Programmers here?

Are there any other programmers here? Not looking for anything, just chit chat.

Scott

This is a great platform for traders who are willing to learn. I’m sure you will find some good programmers here.

Hello Scott

I have been programming professionally since 1994 with a break of a few years to be a Windows Domain Admin, even then I did some programming of tools to help me run the domain. I am currently a programmer for a catalogue company and I use both COBOL and C# in my day to day stuff.

1 Like

Where in Texas? I used to live in Wichita Falls.

@igillman , click on @ICodeInTX avatar. A box will pop up. Click on the user’s avatar again and it will tell you the last time the user was seen. In this case, that’s almost 18 months.

Sadly, you most likely won’t get a reply.

1 Like

"CO"mmon "B"usiness "O"riented "L"anguage… its like trying to write poetry in pig latin, i hated it. its been a while.

i try to forget those huge hard drives that looks like a box of cake and they had small capacities. you couldnt smoke in the room and dust was a forbidden.

i worked on one of these dinosaurs back in the day…

2 Likes

Up until a couple of years ago I was still working on an IBM mainframe. Now I am working on a mainframe emulator in “the cloud” as well as more modern stuff like Amazon Lambdas running C#. Switching gears between the two in the middle of something can get quite painful.

Not for trading, I imagine.

Nope, for a catalogue company.

1 Like

i am a programmer. i am a person that simply LOVES to write code.

i have been writing code for fforty years and i have been a C coder for 32 years, and for which i get the dogsnot beat out of me in these forums.

they will demand that i either share my works with them or that they will ban me, and they usually do.

i do not use the basic indicators and i do not use moving averages, because they are literally worthless and WILL NOT predict the future.

i have already produced two fairly profound trading systems, the second of which turned a 900% profit on a live account in one year.

my third system is maybe almost finished after eighteen years and it is going to rock and before you ask… no, you may not have a copy of my code.

peace and love.

Sorry I never received notice that I had a reply waiting. I’m in central TX currently about to relocate near Palacios

Welcome back!

Hi . I think we must be of same generation. I am a programmer too, since 90s and man I hate that damn 1994. if you are curious to know why. just check my avatar :rofl: :expressionless:
wish you the best in your life :cherry_blossom:

Ah yes, the missed penalty.

1 Like