Price Action That Matters

I know indicators are not really used with PA.

However, just based on my experience, you can use divergence with rsi or something to help ‘support’ what you are trading. For example if you see new higher highs and lower lows, you think trend is now going up. You can ‘support’ this with divergence saying same thing.

Although traders can learn this easily without indicators, I feel indicators can help give you confidence in some situation especially when you are new

Trend is up when new higher highs and lower lows ???:frowning:

oops sorry!

i mean trend is signalling its going up when higher highs and higher lows are forming :slight_smile:

It reminded me of a careless mistake several years ago: clicked Sell when I meant to Buy :17::17:

ouch. been there.

Since then I make it a point to not take any phone calls… etc when placing orders :19:

well i never (99.9%)get into that position nowadays as only set stops orders or on a rare occasion limit orders. never press buy or sell man unless your system is gambling.

just sayin

@best

darth

A belated Merry Christmas & a Happy & Prosperous New Year to all in this community!

May PEACE & BLISS be with you always ! :23: :57: :40:

I don’t see how manually opening position is related to gambling. If one wants to gamble, one can do it in anyway, pending orders included of course.

What really matter is you always, always have a clear reason to enter.

<… always, always have a clear reason to enter> all traders shd always remember this :35:

Interesting to see if SP500 will reverse soon:

EUR/JPY h1 entry on h1 pin/doji. Stop 20 pips, now sitting at +50 so it’s over 2R now.

Still deciding if I should hold in case it makes another fall… Since I BE’d it already so I’ll just hold on to it I suppose.

If it does drop, this trade will net me somewhere around 14R. Worth the risk no?

Go for it, man ! May go to 145.70 or even 145.35

One can only wish! :35: Sitting at 105 pips (5R) now.

Wish will come true :57:

Yea, really nice spike down! decided to take profit and will look for chance to sell it again after a rally.
Risking 20 to make 170 (8R) was nice!

Hello new to this thread and new to price action. I wanted to ask that when you see a price action candle stick like pin bar or engulfing bar than do you simply take the trade on the close of that candle stick or do you wait for the next candle to close in your favour?
And secondly what is the difference between a hammer and a pin bar?

Hey aniskazi.

Where you enter would be entirely up to your personal preference. These are just my personal opinion.

1. Waiting for next candle close I say would widen your stoploss too much.
    The wider your stop = the smaller position you can open = less profit.

A good way for starter, IMO, is to enter when price break out of the signal candle in the right direction. Common way to do this is to set pending orders. You’ll get much smaller stop size.
Smaller stop = larger position for the same risk = more profit

Now not recommended for beginner is to take that concept even further… here’s me waiting for price to re-test the high of the pin to enter with an even smaller stop.

tiny stop = can open even larger position = 1 win can cover quite a number of loses.
This is my primary method of entry these days. I won’t always be right and will take loses here and there. But when 1 win can cover 8-9 loses, it doesn’t really matter.

Hi

Anyone know what happened with Krugman25? He did not post here for half a year and his website is down, domain free to register. I hope he is all right, no cancer or other accident.

S&P500 could not break the upper trend channel line but reversed. Broke 2 trend lines. Major support around 1970, confluence of previous swing low & 200SMA. This is the ominous 3rd attempt to reverse the up trend. Let’s see how it unfolds at that level.