Price Action That Matters

Which broker do you use? I don’t see the same volume pattern on FXCM TS nor MT4 :confused:

Vantage FX UK MT4. Every broker is slightly different i guess

My Alpari demo doesn’t show the same as my vantage but I’m going to see how this turns out and then decide if my broker is any good.

Thx. I think it’s more than ‘slightly’ different :frowning:

High risk events for week of 3/16

I wanted to let everyone here know that this week I am going to start studying for my Series 3 National Commodities Futures exam. From there I am going to start working for my CTA(Commodity Trading Advisor) designation. This will open the door for me to legally trade clients funds, and be listed as a professional fund manager. There are a lot of advantages for me to take this route, and it helps further my trading career but it also has downsides. Once I have the professional licensing I will have to stop online publications of trading advice regarding specific trades. I will still post trades “after the fact” and information on how price action trading works, but I won’t be posting any current trades or prediction of market movements. This is to protect myself legally. Obviously this is a new path for me that I don’t fully understand yet all of the rules and implications but will make changes to what I put online as I understand more. This will help move me down the path of professional trading and will ultimately allow me to produce higher quality material for those who follow my trading method.

Hi I’m new. Just finished reading about flags from various sources. Read somewhere that said on any given day there will be an average of 3 flags on all the major currency crosses.

1. Is this true?
  2. What timeframe do these flags appear on? If we’re trading daily does that mean we hold a trade for 2 months waiting for the flag to reach all the way up to a few hundred pips?

Second question, I heard that price patterns like heads and shoulders/doubletops have an 80% chance of success prov ided they are perfect. What timeframes are these usually on? Are the higher timeframe patterns more reliable, like for single bar reversal patterns?

Good luck Aaron.

Darth

Hey Leecx,
There may be an average of 3 flags a day on all of the currency pairs, I’ve never counted or witness an average number. Although like any patterns you may see a bunch form at once, or go a long time without seeing any. Also like any price action pattern, a flag will appear on any time frame, this is true from as low as the 1 minute chart all the way up to monthly charts, and everywhere in between. The amount of time you have to wait for a flag to play out is partially dependent on the time frame it was taken and the rest is up to the market. A daily flag may play out in a day or two or may take weeks, it’s impossible to tell. I would disagree with the 80% number. Some patterns are more successful than others but most probably fall in the 60-70% success range. I have also heard that patterns on Forex fail more often than patterns on the stock markets. I haven’t seen this myself but it may be true to a minor degree. Overall if you are picking the best setup you should be able to achieve around a 60% win rate on average. If you get more skilled you may be able to jump ship early on trades that are going bad that will help decrease the amount you are losing in your bad trades.

Wish you success in your exam!

Good stuff, good luck dude! What an amazing next step to be taking.

Cheers

i am new here any boby can help me?
how to trade the currencies? here have to do any investment? how to earn from here? from which ways to pay us?
thank you.

Hey buddy this is your best place to start…School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading

good luck

darth

Hi mate

Sorry wrong post.

Thx.

Hi mate

Looks like you have some kind of handy EA that identifies & marks IBs. Or were the little red squares added manually for illustration?

Thank you.

I will pay you 5k to do some proper research before posting BS.

Yeh, I got an indicator that marks IB,s I trade, if it ain’t marked, I don’t trade it. It also points out pins, engulfing… but I only really trade IB’s, so have all that disabled.

Meh, why not, I’ll chip in with another 1k.

GEEZ i seriously need to start posting some BS i would be 6K richer lol

Hi, am Ishola A. From Nigeria and i love what you are doing here thou late to join but kindly accept me to be part of this community

adamjn, could you share your inside bar indicator?
Tks