missing out on some potential trades.

If you have some more examples of trading around the middle bollinger band that would be great too. I haven’t even taken a single trade there yet. I’m still on demo but its up about 8% after 3 months which is great. If i got those results consistently in real world trading I would be absolutely over the moon.

Thanks again Cloud. Always appreciate it :+1:

Here you go, AUDUSD and EURUSD since the beginning of 2021.

AUDUSD - 3 trades - all winners

Trade 1 - 0.5 RR = +$250
Trade 2 - 2 RR = +$1000
Trade 3 - RR = +$1500 (still running)

EURUSD - 4 trades - 3 winners, 1 did not execute

Trade 1 - did not execute (got lucky here, set sell stop order based on candle’s low and it never got triggered)
Trade 2 - 2 RR = +$1000
Trade 3 - 1 RR = +$500
Trade 4 - 3 RR = $+1500 (still running)

So overall in 3 months with 2 currency pairs, I’m about $5,750 in profits.

You asked about the middle of the band, this is usually for continuation trade for me as most of the times my trades are based on the price reaching the outer range of the bands either way. The requirements I usually look for if trading the middle of the band are:

• Pin bar rejection of the middle of the band
  • Engulfing candle after the rejection of the middle of the band
2 Likes

That’s perfect thanks so much. I can already see a couple of trades that I may not have taken just for the fact that I have been a bit too conservative. It’s really helpful seeing these screenshots because it helps to understand your thought process behind it a little more. I still check back in on this thread once every couple of weeks so if you’re happy to throw in the odd screenshot now and then that would be massively appreciated. Thanks again Cloud. Take care.

P.S You should look into some prop trading firms. There’s one called 5%ers and one called City Traders Imperium (CTI). They both require you to achieve 6% profit in a practice account to qualify for one of their funded accounts and you get 6 months and 12 months respectively to achieve it. You seem to be doing just fine without them but i’m guessing you could probably make a killing with these companies.

1 Like

In the end it’s all about reading what the candles and charts are telling you. Will try to keep posting as regularly as I can.

In regards to your P.S, I did look into this and will do so in the future but, I have a full time job, 2 part-time jobs and a family to look after so for the moment my hands are full but might be worthwhile looking into at some point. Thank you for suggesting.

2 Likes

Hi @Cloudninee

If I may ask, the last trade you took on the AUDUSD pair, why you did not close the trade after the Engulfing candle and doji before (the 5th candle from right to left). As far as I know doji + engulfing equals confirmation.

I’m just curios to see what was your perception on this, because how is looking now, it was a good decision to leave the trade running.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for asking, that’s very good curiosity. To me, it all comes down to how you read the story that the market is trying to tell you. I will explain below MY VIEW of the market for AUDUSD and you will see the reasoning behind why I kept my short trade going and basically caught the very top of it:

• 24th February - the market is very extended and is far away from the middle of the band
  • 25th & 26th February - the market had 2 MASSIVE days of sell-off
  • Since 25th February to 23rd March - the market has been incredibly BEARISH - take a look at the sizes of the bear candles comparing to any other bull candles
  • 18th March - the market made a bear pin bar candle rejecting the peaks created on 2nd and 3rd March
  • The doji and the bullish engulfing on the 25th and 26th of March then the very bullish pin bar on the 1st April did worry me however, the market is in such a bearish momentum, there is not enough evidence yet for me to close my trade and go long at this point. I did however move my SL down to secure profits just in case the market does reverse.

As you can see, basically, I just look at each candle each day and try to interpret the market and see what picture it’s trying to paint. Again, everybody is different and each person’s view of the market is different, but that’s how I see it.

Lastly, compare the signal to go long on the 26th March (doji then engulfing) compare to the bearish signal to go short on 25th February - which one do you think is stronger? It’s the 25th February for me.

2 Likes

Hi Cloudninee,

Can you please explain the indicator on your graphs that show your SL and TP zones.

And can you also send me the list of currency pairs that you trade.

Thanks,

Chris.

The SL and TP zones are not an indicator but it’s just a tool on Tradingview.

I have sent you the pairs via DM.

Thanks mate.

Chris.

Hi Cloudnine how are you? I was just wondering if you track stats such as drawdown? If so, do you know what the max drawdown would be on this system you’re using? Thanks again.

@Cloudninee

I’ve been using this strategy for 3 weeks now and not made a single loss yet. Thank you so much for opening my eyes to this and sharing what you know.

Would you kindly share the pairs you trade with me also?

Cheers
Emily