Proprietary trading firms. Anyone has experience with one?

Hello traders,

I want to know if some of you have traded in a Proprietary Trading firm, and if you could share your experience with us about what it’s like to trade there.

There are some of them here in Toronto (more than I would’ve thought of), and honestly it never sounded very attractive to me to join one because of some bad rumors, but that’s all that I’ve heard, rumors. Now I’m more on my own way, but still I’m curious about this.

I also read in a local newspaper that at this firms, traders usually don’t hold positions for more than 10 minutes, being two minutes the average, and how the enter multiple trades during the day.

I know there are multiple strategies, and everyone trades however they want, but I barely make 5 trades a week. It’s not about quantity, but quality; but I’m curious to know what kind of strategies are used there, and if somehow it’s comparable to the regular technical analysis that we’ve learnt in books and here.

Anyone?? You can just drop by and say hi :smiley:

I will stop by and say hi !:)Interesting subject but no personnel experience with it.