Price Action That Matters

Same here regarding the stock market comment. Although volume in the stock market is more valuable than in Forex. Since all trades go through a central exchange they can measure exact volume. In Forex ,volume is measure by changes in price, not volume. Even though it’s not account for exact lots being traded, in my use volume I’ve found it does a good job showing bull/bear struggles at key levels. I have been considering writing an indicator that uses volume and price over time and also takes into account average trading volume for a given trading session or specific time of day. I find the current volume indicators fairly worthless, raw volume seems to work the best.

Wow, 25 pages within 3 days only, Krugman! Lots of people will kill to get that kind of ‘Volume’ coming into their thread. :wink:

And like I said before, something funny is going on on this thread. We are all up to no good. Hahahaha… :smiley:

Hi Krugman,

I fully agree that posting trade screenshot is a must. And I know from my experiences in the other thread, it always gives lots of headache to any newbie. Here I want to share how we usually do it (special thanks to Johnathon Fox for sharing this very practical tips!) if we want to get a trade screenshot.

Just google: “Jing” and then go through the super quick download and you will have free screen capture gear that will let you capture whatever you like and also let you add arrows and typing etc. It looks like this:

Hope that can help. Please read more about Jing here: Jing Tutorials

PS: You may want to add this important suggestion in your front page, Krugman. Otherwise, people may start posting screenshot by taking a picture of their PC with their cellphone! I’m not making this up, some newbies have really done that because they have no idea at all how to easily get a trade screenshot. :frowning:

finally something i can use conveniently! thanks! haha. been looking for such things for ages… but don’t know what to look for.

I see. So sooner or later, Krugman will teach us how to throw ourselves under the bus. Sounds like a plan. Haha… :smiley:

Hi Eternal,
personally i would give this a miss.
I have my S/R at 0.95272 and 0.93209. I do not see any definite S/R at 0.9430.
Additionally, as you say the pinbar is too small.
I would wait for a large PA that shouts.
It is difficult at the moment to wait for good setups as there do not seem to have been too many recently, but they will come.

Hi,
just want to say something to EURUSD 4H chart. I wrote that it is good idea to go long (trend, pin bar …).
Right now I close my position (BE) I don’t want to be at this trade. For me it is very bad trade.
Look at this chart

By Default is MT4 set to bid or ask and how do you check please? I think they are set to bid by default.

Hey,

I don’t know if you guys trade D2 time frame, but I have blended candles together on D1 time frame and this is what I got - a Bullish Engulfing Bar, which has also formed at a great support level, that has been respected previously. Additional to that there is an IB formed just right after the EB. I’m not using any indicators, just doing it in my mind or by using the Paint.

AUD/USD D2

Zoomed in & blended

P.S. Sorry, I haven’t introduced my self yet, but probably some of the traders here already know me pretty well. :wink: I’m Richard from Latvia, a student, I’ve been trading for 5 years, but just recently got the “AHA” moment in my trading career, so now I’m trying to build up the account and it goes pretty well.

Richard

On my chart RR for this trade is like 1:0,5 so no no for me. And im concerned with the “with trend” aspect of this trade im not quite sure is it down trend or is it start of an uptrend. I think that old resistance is now a support for an uptrend. Please comment :slight_smile:

Wait a minute… Rick? :smiley:

I think the BUEB looks reasonable, but the problem is, the bus has come and long gone. At least from a basic setup, it’s a no go at this point. I do not know if taking retracement is acceptable as neither J nor K ever favored that moves in this kind of situation as far as I can remember.

Hey,

If we look at the resistance level that is above (grey line on my chart), then yes it is 0.5, BUT I don’t really pay attention to RR unless it’s ridiculously low. The pair is ranging for past 3 months as there is no clear higher high or lower low, recently it broke the channel at 0.93000 and I took the trade from the broken resistance level.

Richard

Yeah… Rick, I guess that’s how you call me :smiley:

I’ve entered this trade 6 days ago. I just mentioned that there has formed an IB after the EB, obviously I didn’t know it would form there, but I think you know what PB+IB or EB+IB means… :wink: I hope it will give a bit more fire this time too.

P.S. It’s fine if you take retracement entry, but that technique doesn’t suit my trading style, so I’m not using it.

Richard

Teach? Most people are pretty good at jumping under the bus themselves, haha.

