Price Action That Matters

Hate when that happens, though I HATE more when you get stopped out and on the chart didn’t even get to your S/L but the invisible ask price did and your broker can not prove it. Grrr

Darth

[QUOTE=“darthfrancis;611839”] Hate when that happens, though I HATE more when you get stopped out and on the chart didn’t even get to your S/L but the invisible ask price did and your broker can not prove it. Grrr Darth[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I HATE that about bid/ask prices, happens so much…

Can you explain the 4H inside bar you entered on? I’m not well versed on insided bars, so I’m not sure I see where you entered. Looks like the 4H inside bar was followed by a bullish 4H pin… was you stop below the previous swing?

I would also like to hear about this, and your entry, stop loss, and take profit levels. I am in this trade also. I entered at 1.665, stop loss at 1.6565 and one take profit at 1.6730.

can you mancamy and darth say wich broker did you note that happens? It would help for us to know wich brokers do that games, since not all of them do that. I believe its important to share those experiences.

USDJPY - Lovely

Trend line break and close below, Inside bar formed, order set, TP 1 and 2 hit, holding 3.

Like I have said before, Inside bars after trend line breaks are very profitable.

Hopefully by me posting these IB setups, people start to understand how they work and where they work best from.

Made profit somewhat on the same trade. USDJPY has a .8 correlation with the SP500, which I am currently short the market through 3X ETF - TNA.

hey cheva - the broker concerned is well known on hear :wink: and if i say anything about them i get a personal email from them…i was half joking actually…i think you just need to be aware of the issue and when you are working out your TP price and say you are going short make sure you figure it out from the ask chart (I think i got that the right way around) and don’t cut your targets too fine, then you should be ok…don’t try and squeeze every last pip out of a move…hope that makes sense

I was actually thinking a buy on S&P a few days ago, lucky I stayed out, didn’t see anything that I liked.

I might actually look for a short position now though, looks like that H4 pin doesn’t stand a chance, need an IB!!! lol

Something is brewing on Silver H4.

I am waiting for a break of the high to start buying.

I’m with VantageFX UK.

Hi mate,

Alot of IB’s seem to form on Mondays, do you take those trades?

Ive been Curious about Volume and IB’s, do we look for the same signs as we do with Pinbars?

Hi Adamj. Can you demonstrate how you draw that trend line please? I see it had been broken once, how did you have the confidence to keep the same line?

After stopping me out at BE, AUDJPY continued down to hit where my TP was. It’s about to hit the heart line as well.
This brought back the topic I was observing - if I should move my SL or not. In this particular instance, I say no. lol

Next trade I will try leaving my SL alone.

You moved to BE far too soon…

Yeh, sure, trend lines… I the way I draw them is by connecting at least 2 points, again, this is MY way.

So, UJ, I will post the daily so you can understand where I got the lines from.

There was actually an IB on the trend line on H4 in this chart, at the bottom TL, I really should have sold again, but I was out at the shop and missed my entry.

You start to get better at drawing them, some people can take a while to see the points, others pick it up right away, I suppose it depends how you see things… But, Once I can connect 2 points, I draw my line, and wait for a break of it and an IB.

Having Faith in your analysis is VERY important.

closed EURCHF. Was testing to see if it will be able to reach the heart line.

However, zooming out I see the level is a major S/R. It’s already 1.5 RR so I decided to close it.

Another IB Setup on Silver - TP 1 has been hit - I think I posted this last night.

Also, a nice IB setup on Gold after the break of a trend line and close above.

adamjn. Thank you for sharing all your successful IB trades. Would it be possible for you to be a little more descriptive about your thought process, perhaps a star rating with pros & cons, so we can all learn from your skills? For example, on your chart above, I see a failed IB 2 candles back, a successful one 4 candles back, what makes one setup better to take over the other to you? Also, is the IB 10 candles back a legitimate setup? Or since the IB closed back inside the trend line it isn’t? Thanks for your patience, I know it’s a lot of questions. I would just like to know your “rules” persay for trading IB. Great job and keep up the good trading!

The power of probability.

“We don’t know whether we’ll win this trade, or the next, or the next…… But we do know the probability that we’ll win when we have an edge.

So, even though we may lose now & then, in the long run we’ll always take in more than we lose.

The point is that we don’t have to know the outcome of any single trade. We can still be confident that over the hundreds of trades we’ll win.” :slight_smile:

A video clip to share: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32561137/Probability%20Games.mp4

AUDNZD is at a major crossroads, both pairs seems to be strong at the moment and price here has reached a critical level. Volume on the daily yesterdays has been the highest since April 2012 which then started a new trend. Which isn’t surprising it indicates when the Institutional traders get involved. Only question is now is make or break?

And on the h4 price seems to be coiling up within IB’s a sure sign price will soon break in a direction.

Darth