Price Action That Matters

Hmmm… that looks like a better setup indeed. It’s still kinda stuck in traffic for my personal taste, so I’ll let it pass. My rating will be 2 - 3 stars for this one.

[QUOTE=“Mr B A Barracus;572204”]

Looks like you got in earlier than me, I wish I’d caught it sooner, you must have made some nice pips. I came in around 0.91261 so I’m hanging on for now.

I’m tempted with the 2br reversal on the 1hr charts for chfjpy and usdjpy, the chfjpy sticks nicely into my 30 EMA…will mull this over but looks good as a continuation move for me.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I’m going to have to pass on those two tonight, my brain is tired and I need sleep. Too fried to think straight best to give them a miss for now…

Cheers, I understand. I was actually wondering about managing an intraday entry on a higher timeframe, ie going UP a TF not DOWN To manage the trade, that seems like a good idea to me, if, big if, you’ve entered at the right level/value area then it seems to me it’s easier to let it run longer. I can understand what you say about not entering on a higher TF and going DOWN a TF to manage it.

What do you think?

Amy

My two pips worth on NZDUSD, Not short on this one yet

Am only trading daily charts, with trend/range

key level or zone is at 0.8150-0.8100 For me and would be watching for a confirmed break below this area before looking to short - will be closely watch that zone for obvious PA

On NZDJPY, looks like there may be a breakout, but since I am taking signals on daily chart only not intraday, may not be enough RR? Am thinking of the big resistance level coming in ahead…

Hey will,

How do you use leverage? Anyone else here?

As far as I see it, I would only use it so I only need to put a portion of my trading capital in my broker account and still be able to trade full position size, the rest of my trading capital would be on interest bearing deposit account. So, if I get a margin call, I have the ready funds in my deposit account to meet the call.

I cannot see what other benefit it would have for me yet since I haven’t been trading long enough to be certain I can stay consistently profitable. Coz although leverage multiplies my profits it multiplies my losses too so you still have to find the cash from somewhere to match those losses.

However, if you are truly consistently profitable and your winners cover your losers, and you only have small drawdowns, then it may be worthwhile, but still added risk… If not consistent yet, it seems to me leverage used in this second way, is very risky :16:

I know it seems like a really basic question, but whenever I ask traders how they use leverage, I get a mixture of answers none of which have given me the complete picture.

Thanks!

Huh?! I was going for it trying to hit the 100 post mark’, and the counter bust on me, it’s stuck on 99 for the last three posts…

Leverage just lets you trade more currency for a given amount of money in your account. Even if you have a high leverage it doesn’t mean you have to use it all. It depends on your style of trading. If you are adjusting your $'s risked to the size of your SL and you risk high %'s of your account and generally have small SL’s, then you are going to use up your leverage fast. Also if a bunch of good setups pop up at once, you will find yourself running out of margin with low leverage, then you will have to trade smaller than you want or pass up on a trade. I have found that as long as I keep 100% of my trading money in my broker account then 50:1 is good enough.

its a bit quiet so was wondering what do you guys think

AUDNZD 8H

+with trend
+KHL

+/-pinbar could be bigger
-“AREA1” is a bit close (but after that it is smooth sailin)

We all have things in our lives that we can be thankful for. We can achieve all of the success in the world but if we don’t have appreciation for all of the blessings in our lives then we are really missing out on this great journey. In the spirit of thanksgiving, I want you to post at least 2 things you are most thankful for. I will kick it off,

1. I am most thankful for the gift of salvation and eternal life that comes through Jesus Christ.
  2. I am also thankful for my beautiful wife, my 2 little boys and any more children that we will be blessed with down the road.

Hi Amy,

that’s one huge misconception when you said ‘leverage multiplies my profits it multiplies my losses too’. Leverage does not multiply our profits nor our losses. What it really does is to give you more opportunity to have open trades at the same time. As long as you keep doing smart trade management, getting screwed by ‘Margaret Calliope’ is very unlikely.

You may check dudest post from J’s thread for further reading:
Leverage explanation + links for further reading

Ah, I miss Thanksgiving already. Well, here goes nothing.

1. I am really thankful for the gift of salvation and eternal life from Lord JC. He really is the way, and the truth, and the life.
  2. I am also thankful for my loving family and true companion throughout my investing and trading journey. Ten years from now, we all will be looking back right here when it all begins. :51:

Hey - Happy Thanksgiving! :slight_smile:
am grateful for my family and the support they give me to go out there and pursue my dreams (however wild and fanciful those dreams seem!)…so true, we should not get wrapped up in pursuit of the next great thing, next winning trade etc etc [fill in the blank] and forget to appreciate what we already have.

Best wishes to all.

We are not celebrating thanksgiving in Sweden but I wish everyone who does a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :slight_smile:

I am thankful for:

1. That I get to wake up every morning to be able to enjoy this beautiful world/universe and it’s wonders
  2. That I am blessed with good health so far
  3. That I have everything in my life that I need and could ever wish for
  4. That I live in a part of the world where I have all the freedom and possibilities to achieve or become whatever I want

Sorry for writing more than 2 but there is so much to be thankful for. Many people tend to forget that so thank you Aaron for reminding me/us about that. :slight_smile:

Happy Thanks Giving guys! Hope you enjoyed the day. I have much to be thankful for but today I would like to give special thanks for the re-enforced pad locked door between myself and Benedicts room and of course his recent stint at sobriety.

Just looking at the potential bearish engulfing bar forming at a very nice level on the AUDNZD, nice spot to get in on the trend. Hopefully it’ll hang around…

[QUOTE=“Mr B A Barracus;572602”]Just looking at the potential bearish engulfing bar forming at a very nice level on the AUDNZD, nice spot to get in on the trend. Hopefully it’ll hang around…[/QUOTE]

Actually it looks like an inside bar at a closer look, an engulfing bar with in the mother candle, what do you do with those? I’m guessing wait for more confirmation. There is also a 2br reversal very close to it…and against a lovely trendline…I’m warming to it.

We have some very nice pull backs trades that are forming on the 1H yen charts. My favorite is on the CHF/JPY 1H chart. Prices have broken out of a box and then pulled back and retested the top of the box. When the top of the box was retested a bullish pin bar formed rejecting the top of this box. This is a textbook pull back trade setup

CHF/JPY 1H Pull Back Trade Setup

but today is lastday of the week, last day of month, a lot of take profit from beging of this month will drag USD/JPY back to 101.38

Reading from some days this thread with great interest. Thanks indeed Aaron for your unvaluable support with newbies.
A simple question: Do you use EMAS 8/21 on all timeframes?