Price change discrepency between myfxbook and tradingview

Why is there a discrepancy between the price changes displayed on tradingview and the ones shown on the myfxbook heatmap?

I suppose they get their data from different sources.

So I also guess this is a very big lesson as to the lack of transparency and uniformity across Forex.

Better off trading the highly regulated and transparent centralized market system of US Futures.

Forex is not a centralised market in the way that a stock market is. The prices we see are not even averages of all the prices across the globe, because there is no single agreed and regulated price for any currency.

This means it would be very strange if all data sources agreed on a forex pair price at any given moment in time.

1 Like

The key concept to understand is that they’re not two different prices for the same thing: they’re the prices of two different (albeit related) things.

1 Like

Could be time zones or just time offset? Older/newer data.

It can be different time zones, or different providers, nothing to dramatic probably. The news feed I get are always different from other people I know around the world. News that is for the 22nd for me can from the 21st for someone else, as an example. So price movement can be affected like that as well.