Price Action That Matters

Yes and no, you just need to wait for some form of bullish signal, be it an IB at a low, or an IB after the breakout.

Inside bars are quite hard to trade, wicks do play a nig part, but take for example EJ today, it banked pretty hard, there was a long upper wick, but die to the actual inside bar the way it closed and formed, it was a buy signal, now, if the IB had a lower wick and not upper wick, and closed red, then I would have sold it…

Img link - http://puu.sh/cyh30/f094aec45f.png (It did close bullish, just hard to see unless you zoom way in)

EJ moved because of the [B]BoJ’s decision to increase economic easing[/B]. To pretend otherwise is completely and utterly foolish.

BoJ’s decision was totally independent of the direction in which your IB closed (which was certainly bearish on a few different brokers).

BoJ announces more aggressive easing. Fundamentals are changed: the future expected value of the Yen falls. Other currencies grow stronger relative to the Yen. Hence EJ is bullish in response.

Please don’t pretend like your silly “system” predicted or influenced the outcome of a [B]completely independent event[/B]. Your entries are no better than a coin toss and your posts are made with the benefits of hindsight.

Haters gona hate, ballers gona ball, I know which I am…
Jealousy is a *****

I am here to help people if they got questions, not take **** from some idiot who only knows how to put people down. It’s people like you who will never suceed.

Good Luck anyway, when you blow your accounts and go bust, you are more than welcome to ask me for a loan to pay your rent for the next 10 years.

Oh, and for the record, a coin toss has a 50/50 outcome, which works out to be 50% if you didn’t already know that, my “silly system” has an 80%+ win rate, which is 80/100.

Ah, gambler’s fallacy at it’s finest. My post wasn’t for you. It was for the people you are misleading with some correlation = causation rubbish. Also, nobody cares about the house you inherited from mum and dad. It doesn’t make you a “baller.” Stop trying to act like you earned it from trading. You’re a kid with a lucky situation and money to burn playing around in the Forex market.

Your “system” has a high win rate because your take profits are less than the distance to your stops. It looks like you’re using Fibs of the mother candle for profit targets as far as I can tell, so your first target would be the 161. Since the risk:reward is skewed, a coin flip is not a good analogy since a coin flip has two equal probability and opposite magnitude rewards. But you’d know that if you had a better grasp of statistics than a high school kid.

First target is the 161, you’re certainly one of those people that sets “buffers” on the entry and take profit because you believe that the banksters are trading the same way and they’re trying to fake you out. Those buffers easily warp your risk:reward right around to 2:1, which with a completely random entry would leave you with a win rate of 66%. A few extra pips of buffer here and there, some early close-out trades, a little luck, and some exaggeration on your part can easily lead to your “80% win rate”.

I could have a 99% win rate if I set a TP of 1 pip and a SL of 100 pips. Win rate means nothing. Net profitability is everything, and the fact that you go around touting your win rate (exactly like Fox and his cronies) and not your expectancy shows that you don’t have much of anything.

My mum and dad havn’t gave me anything, I was actually brought up in a family with not much money… And Yes, my TP is less that my stop, does that matter? No. I am profitable, and have been for over 3 years. I don’t care what bankers are doing lol, they mean nothing to me. You need to set buffers due to spread…

Oh, can you show me the calculation that leads you to believe I have a 66% win rate?

Go annoy someone else, or say something productive.
Thanks.

Oh, and for the record, here is EJ…

Come on mate, you’re in a thread called “Price Action That Matters”. If you don’t want to positively contribute to a technical analysis conversation there are many other threads discussing fundamental analysis that you can join.

Half of what anyone says on any forum is a load of **** (trading or other) but just take it with a grain of salt, or counter with some positive arguments.

I’m confused what your trying to gain? seriously enlighten me.

Adam is the real deal and do you see a price tag anywhere or webpage asking for your membership, the answer is no. why do you think that is?

He’s sharing a method that he’s spent time refining over years and the first thing you do is attack. what a joke!

And why are you loitering around a price action thread when you obviously believe in what the banks want you to believe not what the market is actually saying.

It’s not about technical versus fundamental. Neither can consistently predict market direction better than a monkey with a coin. It’s about taking the opportunity to point out some B.S. for anybody reading the thread who might otherwise be impressed by his posts made with the benefit of hindsight, but doesn’t pay attention to fundamentals so couldn’t draw that conclusion for themselves.

