Price Action That Matters

Risk Events for Week of 10/27/2013

Sometimes it’s easier to see it laid out on a graph. The triangle apex can act as a S/R level in the case of price falling back after breakout. If you went long on the breakout, putting your S/L below the apex can be a logical spot. I showed the area where price would have needed to break out to have the highest probability of success. If it breaks out now, statistically it will be a weaker breakout and higher chance the breakout will reverse. If it does break out and reverse(blue line), you can watch for price action off of the apex.

I’m not sure if anyone else had their on this pin bar but it was one I was watching going into today. It was a pinbar that had formed off a nice trend line and horizontal area. The pin bar wasn’t amazing and the overall setup was ok, but it was a 2.5 - 3 star trade that I would have considered taking on a retracement. I see price has already shot higher before the market has opened. Even though it is an opportunity missed, traders should still keep there eyes on these types of signals and see how they play out as it helps to develop your price action trading skills.

Wow! I got your point, thx for that. I was thinking, how come you have last white pinbar on that chart and I don’t… And THAN I understood what live forex rates are for!

So correct me if im wrong, but if im in NY time zone, doesnt the week start at 5pm. On my 4hr charts i have a candle that is at 1300. I would think the first candle would be at 1700?. What am i missing here?

Hey BA !

It’s not that good. It used to show price movement during the weekend but it doesn’t anymore. It only starts about 2-3 hours before the average broker starting time.

I know previously someone already posted these setup.

I decided to take these 2 setups,

EURAUD weekly BUEB

Pros:
-formed at swing low
-recent up trend

Cons:
-minor resistance

4 stars

AUDCHF Weekly BEEB

Pros:
-down trend
-formed at swing high , within resistance area

Cons:
-there is a minor support causing R/R not so good (but with recent downtrend, I will move my SL to BE once it hit half profit)

4 stars

Shane

I have nothing negative to say about these setups. You seem pretty aware of the risk so it’s fine. The only question I have is: did you split the risk ?

Yes I did. =) Thanks for the reply

Hey Eternal, did you end up staying in that EURAUD trade over the weekend? If so it looks to be playing out in your favor right now.

I did with a fear of being gaped during the weekend but I didn’t close it, I stuck to the plan

Yes it turned green this morning hope it won’t reverse on me, there is a big upward pressure (although I feel it is giving in)

I would really love to hear your opinion on why you didn’t take the trade

USDCHF 12 Hour PinBar

USDCHF has been in a downtrend recently and broke resistance @ 0.9839 and then retraced to form a 12 hour pin bar rejected by both the horizontal S/R and the EMA 8

Pros

• With the trend
  • high time frame
  • confluence between EMA8 and horizontal S/R
  • nice R:R
  • volume increase on pin bar

Cons

• price has not be here in a long time so i am not really sure about my TP area

Rating 3.5/5

Cool analysis, EternalNewB.

My one comment would be that, taking into account how this support zone goes back to February 2012 as a long-term swing low, I would be hesitant to sell into it. Right before that pin bar, one perfect and one acceptable hammer formed, indicating at least a small range in which price might consolidate for now. More likely though, I suspect it to rise first from this support area before a next attempt at breaking it, if that is what price wants to do :slight_smile:

Take care and safe trading!

Thank you for the reply

You mean my S/R zone is too high ? because, for me, price closed below it (I am still struggling at time to have a correct S/R area)

but yes I do agree this zone has been much more a swing high than a swing low.

Hi, I’m Steve. I thought I’d just post a quick hello as I have just finished reading all the posts in the thread from the beginning.
Awesome job you’ve done Aaron and with your new website too which I’ve just signed up to.
Looking forward to much learning.
Cheers, Steve.

No I think your S/R is perfect but as is the case many times with these long-term support areas, price doesn’t necessarily respect them to the pip, so this price action so close to it might still signal a bullish move soon.

I will however have a good laugh if it just shoots down from here, anything is possible, all about probabilities and your trading edge! :slight_smile:

I see :slight_smile: Well it seems I need to learn about ‘hammers’ then :smiley:

I am prepared this time, a loss will not sting (yea I can say that with confidence this time)

Cheers

That’s great man, good luck and we’ll catch up with this one again soon.

Cheers!

Hello Steve and welcome :slight_smile:

Enjoy the PA ride, it might be bumpy but it sure is funny

Hello, friends!

If you use MT4 or MT5 you can install an indicator which will tell you the position relative to your Account Balance, The Risk in Percentage and your Stop Loss:

Position Size Calculator for MetaTrader

It is a very useful tool for commodities and others strange fx pairs if you don’t want to calculate the pip value.

Have a great week to you all!