PRICE ACTION TRADING with CANDLESTICKS

Shorted AU an hour or so ago.

GM Everyone, I closed my trades +235pips last night before going to bed. Happy and sad-ish.
Had I waiting until this morning I would have more than doubled that number, but happy to book profit. I had a rough week.

I am still working on my emotions and discipline and hope to continue to improve where I am weak. Will see what’s up today.

I also believe I will be reducing the number of pairs I am watching…its too much work.

I’m also learning to use MT4 and am quite timid :rolling_eyes:

Long AU reacting to 4H support zone.

Eye on EJ support

Long EJ 4H support. Learning to use this trade manager. Had bought earlier and all trades were closed out at 5% equity loss automatically. That’s good, but I have to make it a bit bigger for this tiny account until I can get to this ideal.

Watching this GU support zone.

EU in 4H zones reacting as well. Watching closely.

Trade Manager closed these for +36pips so. Back in though.

GU moved too fast. Got in on EU

UC in 4H Resistance Zone

Nice to bank some pips, but if you found yourself coming away with mixed emotions as you might have left some profit on the table, have you ever thought about scaling out? You could have closed half the position, trail the Stop to at least B/E on the remaining half and then take a look the following day? Just a thought, and the sort of thing I often do when I am ahead but think it might run further.

4 Likes

Thank you Simon!
I had to take some time away as I became very distracted from my strategy and started losing confidence. I personally don’t like scaling, but will consider any suggestion to improve my trading.

Thanks Again!

1 Like

I generally prefer a fixed Entry and TP, too. But occasionally when I think something might run or am unsure I use some scaling. Can give lovely free pips! But overall I’m a fixed parameters kind of guy.

Ok got you…, a combination of approaches.

How was your trading this week? Any of that confidence make it’s way back into your trading?

I wonder if maybe a set of trades went against you and starting making you second guess your strategy. Care to share?

You did say you’ve been at this for over a year. Even going at it that long could be hard to stay unemotional if you’re not seeing what you think is progress (rather than just a focus on profits).

Hi Snorolaxfx,

I have not been trading. More detoxing. I started incorporate another strategy into mine and that affected me. So spending some time refocusing before hitting the floor again…with the same strategy I started out with.

Good Morning Everyone. So I crashed this MT4 account and am not able to add a link to my previous MYFXBOOK PERFORMANCE in my first post.

So I guess I will have to add on each post. Funny enough, I thought I would be affected by the new leverage rules, so I switched broker and platform, and then got distracted with STRANGE STUFF.

Back to what I am comfortable with. So I will resume soon. Not yet happy with MT4, so until such time, cTrader for me.