Professional Trader offering Free mentorship via Babypips chat room

Hey why not. cant do any harm joining in on your discussions !

im gonna check out the videos i enjoy taking the student seat. look forward to contributing

im looking at the 1.3830 level too it is my 50% retracement level from 1.4520 to 1.3152 and also is a level of resistance on some of the previous few days

Very good Brian! those resistance levels mean more to me than the 50% fib…but that’s a nice bonus :slight_smile:

No idea if it will work or not…but, it’s got good odds. guess we’ll find out!

Jay

yes its been i good place of resistance and will look to short there unless there are long candles going up to that level. otherwise i think there is a gartley pattern developing and the d should form at the 1.40 level which also is the bottom of the previous range and its a physcological level as well.

it entered your zone at 1.3816 did you take the trade jay?

i still have open short at 1.3830

I do too Brian. I’m thinking it’ll trigger before london is over…but, we’ll see.

Jay

P.S. Disclaimer: Don’t trade mah trades :wink: tradings risky. you could lose everything you own, and then some. no joke. i’m not endorsing anything, trading or otherwise. Anything I put up here is STRICTLY EDUCATIONAL.

Guess it didn’t get filled overnight but stick with the trade well at least I’m gonna

Brian, if you’re following the rule of “only taking a trade off of a fresh daily level”, I would recommend you don’t take this trade anymore. The level was hit. The trade didn’t trigger. Oh well. Move on.

The underlying reasons for their being a supply demand imbalance when the order was originally set are no longer as predictable as they were before, and I have found in many cases…these situations contribute to a lower success rate.

Jay

Hey guys…i’m gonna do something special for this thread. As some of you may know, i have another I started that has me posting my trades “live”, and my thoughts surrounding those trades. It’s really for me become my own personal growth thread, combined with a challenge to turn a small account into a full time income over a period of months.

However, I want to keep this thread true to form, and moving ahead. So, i’m going to start posting some trade ideas as I see them. I ask you to do the same.

This way, we can all learn more together.

Jay

I had a pending long on EURJPY set for 104.76 which lined up with a pivot and fib level…however, it missed getting triggered earlier by a pip or 2, and would also have hit my t/p. Before reading this post, I had already deleted it for pretty much those reasons, and also that price hasn’t bounced up too dramatically in the 5 hours since then. Unless there is another yentervention, it looks like there is another demand zone lower down that it may head for…103ish area?

Sweet…as a rule…one i determine my zone…i put my order 1 pip+spread below it (for suppply levels), and a stop 1 - 7 pips + spread above it.

don’t know if this would have helped in this case for you…but it’s worth considering i believe

Jay

P.S. put everything up! if it doens’t follow strictly, just mention that. i don’t just want to cater to the basics here…if someone is able to get more out of these concepts…wonderful! and by all means I appreicate those contributions.

ok then…I have this on my radar…a pending short USDCHF from .9130. Supply zone (white dashed lines) containing a confluence of the R1 pivot and 127% fib of previous daily range…the red and yellow lines at the top right. My stop is just above at .9150, t/p is .9096. My stop should probably be tighter if my zone is correct but 20 pips is within my risk level so I’ll give that extra buffer, although it is a bit of a psych #…hmmmm.

great pip…i like most of it. of course, sijnce this daily level isn’t strictly virgin…it is a slightly lower probability trade.

personally, i’d put my entry about 1 pip + spread below the zone…so, for me, i’d do it about 0.9128

then…i’d have my stop 5 - 7 pips above the top of the level.

so, entry 0.9128, stop 27 pips away

target is fine.

this doesn’t offer the best RR…and i think your target is about as a reasonable as possible considering it’s just
above the top of the opposing, newly formed, daily demand level (at least on my charts thats how it shows)… but, i like the trade over all :slight_smile:

i will likley take it myself!

Jay

Crap…should have done the same…on my chart price reached .91294…how unlucky is that! :frowning:

Well either it’s not quite done and may still spike up, or it is. How long would you leave the possibility open before aborting it?

nevermind…while typing this, I can see on the edge of my browser window that price did spike up…ohmpa!..we’re on…

Looks like we both got stopped out on this one.

That’s ok…it’ll happen sometimes. I think the two things to consider here are the same two i mentioned before:

1. This is not a fresh daily level

2. we have relatively little room to run before we come into what is now a fresh daily demand level.

And possibly…trailing stops or moving to BE or somethign like this may have helped this trade to breakeven or lose less.

Something to consider for everyone trying to learn sup/dem level trading.

Jay

Nice videos very informative look forward to seeing more and giving this a good shot

thanks

Hey jay and sweet been really busy this week with the business will post some ideas up later

All I can say is Bump

And Nothing is more pro than trading while teaching me at the same time and being right as well.

Nothing against ICT he has his style and its good but he is so saturated with questions its hard to get 1 on 1’s with him while trying to pump out more content and answers. With Jay 1 on 1’s are almost inevitable. Yes there are seminars but for a majority of it if you are struggling and you reach out he’s there to help you answer your million dollar questions.