Price Action That Matters

I agree with Shane’s analyse. Retracement is inexistant. That would mean using a bearish pinbar as a continuation signal instead of reversal.

But I still wanted to add, well done for daring to post your first chart, it is not an easy thing to do. And beside the lack of retracement issue, there was a lot of good in your analyse which shows that you are getting the overall concept.

Yves

This is my real chart. But problem is I think it’s not ny close. I think it’s london or something. So, I know I’m breaking the rules here, but just take a look anyway. That’s why I went to Aaron’s marketscope broker and posted it originally from that.

Bear with me. I’m practicing putting up charts.
Look at that volumn spike bar at the end. I would like to know if you guys have anything like that on your charts.

Here’s a close up. On my real chart.

Practicing again.

My chart looks the same but I don’t have the volume spike. Now that I look at it more carefully, it wasn’t a pinbar, be careful ! Check my profile picture for acceptable pinbars. (at least it can be useful sometimes.)

Thanks Yves.
I hear ya loud and clear.
I’m not gonna do anything with this. Just have it on my “watch list”.
BTW… I appreciate all of your posts around here!
It’s nice having big brothers around.

You are welcome mate. =) And 1 more thing , always trade with the trend , trend is our best friend ~

Thanks very much for the great feedback ! it means a lot to me as it isn’t that long ago when I posted my first chart just like you !

I just checked my chart too. All the candles are alike except the last spike of volume. My volume indicator doesn’t show any spike there

There you go, if anyone hasn’t got a trading plan yet(written down and not in your head) this is what you can start with.
Cheers

Volume spikes like that could be an error from time to time and is most likely going to get readjusted once market opens.
Nonetheless I hope it get’s higher I was scalping long since 0.8904.(saw an easy opportunity an took it).

Cheers

Don’t worry. Big brother is watching you. Haha… :smiley:

Hello everyone. My name is Alex. I am very new to Forex, have only 4 months experience. This is my first post here, however I have been reading this forum for couple of months. Obviously I am on demo account :slight_smile:
I have few spots for oncoming week. Would like to ask for any comments and advice. Thank you in advance.

First pair is EUR/USD, daily.

Seems to me EUR might go up. We have 2 broken, major resistance levels (purple lines). It was very strong resistance zone, unbroken since end of year 2011. As we know dollar was and still is struggling, mostly because of government shutdown. Most of economic reports after approved weakness of dollar. It might means there is no fuel for dollar to reverse. Euro zone is getting stronger or at least is more stabilised. Either weekly and daily charts shows that.

I was thinking to do pending order. Green lines shows “what” and “when”.
Wait until price will go down in last resistance zone and buy EUR. I hope I will get more clear sign after Monday candle shows up.
Pros:
Trading with trend
Broken strong resistance level
Weak dollar and so signs for change

Cons:
Not sure… I am little afraid of possible resistance at 1.40000 level.

What do you think?
Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex

Welcome to the thread, just looking at your charts and wondered what signal you are seeing to make you want to enter these?

BA

My second pair is USD/JPY. I have spotted this about 2 weeks ago and still waiting for clear sign which way it may goes… I saw this spot in one of babypips blog as well. Waiting for more clear sign.

BA
Well, I am waiting until Monday candle shows up. I don’t see clear signal yet, but price action. Hope to see more tomorrow evening.

Ever wanted to know what the market is doing before your broker opens ? What is the gap going to look like ?

Forex Rates | Live Forex Rates | Cross Currency Pairs | FX Rate | Exchange Rates UK

Hey Alex, I noticed you posted a pennant and symmetrical triangle pattern. I don’t know if you will trade them as patterns on just enter on the trend line breakout of if you will wait for a price action candlestick signal but an important thing to note with these patterns is if price stays contained within the pattern past the 2/3 mark, they have a weaker breakout and much higher chance of a false break. In both of the patterns you posted price is almost to the apex, so they have really lost their edge as patterns. What I am expecting is price to break out, and then pull back to the apex, generally the apex will act as a S/R line and you can trade a price action candlestick from this level for a high probability setup. I will post a picture if I get a chance today.

I think what he is saying is correct but maybe he didn’t word it the best. I think he was also talking about 2 different things. Let me rephrase it. When you drop to timeframes below the daily, the qualities of your signal must increase. This is because your trades are more at risk of short term volatility and your stop losses are tighter, and more susceptible to being hit. This higher risk of low time frame trades means we need larger and more obvious signals to mitigate the risk. This simple means I hold my lower timeframe trades at a higher standard. This is the same mindset when trading a CT trade. To achieve a 5 star quality trade on a CT trade, the signal must be much larger and well define, because there is much more risk to mitigate in a counter trend trade, than a trade with the trend.

The second thing he mentioned was weekly charts. It is price volatility that helps create the big and obvious price action candles we are looking for. As you go higher in time frame, you are absorbing and watering down a lot of the volatility that happens at the lower time frames. The size and definition of a signal becomes less important the higher you go. As a matter of fact I know some traders who trade the monthly/quarterly charts just touch trading S/R levels. Everything about higher time frame charts is inherently safer. The reason why the lower time frame charts are attractive is that you can get in a trade using a smaller signal, but you can still TP at the daily/weekly S/R levels and achieve those large RR setups.

[QUOTE=“Piping Hot;556845”]Ever wanted to know what the market is doing before your broker opens ? What is the gap going to look like ?

Forex Rates | Live Forex Rates | Cross Currency Pairs | FX Rate | Exchange Rates UK[/QUOTE]

Hi Piping

Thanks for this, looks like a handy tool to keep tabs on the market over the weekend. Will bookmark this!

Hi krugman,
I would expecting breakout as well, but didn’t think about pull back… This is my lack of experience. After possible pull back wait for action candlestick and than go for trade.
I have 2 more spots for this week, will try post it tonight.