Price Action That Matters

Thanks again Krugman for another awesome and informative article. Very useful information here, thanks for your hard work!

BA

Hey Aaron

Thanks for the great article it really helped me pick up a thing two about s/r I thought I had right.

Are you planning on giving us more details /insights about how to draw trend lines or can you refer an article for that?

Regarding horizontal s/r do you plot them on daily no matter the tf? I got used to switching to lines view instead of candlestick and put horizontals on D1 TF

I think so,
We are very appreciate with what have they done in this thread…
Keep on our way guys…

I do plan on giving each one of those S/R tools their own article regarding specific details on how to use them. My 3rd step is finding price action actions. In that post I will also briefly cover each PA candlestick(s) and pattern, but you can count on detailed articles to come out regarding each specific PA signal.
Trend lines are the hardest to do right so I can understand why you are wanting more details on them. The best I can say without going into lots of details is make sure you choose large and obvious swings, and don’t draw lines through price.
When marking horizontal S/R, I used the daily and weekly charts to mark my major S/R levels. If I am taking a trade on the lower timeframe, I will sometimes mark obvious S/R at those levels also and market them is “minor” resistance. These are areas I will watch for warning signals or potential areas to move my SL to once price has broken through. If switching to line view helps you draw lines, that is fine but make sure you move back to your candlestick view to be watching for price action.

Thank you so much Aaron. This is a very good article, I do bookmark this page so that I can refer again next time. Nice and clear explanation.

Shane.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks very much for another great lesson. As we are talking about sr lines, I have a general question on price behavior. Is it correct to say that price tends to stick around support or resistance area but quite often moves rather fast when “traveling” from one area to the next one ?

Yves

Not sure if it’s the best CAD pair (haven’t analyzed all CAD pairs yet), but the NZDCAD pair seems to be a nice setup. See screenshot for my trading plan.

this has for sure been my observation and my “logic” behind it is that, between areas, there is one clear winner and no real batter so price will move freely until the next S/R area when another battle will take place.

Now, based on that observation, I was thinking why not get into a trade right in the middle between S/R zone in the same way of the flow ? that should give you very high probability of having a winner although the number of pips would be less.

thank you for your thoughts

I am glad you liked it and got some good value out of it! Just so you know, on the first page of this thread on post #11. I have a quick navigation area where I link to all article, videos and important posts made. It may be easier for everyone to bookmark that post and then use it to get to the important areas of this thread.

Yes, I believe that is true. If price is already in momentum it tend to stay in momentum until some sort of resistance or support area is hit. Price sticks around those S/R areas for a while because momentum has to completely shift from price to go back in the other direction. This happens through a shift in the balance of supply and demand, which can take a while.

The biggest reason is that the top and bottom of that S/R zone act as support and resistance. So if PA forms inside or below the zone, you now have to break back up and through that zone before you trade can run. It’s best when only the wick pierces through the zone and the body of the candle sits on top of it. Many candle retracement entries are taken inside that zone, which makes the setup of risky.

I wanted to let everyone know that I started a beginners thread to compliment what I am teaching here. If you find that this thread gets too deep or advanced don’t hesitate to head over to that thread. Everything will be the same as here, but the S/R tools, candles, patterns and topics discussed are smaller and more focused on the foundational aspect of PA trading. Otherwise just stop over there and show your love :stuck_out_tongue:

Krugman, how do you refer to a particular post with a link like you are doing on page 11?

It is the hyperlink button in the reply box, it looks like a world with a little chain on it.

test

[test](http://test)

And since Aaron is too humble to link to his own thread and got me looking for it for like 5 to 10 min here it is

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/58208-price-action-matters-beginners.html

:smiley:

Guys I am really confused about this AUDUSD Daily chart it shows 2 successive fakekey setups one bearish followed by one bullish…

I know the best thing to do is pass it and that’s what I will do but I am just wondering about it all since an order on the bearish would have been triggered and now near SL.

A part from the fact that the pin-bar is small is there anything I missed ?

I was also watching it. I don’t trade fakey setups that are again the trend or momentum, but if they are at a key level I will stand on the sideline to see which way price breaks. After the bearish fakey, then an inside bar formed, and then a bullish pinbar fakey. At this point we now have a fresh PA signal that is bullish with the trend, and in my book is now tradable, I pretty much disregard the previous fakey. Since price hasn’t broken out of the mother bar yet, I am going to be setup up a retracement entry at .9430 with SL @ .9380, and TP around @ .9528, for a RR scenario of 1:3.
Hope that helps.

Haha, I linked from there to here, not just the other way around.

This could turn out nice but I actually believe the CADJPY weekly has the best setup. Most of these other trades with be CT, but the CADJPY is a range. Only thing is it’s a weekly instead of a daily chart setup, and some people prefer daily’s. BTW great job on the screenshot, you nailed exactly what I want to see in all future screenshot posts. Pro’s & Cons, with quality rating. This will help keep the thread from becoming a signal service and help you grow in your analysis skills.

The fakey setup and every other setup to be valid and with high probability, it has to form at the correct level/area, but in this case it has formed in the middle of nowhere. You just see bulls fighting with bears, because there is another important resistance above or I would say area. The recent trend is bullish as it is making higher highs and higher lows, it has broken key resistance area at 0.93000, then formed a pullback and BUEB on D2 time frame, the momentum is obviously on bullish side and that’s why these fakey setups fail there.

AUD/USD D1

AUD/USD D1 (Zoomed in)

Richard