Hey FaRS, thanks for formally introducing yourself I am glad to see you here. I know your experience and knowledge will add a lot of benefit to the discussions here. We definitely can blend candles here. Sometimes it helps make the picture more clear of what is going on in the charts. Although I have always been strict on if you are going to blend a single set of candles, you really need to have the whole chart of candles blended. The reason is if you only blend a single set of candles, you are not looking at 2 different time frames of candles on 1 chart. For example if you were to blend the entire chart you posted A 2 day candles, that pin bar would disappear. Pretty much all of the candles would look completely different.

This pair is trending strongly as I am going to show in my next post. You can see that price has been well above it’s 21EMA showing the bullish strength of this pair. I best setups would be for price to pull back to a key S/R area and for a large and obvious bullish PA signal. These types of setups can provide us with very high reward and low risk.

[B]How to identify and draw support and resistance levels in Forex ?[/B]

Mapping out support and resistance levels on a price chart is the most important core skill that any price action trader will need to have, but really the ability to do so is the foundation of any real trading strategy and without the ability to do this in a professional, consistent manner can cause trading as a whole to come crashing down on top of you very quickly. Traders tend to over complicate support and resistance mapping and as a result they are left with a very messy, confusing hard to read chart
Unfortunately support and resistance is not an exact science and will require some screen time.

[B]If any one have core knowledge about this topic then plz share,[/B]

Thanks for your input, Krugman. As I’m trading D2 time frame, then I’m not looking at the PB that formed yesterday, because it’s a D1 time frame, the D2 time frame’s candle hasn’t even been formed yet. The reason I don’t use indicator that blends the candles is because it doesn’t take into account the very recent candle, the indicator has it’s starting point at which it starts to blend the candles and that’s it, but we as traders can take the very recent candles and blend them, so it gives us the latest updated information on what price is doing at that moment.

This is in a definite uptrend which I will show with some screenshots. I have found that one of the hardest things for traders to do is figure out if something is trending or not. This is primarily because most mainstream teachers don’t hit on it that much, or maybe they just don’t know themselves, lol. The other two problem is it can be a somewhat subjective and also there are different trends happening at different time frames. I am going to do my best to solve the first problem. For the second problem, I try to make it as rule based as possible. This helps remove some of that subjectivity and helps get more people to agree on trends. The way I solve the third problem is to just find the trend on the time frame you are wanting to trade. Or if you are a beginner, just find the trend on the daily, and use that throughout all of your time frames.

In this screenshot you can see each successive HH and HL with each swingpoint. This has actually completely 5 swingpoints with the HH/HL pattern. This tells us the trend is undoubtedly up. So why is it so important to know the trend? PA traders always talk about having the best “edge”. Knowing whether you are swimming against the tide or with the tide has a lot to do with that edge. When we know the tide is going up the chart in a solid uptrend, so our best edge will always be trading with the tide, up the chart. Counter trend trades are still ok if they are in your trading basket, but we will require a much larger price bearish price action signal to overcome the strong tide. On top of that we would be looking for that signal to form at a very key level.

I figured this would be a good moment to touch on the 1-2-3 patterns. The pattern that started this uptrend was the 1-2-3 pattern. This is common pattern that gets trends started. 1-2-3 patterns are also common when price breaks through a trendline. I plan on 1-2-3 patterns being the first PA pattern I write an article on here.

Great question Saeed! Identifying Key S/R levels is the second step I do in my three step processes of finding price action signals. Finding S/R levels is going to be the second major article I write here. I am shooting for having it here in the forum sometime on Friday. In the meantime if anyone can provide a quick and simple explanation, I would encourage that. I don’t want to dig into it here because it wouldn’t quite do it justice. As you said it can is not an exact science. Marking S/R areas can also be very subject, which is why it is so hard to master and hard to discuss in a way it makes sense.

I like to lay out to people finding trends and ranges first because it gets traders accustom to looking for swing points. These swing points are one of the key areas you will look to for finding both horizontal and diagonal S/R areas.

I am working hard on getting all 3 of my steps in here because that is essentially the core aspects of finding price action setups and will help everyone get started at being successful finding PA setups.

Agree with Willy here, if price has left he station and is coming back again, you don’t want to jump in. It’s too risky jumping in a trade that is clearly losing steam. There are trades like me who may have already moved to break even and if price pulls back to the PA signal, we are getting out of the trade.