Professional Trader offering Free mentorship via Babypips chat room

Ymir… I wouldl ike to answer your questions, but am having a bit of a hard time understanding exactly where you are drawing your levels.

Could you please claifity with a chart?

Possibly with a letter denoting each of these moves, swings, and peaks you are referencing…so i know how to respond to your questions.

Jay

Amazing work Bucks I am always impressed. great contribution!!! I couldnt get it to install though.

My hourly chart is kinda cluttered, but I hope you still get what I want to ask.

These are the charts: Photo Album - Imgur

Basically I wonder, after, on the hourly chart, price reached the supply zone and stayed there for a while, did they hedge there longs and did this create the sudden down-move.

Then sold them partly off to rally and peak in order to hunt for s/l and break-out traders while holding there longs.
Then took more shorts, which they are now selling off at lows, possibly to fill the bankroll and break-trough the supply level, instead of bouncing of it again?

So I guess what I’m wondering is, could you explain in some detail how we can guestimate how much short and long positions are being held by institutions and how we recognize when they are being cashed in.
Or perhaps a better question would be, do you have a crystal bowl at home?

For example what to think of these consolidations?:

If I’m not making much sense, then forgive me, I’m still trying to learn this :).

Hmm, sorry bout this. It’s the source, so you must shrink wrap it into a text file with any name and extension [B]mq4[/B] in the folder experts/indicators. Then it should pop up after restart of your metatrader in the custom indi section.

If you need any more help, just let me know. :slight_smile:

Closed half the position on the eur/usd short from 1.3792 out for 40 pips.

profit 0.125%

Now cannot lose money on this trade.

Hi Jay , I saw your video, I am interested to learn from you, when is your next session, if you still want student I happy to become your student.I am in London please let me know when you will conduct the teaching in London time. Thanks for sharing and helping new trader like me.

sharebazar,

eremarket has stopped taking students for the time being…

He is though hosting a webinar tonight at 10pm EST (New York) if you want to join us…

Ok everyone…i’m setting up anymeeting.com and mikogo for the webinar now!

will post log in and links in the next 15 minutes!

Jay

Thanks jay! Appreciate all the effort you’ve put in for all of us! :slight_smile:

Glad it got postponed until tonight, wasn’t going to be able to make last night’s meeting.

TONIGHTS WEBINAR LOG IN INFO!

Starting Now! Use this link to go to the chat room:

TradingWebinar - AnyMeeting | Free Web Conferencing, Webcast and Webinar Service

You will need a seperate small application for screen sharing, mikogo (mikogo.com)

Once you download and install mikogo (should take less than 5 minutes), you can use this login to view the screen:

329-350-712

Hope to see you all there!

Jay

Great webinar! I really enjoyed it and am getting a gripe on how you approach and determine supply and demand levels.
Also the stuff about volume was intriguing to say the least, hope you’ll do it again sometime, and thanks a lot!

Took a lot in from the webinar tonight, thanks for getting that together for us Jay!

I will go through and finish reading the entire thread tonight so I can get caught up, but I was looking for way too strong of swings and was passing up a lot of valid pivot days on the chart.

Also the confirmation with volume on the futures and the COT readings is really good info to have on your side.

Thanks again!

Good from what i saw, guess i missed out on COT. Sorry I had just gotten back from hospital and passed out on pain killers. I am sure what i missed was amazing though.

I have included a screenshot, i drew the fibo from the weeks before. as marked by the period seperators. But i have no idea why your indicator draws it differently it takes the lower high than when we opened. is that Sunday data or something? Just checking.

Wow! From the conversations, it looks like I will learn a lot from it. I hope there is next time.

Hi PIPhanger, thanks for reply, I missed the session yesterday, went to bed it was 5:30 am in London, need to wake up early for the work. I will try my best to attend the next session.

Everything fine here:

The white lines are the period separators of the week. Last week high was ~ 14170, low ~ 136. :slight_smile:

Now you know why it didn’t work when you draw it by hand. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jay -

Could you review a trade setup I took on demo last night? Sorry, but charts always look like crap when I post them, I was hoping you could review this on one of your charts and tell me how it looks to you.

USD/CHF
Daily pivot low on 10/19 at .8949
Daily pivot high on 10/20 at .9080
Intraday on 10/20 price spiked up to .9009 before falling off sharply. (Looking at a 30 min chart)

Weekly R1 is .9001
Daily R2 is .8976
Previous Week’s high is .8960
(All signs point to overbought territory)

I set a short entry at .9000 (just under weekly R1
Stop Loss at .9020 (11 pips above the intraday swing high on 10/20, and an institutional number per ICT)
Profit Target at .8960 (Last week’s high)

London open triggered the entry and ended up pushing right through my SL making a high of .9030 before falling back down.

By no means am I looking to be right 100% of the time, all I am looking for is a bit of confirmation that I wasn’t missing anything when I did the analysis on this setup. Based on the daily and weekly pivots, last weeks high, intraday swing high, and a 2-1 payoff this seemed like a really good trade. Just wondering if I am setting my SL too tight, or if this trade just wasn’t meant to work out. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

That’s where I had it.
Picture: