Price Action That Matters

well see how you go. better to make money than to lose money so if you aiming high best to take profit along the way.

google it.

darth

Heā€™s line are fine actually there perfect, that is a perfect example of a wedge/ pennant whatever lol. But just because its a pattern doesnā€™t mean it will work out. But great spot.

'best

darth

Yes. That made bank, there was a nice inside bar entry signal on H4 :slight_smile: Not really a wedge btw, more or a channel/bear flag. Hit TP 1 and 2, waiting for 2 to be hit if it makes it that far.

VSA is volume spread analysis and is the study of volumes and the relation between them and candle stick spread and wicks. You can tell a lot using volumes, though most people donā€™t understand how to use them, yet I see so many people with them on their charts, and think because there is a pin bar and spike in volume, that means it will work. Not true, there is so much more, volume divergance, no supply/no demand candles, pump and dump (which creates huge spikes in volume).

What you need to understand is, volume is not the actual quantity traded, but the number of transactions that took place in the given candle. When trading VSA there are a few things you need to understand, and some main principles, there is accumulation, markup, distribution, re-accumulation, markdownā€¦ and so on. I wouldnā€™t recomend using VSA though, it is hard to master, plus, you can tell everything from candle sticks and the patterns they make without using volumes. It just takes sometime to learn, but is possible.

Hope all that makes sence :slight_smile:

There is no right or wrong way to draw trend lines. Everyone draws them differently, I just use them as a guide for trading, and never take them too ā€œseriouslyā€ though you do need to take note of them.

Here are my TLā€™s for NSDUSD. This is an H4 chart, the horziontal levels are my SL, Entry, TP 1 and TP 2 (3 not hit yetā€¦ so not inculding it on chart.

Right click image, copy image location and paste it into a new browser window to view full screenā€¦

Again, here is another trade on Gold.

Given the daily pin bar, I took this IB at the high, was showing weakness to me with the hanging men candles and candles with low spread.

Red lines are entry, SL, TP 1,2 and 3ā€¦

Img link - http://puu.sh/cnpfu/339a49bd8c.png

yeah that was a good one banked 1300 pips on gold today. shame it didnā€™t cover my losses. which go to show pips really mean nothing.

'best

darth

2 words, money managment

that and gold pips value are small lol :wink:

darth

Hey Adam just looking at this trade I take it with your strategy that an IB isnā€™t invalidated even if price initially breaks the other way past the high of the mother candle? I guess Iā€™m looking at the IB you took at the top of that channel with the little pink squares above and below it.

Hey mate,

No, sometimes price can break the high then continue to fall, but the IB i traded isnā€™t the one you are looking at i thinkā€¦ its this one.

Sometimes, if say you get a very long wick, or big mother bar, you find price does tend to break the opposite way to trigger what I call ā€œnewbsā€ then continues to go in the direction I want it to. For example, this happened on SP a while back, see the screeny.

You can work out what direction it is going to break by studying the momentum, candle spread, candle stick formations/patterns and wicks.

The arrow is the IB, the thumb up is the entry I took, basically giving me a 60 pip stop, for a 270 TP 1, 450 for TP 2 and 740 for TP 3.

All my TPā€™s are worked out using a mathmatical formula which is near enough 100% accurateā€¦ to the pip.

OK gotcha. IBā€™s arenā€™t my thing, Iā€™ve tried to trade them a variety of ways over the years without so much success but ended up trading PBā€™s and EBā€™s and a PB/EB combo which suits me fine but I love all types of PA trading and am always keen to look at other ways of trading PA so Iā€™ll keep an eye on your IB posts as they do interest me.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

You should spend some time and learn to trade them, once you get it, you wonā€™t look back, it is really easy to make a lot of money very fast once you have the technique sorted as IBā€™s occur on such a frequent basis. My style is high win rate, lower R:R. So I have over an 80% win rate, which keeps me well in profit. You need a 65% win rate minimum to trade my strategy, but it is possible for anyone to do if the time is put into learning to trade IBā€™s. Remember, just like any PA, not all IBā€™s are tradable, and you need to study the way price moves into the IB, how it acts within the MB and patternsā€¦

Cheers,
Adam

Potential channel trade on USDCAD h4
Engulfing bar inside bar closed within channel

Probably can take trade at market price since its already broken slightly and then target top of channel

May even be a reverse head and shoulder pattern where the engulfing bar formed if you look at it a certain way

Hey guys

Just wanted your opinions on how one would trade the following situation.

Its a GBPAUD chart Daily timeframe

I know either two things could happen. One would be a breakout move lower due to the lower highs that have been forming following the decline trend line

Or It could break the trend line and move upwards.

Now the way I see it is the following

Since a pin bar has formed, it shows a false breakout attempt. Since this attempt happened so close to the point where my horizontal support and trend line connect, this gives me an impression this might be best to take long.

for me i would have to wait for bullish confirmation before going long.

'best

darth

Do you mind sharing what you mean by bullish confirmation? Is that just a candle closing above the pin bar that is bullish?

Pin bar closed within previous candle, at support level, wick 3 times length of bodyā€¦ buy buy buy lol.

Na, that pin looks BS, you need to wait for something better, could just be a slowdown in bearish momentum, but for me, there is nothing to trade there. Thats more of a flag pattern, but again, you need to wait for more confirmation that it is going to go up, otherwise you are putting your account at risk.

Pin bars, engulfing candles, imo are BS, most of the time they are just showing a slow down in momentum, and I usually trade them in the opposite direction that they are ā€œsupposedā€ to be traded lol.

Good luck anyway :slight_smile:

Adam,

I didnā€™t take that trade because I realized it was a downward channel and would not take it long due to momentum going down anyway.

Your confirmation would be a bullish inside bar right after correct?

These patterns do work, but conditions have to be optimal.

I seen your videos and understand your method. The hard part is knowing if that inside bar is bullish or bearish as there shapes are confusing for me at the moment. But from what i understand, if a mother bar has a long upper wick while hitting resistance and an inside bar forms, you would take that short?