Problems with Oanda

Has anyone had any issues with using Oanda since their upgrade on 7th March 2020 ?

I have a ‘practise’ account with them, with a number of sub-accounts used for testing various Technical Analysis charts, but some of them seem to have been corrupted and are not accessible. I have trades running and

I have reported it to them, via email on Saturday, and via chart on Sunday and Monday, but they cannot offer me a solution yet, and said it will take a couple of days to just be reviewed. Doesn’t install me with confidence to part with real money with them.

Get a ‘500’ error when I log in their website and an error ‘The Account Specified does not exist’ error on some sub-accounts on the iPhone App.

Anyone have similar issues ?

What type of upgrade did they do; didn’t know that they even upgraded lol ; was it with the MT4 platform version etc. and was upgrade for US clients or Canadians etc.?

may be i already have seen this kind of post in ForexPace Army before last couple of days. wait i will inform as soon when confirmed. thanks.

its very recent incident , so in practical its really difficult to find anyone who already got the same experience.

I’ve Oanda in the past, Its a very decent broker. I only switched to Forexchief because of the freedom to scalp better. I am very sure the upgrade must have erased some of the records of demo accounts. You should be patient with them. Sh*t like this happens in other platforms every now and then.

I have seem a couple of other people report this on twitter, so I guess its not just isolated to my account.

Oanda issued a notice on their website about routine maintenance on Friday/Saturday (6th/7th), it was after this that I started seeing the errors.

I cannot access my account on the website, I get a ‘500’ error, and the iPhone App is giving me an error message of ‘The account specified does not exist’ on an number of my sub-accounts.

I cant make or maintain any trades on these. It ma be a practise account, but this is poor from Oanda, bearing in mind I reported this on Saturday by email, Sunday by chat and Monday by chat. Only response I got was that they would inform me via email, and it could take a couple of days. Still waiting…

Why would I invest my money using Oanda after this?

Being a software developer myself I have been part of many installations/upgrades/maintenance in the past. Shouldn’t run into problems like this if all the due-diligence and proper testing has been done.

I have found Oanda decent in the past and am sure they will sort this out soon.

I was “forced” to upgrade yesterday. Can’t remember the last time I did.
So far, no problems, but I don’t use it that hard.

I had an issue with my practice account a few weeks ago where it wasn’t displaying all my open positions. I reported it and they had it fixed within a few days. They must take priority with live accounts because I have had absolutely no issues with my live account over the last year and a half that I’ve been with them. They’ve been nothing but friendly and helpful, and call me as a courtesy every couple of months. I would not worry to much about depositing your money with them.

Haven’t had any issues with my demo account at all.