Price Action That Matters

I’d join you so that you are not lonely :smiley:

Agreed with Darth. This thread requires that you have basic knowledge & understanding of fx trading. If not, you’d have great difficulties in making sense of the contents here. It’s not for beginners. So, your best place to start is School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading.

And please be prepared to spend at least 6 months to a year before you’d be ready to come back again, depending on how much time & efforts you can put in.

Wish you all the best!

If you are serious, I suggest you do some research, there is some good info available on this forum, but like what has been already said, this thread is proper PA trading, not really for beginners…

On a side note, have you any idea when I am getting my 100 mill inheritance from you uncles wifes grandfather?

I have already emailed my bank info, DOB, name, address, Nation Insurance number…

Sure.

Here ya go :slight_smile: I have everything but IB’s disabled.

Remember, not all the IB’s marked are tradable.

https://www.google.com/search?q=price+action+aha&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

Ya! Use it only as a tool for convenience. Human judgment & decision is always needed.

Hi guys,

I took this BUEB from support on the S&P on a retrace entry. Really key support level, this market is making higher highs and the BUEB was nice and obvious.

First take profit at 1880 and will trail stops after that and try and let the second half run

forgot to add this pair when i reset my profile and missed it. gutted. lol

well done this is as easy as it gets.

Darth

Anyone bank on this beast of a move today?

Gold H4 2 Bar break of the low, basically the same as the break of the low of a pin… also IB’s.

I entered a little early, the proper way to enter is to enter on a break of the reversal IB low. I traded gold solid for a few years, so it was just too obvious to me, but in the long run, it is bad practice, got stopped out of GJ yesterday entering too soon…

TP Hit

Also, I took GJ IB, was going to take UJ, gutted I missed it lol

Cheers Darth - UPDATE - missed my take profit by 7 pips so when I came back to this at NY close it was a few pips in the red so closed it out for a very small loss coz of BEEB/two bar bearish reversal on the daily. pretty much break even, protect capital…onto the next one. I would rather look for another setup than cling onto this one…

Waiting for current candle to close, may be another opportunity to test channel trading. We had a rejection bar with wick through the trend line followed by 2 bar reversal.

A quick word on FXCM. I am also an FXCM client for one of my trading accounts and I recently discovered that they are notorious for trading against their clients. I enjoy all of the educational sessions and the fact that they are an active broker that gives their client base a lot of tools to work with but if you plan on doing short term trading on the 1min chart and scalping for small moves you are going to encounter a bigger spread than a lot of other brokers offer. If you aren’t trading on a short time frame then you probably haven’t noticed it and probably aren’t concerned about it. The positives of FXCM are that they have a great platform arsenal and that they have a lot of third party partnerships among other cool things. I like them for longer term trades and they don’t charge commission like some other FX brokers do. Just thought I would put the word out to you though, just trying to be helpful.

Cheers

That sucks, but seems to be a recurring problem with your trades amy. Time to pull tp a bit closer?

Yeah that’s my old problem too, now I’m taking profit at FTA everytime if not take full profit. Do that for a bit until I get the hang of the market again. This month has been a bit rough on me.

The pin & 2BR didn’t seem to pan out . GJ is a wild horse that I tend to avoid.

lol, it’s not call the “BEAST” for no reason. Takes an experienced stable hand to break that pair in.

GJ is BOSS to trade, sell that Sh*t if the current level doesn’t hold, if it breaks above the high, then I would think about buying, but so far I got no signal to either buy or sell.

EJ is making a pretty nice sell atm though.

Here is a quick look at GJ on the daily.

You can see it has formed a bearish looking pin bar after that drop, so a break of the low of the pin would signal a sell, so it has broken the low on the daily, so on H4, I will be keeping an eye out for sell signals.

Price is trapped within a tight space at present and chances of a breakout at some stage are inevitable (obviously).

So working out which way it will break is the hard part, to do that we go to H4 and see how price is reacting to the levels.

So now on H4 you can see a double bottom, but this is not valid until the neckline breaks and we get a close above it on H4 and a signal to go long (IB)

So far, to me it does look bearish, and if it closes below the upper TL, I will be willing to sell, if not, I will wait for a clear break and join the trend once an IB shows.

Currently, it is displaying a 2 bar at resistance (also below neckline of double bottom)

[QUOTE=“darthfrancis;613741”] That sucks, but seems to be a recurring problem with your trades amy. Time to pull tp a bit closer? Yeah that’s my old problem too, now I’m taking profit at FTA everytime if not take full profit. Do that for a bit until I get the hang of the market again. This month has been a bit rough on me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you’ve got a point, maybe am tryin too much to squeeze pips? taking full profit at FTA a, good way of building the account up again… However Now S&P back up to where it was maybe I shoulda clung on??? Annoying

here’s my latest - short from daily pin from key resistance on GBPCHF

three positions with three take profit areas

I disagree with this setup for the following reasons.

Weekly (Look at the first TL I have drawn…)

1. Not at a swing high
  2. Double bottom and break of neckline on H4
  3. Needs to retrace to the weekly TL from which it broke out, or retrace close to it…

If you are waiting to enter on the daily, I doubt you will get triggered, I am going to say it will break the high of the pin on Monday or Tuesday (Educated guess)

Cheers,
Adam

Here are a few videos that might help people out with IB trading and how to take profit, hopefully Aaron doesn’t mind :slight_smile: I prefer to make videos than write it all out as I think a visual explanation is easier to follow.

Hopefully this shows that inside bare are very profitable if traded properly, and should not be ignored as an IB is basically a range on the lower TF and a breakout will occur.

Gold H4 Trade - Live Setup - 11th March 2014 - YouTube

XAUUSD Buy Hard! - YouTube

Shellin Thurs 13th 2014 - YouTube

ScreenFlow6 - YouTube

Check all the trades I called in the videos, I think most of them worked out pretty well :slight_smile:

NOTE: I am not advertising, trying to sell a product, coaching, signals… if you message me about anything like that, I will not reply…

Hi Adam

Appreciate your comments. I don’t tend to use trend lines as I think they are too open to interpretation. See chart attached which would seem to support this gbpchf trade. Trend line break and retest of broth trend line and res level

If the pin doesn’t break in my favour then I won’t have lost anything I have a good buffer and I will avoid a losing trade…