Price Action That Matters

I’ve even less, so don’t worry too much bro.

Darth

I’m starting with $5,000. You think I can make a living doing this full time? :slight_smile:

Maybe after 5 years of steady growth with compounding all your profits. Sure depends on your life style.

All FXCM accounts will allow you to trade micro lots. However, there are differences between platforms in how trade sizes are displayed. For example, on Trading Station a micro lot (10 cents per pip) is displayed as 1k or 1,000 currency units. On MT4, a micro lot is displayed at 0.01 standard lots (with a standard lot being $10 per pip). On Trading Station, a standard lot is displayed as 100k, while on MT4 it’s displayed as 1.00 standard lots.

Geez such a slow grind but the ascending triangle on the USDJPY is still intact.

And is it me or is the market holding its breath? 2 nights in a row and not a single good trade on the dailies just consolidation everywhere.

Jedi

Also this has peaked my attention. On the H1 gold chart massive divergence on the price vs volume

Thoughts?

Darth

It is not such a great thing when you loose a trade though, I only trade heavy lot sizes on a few different pairs that I have gotten to know quite well. EURAUD, UJ, UJ and Gold.

It still scares me making trades in excess of 50 lots, the loss can be so big, which is why I only trade a few setup with this volume, setups with a stop of 30 pips or less. If I have a 100 lot trade open, I know for a fact I will not sleep that night… it is emotionally painful at times.

Hey master Darth,

Do you think we can call that divergence? I’m not sure if you can correlate price action with volume slope… if you ask me, that graph correlates perfectly… smaller candles, less and less volume…

What I would consider price/volume divergence is if there is a small candle but a huge spike in volume or vice versa, which might definitely be something interesting to study and backtest!

Cheers bud

I know what you mean. Although at a much smaller scale, there was once I mistakenly opened a 3 lot trade instead of 0.3. And OMG it was stressful.

Awaiting your article to delve more into IBs. :57:

Thanks for your input mate, yeah I see your point, I’m starting to look out more for other price indications i.e triangles, IB’s, volume and divergences. Not trading them individually but along side solid PA.

Interesting point about small candles with high volume, I’ve seen some of those the last couple of days, but as they appeared at insignificant areas didn’t think much of them.

So what instruments do you use for trading bro alongside PA?

dARTH

Gold should go down to at least 1314.22 if it breaks the IB low on H4. Doubtful it will go up at this stage.

Personally it looks like a retracement from the strong bullish uptrend ready for the old 1-2-3, IF bulish PA formed around this level I don’t see much wrong going long at least to the recent high.

Darth

It depends, if it breaks the low, then down, if it closes above the trendline, then chances are that will will go up, will just have to wait for confirmation.

The important thing is now, we are at a weekly trend line, and also you can see momentum has been stalling, on H4, daily and weekly candles.

Good point, yeah confimation is need.

I’m still kicking myself over this trade, I was long at the 1245 area and saw price struggling at the 1250 area so closed out with small profit. needless to say…gutted. lol

Darth

Seem to have confirmation of higher prices. Waiting to see how this H4 closes then I will take a position, TP at the high would be best.

Yeh, I was long from an IB at 1262 and closed out at 1329, still a nice profit :slight_smile:

Often found your comments worth reading more than once :44:

As it is there are risks everywhere in life. Traveling in cars, on board planes, ships… all involves risks. We cannot run away from taking risks. The big difference is whether it’s calculated risk or blind risk. For example, walking on a busy highway with eyes open or blind-folded.

Don’t worry abt starting out small. You know what: if you double your capital, say, every year the compounded gain in the Nth year alone is MORE than the sum total of ALL the gains from the 1st to the (N-1)th year!

Be careful whether it is the usual lull period of the trading day! Low volumes don’t mean much there.