Just laying out what I see on the table in black and white. If anyone bought into his ramblings, that BoJ decision right there was a perfect example of why you shouldn’t be. I have no personal stake in the matter.

No, I don’t. That doesn’t mean I can’t call what I see for what it is. That doesn’t mean a price tag isn’t coming in the future. All wannabe marketers have to start by building a following. Who cares, I’m just speculating now.

Whether what he is sharing is of any worth is up to the individual reader to determine. If you are searching for consistent profits, I would suggest you move along.

Lol. The market isn’t banks versus retail traders. Get that out of your head. They could care less about the paltry pittance of the market which consists of retail positions. The market isn’t “saying” anything. The market is neutral.

Ahhh, the killer word, speculation…

Anyway, I know I am profitable, you know I am profitable, you just can’t admit it, Darth has seen I am profitable in live videos, I have posted trading history screenshots here numberous times, but, as for a price tag, I wouldn’t waste my time teaching anyone for less than 100k, apart from those who I already teach… and am doing so for FREE

Other than that, I was going to post some setups that I took today, but, since you think no-one cares, I will just leave it

Out of interest, are you a profitable trader? If so, how do you trade? (I couldn’t care less if you tell me to mind my own business, end of the day, I know trading is a business, and some people like to keep things to themselves)

Oh, and the market says everything :wink: You just can’t see it

How about this, there is an IB on EJ, GJ, UJ, Gold, WTI Oil, EA and GA. I am trading 5 of those setups, if EJ breaks the low, I am in, if it reverses, I cover my losses and still profit, GJ, also down, UJ, undecided atm, Gold, waiting some more confirmation and same with EA.

[B]EDIT - Inside bars never lie[/B]

Oil

Please, tell me again how inside bars and price action doesn’t work…

It’s only a sample size of one, so take it as you will, but ever since studying IB’s, taking notes from what Adam has been sharing, I’ve gone from hopelessly unprofitable to being in a rather comfortable position coming out net positive nearly every day.

Take nothing on faith. Do some backtesting. You’ll see IB patterns keep repeating themselves over and over…

IMO fundamentals don’t really mean much in this junk market. Predictable human behaviour is everything BUT if you can successfully trade off fundamentals then more power to you. Each to their own.

agreed, for me i’ve have honestly up and down for awhile but last month i made 25% on this system alone and 10% the month before i’m honest I lost it all down to over confidance. But thats me and my bag not the system. I’m on a break to get my head straight because I’m a trader for life not for a week. And pyschology is what seperates the men from the boys and I’m in the adulucent phase lol.

'best

darth

This quote sums you up. you have soo much to learn. I’m willing to teach you if you ready to listen.

darth

Thats good to hear! (the profit part :P)

I still have not got my head around Adam’s method.

Its not complicated, but it does take a while to have that ‘oh i get it’ moment.

I will have to go over his videos again this weekend. I still have to figure out which direction the IB says to go and which ones to take. So pretty much I need to know it all still. But i will get it eventually.

Hey Darth, if you’re having psychology issues then I can highly recommend The Psychology of Trading: Tools and Techniques for Minding the Markets by Brett Steenbarger. Gives actionable help on acting rationally rather than emotionally during a trading session.

There’s also the obvious Trading In The Zone as well, which is excellent.

with everything time, practice and patience will prevail. The hard part is reading everything the chart is saying as the ib setup can play a small part of the trade direction or everything.

'best

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check it out. Yeah started in the zone but never finished. For me I’ve been soild at it non stop for so long and when I acutally started doing REALLY well i let it go to my head and started paying less attention to the PA. but man it was sweet 6 weeks 38 positions or 25 trades won in a row, 35% gained… but NVM lesson learned be it an expensive one.

So here’s to next week fellas.

'best

darth

Talking about coin tosses, if you did trade using a coin toss doesn’t mean your win rate would be 50% as each trade has a 50/50 outcome so you could loss every trade technically. I just had to get that off my chest lol.

I would gladly accept that offer and give my sincerest apologies to you if you can prove that you consistently produce 30% returns per year or more.

Nope. I am a profitable investor. Currencies are a small part of my portfolio.

Well I’m a scientist, so empirical evidence speaks to me pretty well. Unfortunately through all of my experimenting and searching I have not found a single shred of evidence to support the fact that one can consistently profit from active trading.

Yes, you’re talking about deviation. The average win rate of all participants in aggregate (and most individually) will be 50% though. Some flippers would go broke by virtue of “bad luck”. Others would make it big by sheer “good luck”. It’s a normal expected distribution.