Props account Passing Tips

I will appreciate if anyone share tips around strategy, risk management, number of trades or risk size that has helped them pass prop firms challenge and access funded accounts easily.

I would tell you 92% fail when the benchmark is $1 profit, 99.8% fail when the benchmark is $1,000s per month profit, and even if someone did know firms that can project you in to the 0.2% you can never be told who they are because the world has locked everything down to make sure they get paid first, but feel free to try, after all hope is the last bastion of the human race.

1 Like

:one: Plan Each Trade: Know your entry, exit, and stop-loss points.

:two: Risk Management: Limit risk to 1-2% of your account per trade.

:three: Emotional Control: Keep a clear head, don’t let emotions drive decisions.

:four: Never Stop Learning: Market dynamics change, so should your knowledge.

:five: Stick to Your Strategy: Trust your tested strategy, don’t be swayed by trends.

:six: Quality over Quantity: No need to trade daily, wait for clear opportunities.

Remember, prop firms value consistency, discipline, and risk management over quick profits. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover::moneybag::muscle:

5 Likes

I would suggest you try LUX trading firm that offers as much time as you want to reach their targets. For me, that’s a walk in the park.

1 Like

Thank you @Emi.s I appreciate your great tips. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the amazing tip. Truth no time limit can reduce the pressure to pass a challenge

Thanks @alistera for the kind addition

Start here:

Feel free to ask anything here. We’re all here to help each other out and ask questions. :blush:

Focus on creating a strong trading strategy, putting them into practice, using good risk management methods,

Are you speaking from experience? :open_mouth:

Of course experience.

Oh man. How many prop firms did you go through? :cold_sweat:

1 Like

All the ones you will know.

And you passed all of them?

Why are YOU still here if the effort is futile?

Well, that’s a vague answer. @alistera sounds quite pessimistic. I think the real disbelief you’re expressing comes from disbelieving in yourself. Just because something is difficult, that doesn’t mean it’s not worth the effort.

Keep studying and switch to demo.

1 Like

This is all for newbies, my quality of life is better than yours which is why I can absorb your condescension like a gentle summer breeze, but here’s a little education for you, hope is very different from hard work and consistency. We knew many years ago the prop firms were there for the monthly fees not to breed success, only now is the world catching up to this fact.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [people] to do nothing.”

One day you may also catch up to this fact, but I doubt it :grinning:

1 Like

Aye - that’s the source of profit - perfectly legal and is good for teaching discipline.

They are not actually “prop” firms in the true sense - they are “Scouting firms”.

Traditional props are firms who solely aligned to the best interests of their traders - their profits are derived from their employees trading.
They only enlist the top graduates - pay a salary whilst training typically for 6 months, then continue with a base salary + bonuses

Retail traders have no access to These Prop firms.

Another type of prop firm is where the aspiring trader pays a deposit to the firm, gains access to all the tools incl a desk but uses the deposit in the early days.

Again retail has no access.

3 Likes

Which part was condescending? It was genuine concern. Surely, you can tell the difference. That is, unless your quality of life isn’t as high as you say, and you have a sensitive ego. THIS is a theory. Those with sensitive egos defend it more ferociously. THIS is an observation.

Of course it is. But hope can help endure years of hard work without positive results. If you don’t like the word hope, you can substitute it with something else. Hope, your dreams, inspiration, motivation, determination, etc.

THIS is condescending.

Regardless, I wish you the best in your financial endeavors. THIS is genuine.

2 Likes

Of course it is :grinning: