Price Action That Matters

High risk events for week of 4/27

Thanks Aaron, this is clear nowā€¦

weird but none of BAā€™s charts are showing up on his old postsā€¦is that just me? shame dudeā€¦

Hi Aaron

Itā€™s end of April. Am sure you know of this saying: sell in May & go away. There is also the World Cup from 12 Jun to 13 July. Do we expect the markets (both fx & stocks) to be relatively quiet during the periods? :eek:

Henry

Henry, I havenā€™t noticed any significant change in price volatility based on the time of year. You will randomly have lull periods and then have very active periods.

Hi Aaron,

I hope this doesnā€™t take us off topic, but re your post above some time ago, are there any resources, links to sites you could recommend to anyone who would like to teach themselves MQL4?

Thanks

I only use MQL4 documentation center. In terms of programming frameworks it is one of the easiest I have ever used. It uses C but the guys that created MT4 wrote the MQL4 library which is a large set of functions for using indicators and managing trades. Also if you download MT4, it will have some sample EAs that you can reference to get started. You can get your feet wet by writing a simple moving average EA and doing some backtesting practice on. If you do write some code and are having troubles, send it my way and I will be more than happy to help out.

I have an EA thread on this forum if you want to talk more about EAs. It is the ā€œ400 million in 5 yearsā€ thread.

Regards,
Aaron K.

thanks aaron - youā€™re a legend.

Hey guys, whats up? I havenā€™t been on the forums in a good while due to lack of time and just canā€™t be bothered really lol.

Got time again, so gona hang around for another while.

Anyone in any nice trades?

Markets I trade have been pretty quite recently, got a nice trade on WTI oil at the moment and shelled on GJ and Gold this week, other than that, not much. Oh, also got a buy on S&P 500.

Hey adam, I am in a trade right now, I will post results with analysis once I close it out.

Nice nice, I am just waiting on this H4 candle closing on GJ and UJ to get more confirmation before I set my orders, I got a feeling this move could be big, but maybe not.

[B]EURNZD 2BR - 3.5 Star Quality[/B]

Pros
*Nice large 2BR
*Formed at a key level
*Good R:R setup

Cons:
*Multiple areas of minor resistance(noise) for price to get hung up on

GJ looks like a good setup d1 beeb off S/R, tp to rising tl.

Hi, is the entry point a 50% retracement for a 2BR like in pinbar entries?

Yes, given the size of the 2BR, a retracement entry really made sense in this case.

Yes, I also noticed that one. If the trend lines breaks which is entirely possible, there could be some larger movements down.

Cons are itā€™s (i) counter-trend plus (ii) going against ascending triangle?

Thanks for the kind words, guys. As much as I enjoy my job, I always believe that being your own boss is infinitely better than being bossed around. But well, itā€™s the necessary evil until Iā€™m ready to lead my own firm. :smiley:

On the side note, I have indeed passed my CMT level 1 exam last week! Yay! Just one tiny baby step, but Iā€™m getting there. Someday, Iā€™ll once again be active on this thread and help everyone with my knowledge and experience on Wall Street. :wink:

Cheers!
W

This isnā€™t a counter trend, please re-read my article on trends.

Whatever way the triangle decides to break, my guess is the move will be big.

Hey man,

This is my view.
This ainā€™t counter trend, the market is currently ranging.

About the wedge, there is no set rule as to what side a wedge has to breakout, generally speaking, an uptrend, and a wedge = upside breakout, downtrend = downside breakout. Given the GJ, it has been in an uptrend for some time now (big picture), but to validate a buy, I would be looking for a solid break of the trend line on either side, and then I will take my position once I get the signal to do so.

The move will be BIG! My GUESS is that it will break to the upside, but I have no bias. I will take anything I see good to trade.