Prop Firm and Signals

I have a question about signals.

I have been trading on my own, but as of right now I am only a break even trader… I get into some profit then take a series of losses and need to work hard to make it back.

I found a reputable signal provider to follow trade ideas so I can boost my profitability, but I heard prop firms do not allow this and if they find that you have the same trades as another they may deny a payout.

Does anyone know of any trouble with prop firms and signals? I was thinking if I only take some trades and leave others they will not know. Or maybe if the trades are mixed with the signals and my own trades they will not know.

Any advice is appreciated!

Good. You’re half way there. Keep up the good work. Most people will lose their challenge accounts in a matter of days!

Based on my experience, if I remember correctly, do not allow people copying other people signals. Some do I think.

Even if they are not able to detect it let’s say, do you think you can make money in the long run by relying on the people signals? Something to think about.

In my humble opinion, I would say that it’s always the best thing to invest in yourself first. When you acquired the skills, no one can take it away from you. It’s yours and always will be. Be the 5% individual that can dominate the world, and those individuals are not always looking for shortcut.

If you’re looking for other people to help you buy groceries, fine, do it. But, if you’re looking for other people to lip sing their skills to become successful, my answer would be no.

Good luck!

Following someone else’s “signals” isn’t a way to become a profitable one.

There’s no such thing, unfortunately.

But unsurprisingly, if you think it through.

Sounds like it might help you to read a few posts in which this is pretty clearly explained?

1 Like